Offsets - Wheels

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
G35Sunfan
Car: G35 M35

For those of you that have looked into getting new wheels for your M, I was wondering what offsets are being suggested for it. I know the sport wheels are at a +50. In order to get a more agressive look you have to bring that number down a bit. I've heard anything from a +35 - +42 would work? However....I have a set of 20' MAYA GR5 that I have sitting around since I traded in my G coupe. I know the offset may be too agressive for the M and they would probably stick out too far at +26 for the fronts and +29 for the rears. They are also a staggered set-up with 245/35 up front and 275/30 on the rear. I know tirerack says the M can take up to 275's on the rear. I'm trying to save a few bucks here but if I have to I will sell my wheels and purchase some that are new but I like the nice polished lips and the 5 spoke design. I really need the wheel guys to chime in on this one. Thanks... BTW if these don't work I'm looking at a set of 20' PIAA Super Rozzas.

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

I think you should just try it... In theory, assuming that the widths are the same, the wheels will stick out 30ish mm more... 3cm... Doesnt really seem like that much does it???

Remember that the offset depends on the wheel width too in how its going to fit on the car.

G35Sunfan

I'm definitely going to try them on just to take a look. The width however may be the issue...9' fronts and 10.5 rear. What can I say I had my Coupe looking good. Thanks for the reply. Basically it would be a difference of -24mm up front and -21mm for the rear. That very aggressive....also I'm concerned the big wheels out back will hamper the rear steering as I have the sport model. The M definately has a small tuck to the wheels so in theory I should have some mm to play with. The rear lip is 3.5 inches. If it works it'll look great. The G and M vehicles share the same 5x114 bolt pattern so I'm not worried about that. Wish me luck...I'm going for it. BTW fitting the G in tha garage was much easier than this boat. My wifes Highlander may get kicked out.....

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Definitely very aggressive.

Not something I would consider doing, since it will change the behavior of the car suspension a bit, particularly if the diameter of the tire you use is different from stock.

But, I can see the allure and desire to do this!

Frankly, I am conservative! And tend to favor avoiding wheel and tire widths that cause either (a) suspension contact or (b) rubbing on the fender. Normal daily driving tends to encounter enough potholes and the like to make those happen.

Z

G35Sunfan

szhosain wrote:Definitely very aggressive.

Not something I would consider doing, since it will change the behavior of the car suspension a bit, particularly if the diameter of the tire you use is different from stock.

But, I can see the allure and desire to do this!

Frankly, I am conservative! And tend to favor avoiding wheel and tire widths that cause either (a) suspension contact or (b) rubbing on the fender. Normal daily driving tends to encounter enough potholes and the like to make those happen.

Z
I agree it's agressive but just like the G coupe the M swallows small wheels like cops on donuts. Though the suspension is softer in the M than my G the wheels shouldn't come any closer to the fender than stock. I want the wheel gap minimized as much as possible on this car. A agressive offset is a good way to do this. Camber will become an issue if this works I'm sure. Beleive me I'm not going to punish my new car if I don't have to. Either it works with no issues or someone will be getting a good deal on Ebay for some nice wheels and tires.

G35Sunfan

It didn't work. Those 10.5 +29 rears were just too much. Looks like I'll be selling.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

G35Sunfan wrote:It didn't work. Those 10.5 +29 rears were just too much. Looks like I'll be selling.
Sorry to hear that!

Can you elaborate on what went wrong? Looks or fitment or contact or ... ?

Z

G35Sunfan

szhosain wrote:
Sorry to hear that!

Can you elaborate on what went wrong? Looks or fitment or contact or ... ?

Z
The combination of a +29 offset with the 10.5 width was just too much. The wheels stuck out nearly 2 inches beyound the end of the wheelwell. Thinking that the stock wheels are at +50 on the M it was a long shot. However I didn't but should have tried the fronts on the rear. I guess I was so disapointted I just put the stocks back on.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”