Oil Filter relocation ideas

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Have a kit that I bought from ebay for Oil Filter relocation. Just the 2 end pieces and will get custom braided lines to go on them.

Curious of those that have relocated where the best place you've found.

Currently I have very little room. Wanted to possibly put it towards the top of the frame rail, but no real way to secure it there (just has 2 alan head bolts nuts for the mounting bracket).

If mounted on the fender well I'm not sure if I'd like the oil runoff when doing an oil change.

Any input?

Thanks

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

I've seen them put in the fender area, or even in an the area where the battery used to be... but that was usually on swapped vehicles. Its really not too bad to get to on the KA. Why are you relocating it?

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

PapaSmurf2k3 wrote:I've seen them put in the fender area, or even in an the area where the battery used to be... but that was usually on swapped vehicles. Its really not too bad to get to on the KA. Why are you relocating it?
I have a braided line coming from the filter block up to the strut tower (then split for turbo feed line and oil pressure sender). That line is making it impossible to get the filter out from the bottom of the engine and causes a mess of oil. So got the filter relocation kit to help that.

neverlift

mines in the battery area...
I unbolt it and put a bag under it while doing changes.. ph8a filter it holds like 2quarts:)

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”