oil and filter notice reset

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
rg11782

I recently had an oil change and filter from Jiffy lube. About a week later I started getting notices on the red screen that the vehicle was due for this service. I feel like such a fool. I follow the books intrtuction on how to reset but they don't disappear. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Thank you.

zozoka1212
Car: 08 Infiniti G35x

Don't feel bad. It happens. You have to go to the screen where it says maint. Scroll down with the bottom on the right side lower bottom. It will ask you to reset set and back. I try to do this from my head. Then you scroll down to reset and hit the same bottom(right lower). You can do the same with the tire also and oil filter and oil.

At least that's how we have to do it on the G. I believe it is same on the EX.

zozo

rg11782

I finally resolved the annoying red maintenance notices by calling the dealer and someone in maintenance talked me through clearing the messages. It took all of two minutes. The manual tells you to put the car in "ON" which I did numerous time, to no avail. What the book doesn't tell you is that the motor must be running?? I never started the car because at $4.59 a gallon I would prefer to reset messages without idling. Does all this make sense?? You can't access the navagation with the car running but you must have the engine on to reset maintenance notices. I no longer feel like a boob. Go Figure.

dividedhighw
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD (Technology Pkg)

Thanks for the update, rg11782!

I guess we add this to our growing list of EX35 Oddities.

Cheers,David

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”