Oil Filter Change

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
coachhomer
Car: 2007 qx56

Was going to change my oil and filter the other day and I found it a bit ridiculous that I had to remove the front skid plate to access the filter. That is going to be fun to do every oil change.

Anyway, i couldn't get the filter off and I couldn't get the filter wrench in there to remove the filter. I called the dealer to see what they use to get the filter off and they said..."a really big wrench". What are you all using?

thanks for the help.

C

coachhomer
Car: 2007 qx56

Well after 93 views I just want to thank everyone for their timely responses. The short answer to my own question was that I used a big wrench. I still can't believe that the front skid plate has to be removed to get to the filter. My other vehicle is a 4-wheel drive ford superduty and it could not be any easier to work on. No idea why the Japanese make everything so difficult.

thanks again for the help,

C

nsrZ32
Car: 90 300ZX TT, 78 280Z, 71 521 Pickup, 98 Sentra 2.0 SE, 02 Altima 3.5 SE, 01 Focus s2

Its actually very easy to do. I was a Nissan tech before I became a Nissan service advisor. Remove the two rear 10mm bolts on the splash shield and bend it forward. Then use an oil filter wrench to unscrew the filter. Shouldn't take more than 10 mintues to move the shield out of the way and swap the filters. Sorry I didn't see this thread sooner, I hardly ever frequent the truck forums.

q56er
Car: QX56

Thanks for the advice. I was looking at the skid plate the other day, wondering if bending it forward would work. After the oil is changed is there an oil change reminder that has to be reset? I read something about it somewhere.

Black stallion
Car: 1994 Q45/2006 QX56

Yes, go to your nav screen and scroll to the screen that has the different intervals (oil change, tire rotation) you can set it at whatever interval you like.

Press the joystick to reset. I'm tired right now, but saw your thread I.E. the short answer, but all can be found in owners manual

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”