Oil Leak on my 720....

1980-1986 Datsun 720 forums. All 720-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
KDW720
Car: 1986 Nissan 720

Hi, I haven't been on this forum before. I bought my 720 last year in March, it wouldn't idle and it leaked oil so I got it for cheap. I fixed the idle issues and the start of what is to be the longest running oil leak I have ever had. I started by doing the pan gasket and that seemed to work for a few weeks, next thing was the rear main seal which I thought was the problem, did that and it still leaked. Just yesterday I took my cat off and gutted it in hopes to eliminate some backpressure, I've done my PCV valve, I've done just about every gasket I can in hopes to fix the leak, I talked to my local engine guy and he said that he thinks its my valve cover gasket (did that, it still leaks), I am running out of ideas as to what it could be, it is coming from the passenger side of the engine, just above the oil pan and in between the valve covers and the pan. I've spent too much time to just give up on the thing.

PLEASE HELP!!
:wtf2:
Thanks,

Kyle.

silverbullet84
Car: 1984 Nissan 720

It's your oil pressure sensor...sending unit for your oil pressure light on your dash.

Return to “Datsun 720”