2011 NICOFEST Carlisle, PA:Official Registration Information

Read about NICOclub events of the past.
EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Welcome to the 2011 NICOfest autocross/drift registration thread at the Carlisle Performance and Style Show! May 14-15 (Sat-Sun) at the Carlisle Fairgrounds.

If you're interested in auto-crossing your own car on a wickedly fun autocross course, or displaying your drifting skills without any fear of getting arrested, this is the place to sign up.

We're talking unlimited runs over two days, drift, auto-cross or both. Any make car is welcome. No track experience necessary, opened to all licensed drivers 18 or older. There are no special modifications required for most cars, no special skills required from you. For a small one-time $10 flat fee, (over and above the Performance and Style admission,) you can join us in the private fenced-in NICO paddock beside the track, test your skills with your car, or get an extra close view of the action. Non driving guests are welcome but they will be subject to the same fee.

For those of you who are new to this event, Cars at Carlisle is nationally recognized for their excellent car shows. Five years ago, we brought NICOFEST to the Carlisle Performance & Style show, and the nice folks at Carlisle allowed us unlimited use of their track for NICO members. Needless to say, it was a huge success. But rather than us being the only ones having all of the fun on the track, you are cordially invited to join us with your own car to test your skills and have fun. We're now on our 5th year, and this year will be the biggest yet . The plan is to once again alternate between drifting and autocross throughout the two days. This translates to literally hours of track time for both autocrossing and drifting.

The link below is a recap of last year’s event. This should give you a taste for what it’s about.

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/nicofe ... -2010.html

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!

2010 Formula D Champion, Vaughn Gitten Jr., will be at the even on Saturday, May 14th for 2 drifting demonstrations. He will also be signing autographs all day. Don't miss out on meeting the 2010 Formula D Champion!

SIGNING UP

Registration will be slightly different this year, but still very easy. For both NICO members and non-NICO members, please visit the registration link below. You will be prompted to Paypal $10 to NICOclub with Carlisle Registration as the subject matter. Please register separately for each guest. If the name on your Paypal account is different than yours, please indicate so in the comments field on the Paypal transaction. Only names registered through Paypal (or indicated as different in the comments) will be considered registered. No exceptions. If you do not have a Paypal account, major credit cards are excepted via the Paypal website as well. To verify your registration, click the button below. Please note your registration does not update live and may take up to a day after you submit payment for it to reflect on the registration list.
Online Registration
Closed
The registration link will require your real first/last name, not NICO handle. Posting on this site will not be enough to register this year. Sorry.

The Paypal link for the $10 fee will be for track registration only. It is completely separate from the Performance and Style general registration. This link is also safe. As in the past, there are no obligations, no extra fees, no hidden charges, no junk mail, no spam. You do not need to own a Nissan or Infiniti to participate. We welcome any make/model car to join the fun. Guests are welcome, but will be subject to the same one-time $10 fee.

Please use this thread for any questions or comments. It will be closely monitored by NICO staff, and we’ll answer you as quickly as possible.

"Walk-in" registration without signing up here will also be permitted, but they will be subject a one-time $25 fee. Good for the duration of the event, with all the same privileges.

Remember, registering for the NICOfest auto-cross and drift does not exclude you from enjoying the many other activities that the Carlisle Performance and Style show offers. It’s a huge show full of features and activities over two days.

Here are the general rules/requirements to participate in the NICOfest Carlisle Drift/Autro-cross event:

General Event Rules

- Participants must be 18 or older licensed drivers

- Event is open to all registered drivers with any make car that pass our technical inspection, No special equipment is required for most vehicles.

- No SUV’s or trucks will be permitted to participate unless approved by the eventmasters.

- All convertibles must have approved aftermarket roll bar or roll cage installed with minimum 4 pt belts. Convertible roll bars must also meet the “2 inch broomstick rule”, where there must be at least 2” of clearance between the top of the drivers helmet and bottom edge of the top roll bar cross. Please note, Ffactory hoops are not acceptable, but secure hardtops are acceptable.

- No motorcycles will be permitted on track

- The tech requirements for your car appear later in this thread.

- This is an "at risk" event. That is, the only insurance covering you and your vehicle during this event is your own. Carlisle Events and NICOclub are not responsible for any damages, injuries, thefts.

- Driving on the track is restricted to those who have registered, paid, plus signed the waivers. Participants must still pay admission to the Carlisle Performance and Style show.

- Un-registered participants (walk ins) are also welcome to run on the track, but will be subject to a one-time $25 fee to participate. That is over and above the admission to the Carlisle Performance and Style show.

-There will be no rental helmets available, so participants must supply their own SA2000 (or newer) Snell rated helmets (no cracks). Motorcycle helmets are also acceptable, but they must have a Snell rating of M2000 or newer. We will also accept helmets with a BSI safety rating of 6658 Type A. Note, helmets with just an SAE/DOT rating are not acceptable. Please make sure you check your helmet to make sure they not only have a Snell or BSI sticker but that has a current one. If there is no valid Snell or BSI sticker, that helmet cannot be used. No exceptions. Bicycle helmets are also not acceptable. It is okay to share helmets, but please be forewarned, no one will be permitted on that track without wearing an approved helmet. Please advise during tech/registration if he or she is sharing helmets. If people are sharing helmets, the helmet only needs to be tech'ed once.

- Long cotton pants/cotton shirts mandatory while driving on track (jeans are fine, but no shorts, please.)

- No flip/flops or sandals. Closed shoes only (sneakers are fine).

- Windbreaker/plastic jackets (which melt in fires), are not permitted for on track driving.

- Cars only need to be tech'ed once for the duration of the event. There is a Tech session planned for Friday afternoon at the official NICO hotel. More information to follow.

-There is no minimum or maximum # of runs. Run as often as you'd like.

-There will be no separate running classes.

- Only cars that have passed tech with registered participants that have signed the waivers will be permitted on course.

- There can be more than one driver per car, but each driver must be registered. Cars with more than one driver only need to be tech’d once.

- Runs can only be made while track is staffed and operating green. No un-authorized private sessions allowed unless specifically approved by the eventmaster.

- Each car will be assigned a number, please make sure it is displayed on driver side rear window.

- Driver’s window must be open while on track. Sunroofs must be closed

- We only allow passengers to ride with instructors or staff. If you’re not staffer or instructor, expect to be denied.

- Passengers must have signed waivers and wear an approved helmet.

- One vehicle will be on the track at one time for autocross. Multiple cars on the track for drifting will be at the sole discretion of the eventmaster.

- Cars will need to be completely emptied of loose articles (including radar detectors, maps, tools, floor mats, etc. before going on the track.

- There will be a fenced in paddock area, but Carlisle Events and NICO assume no responsibility for any lost or stolen property.

- Auto-cross runs will be timed and tracked by car number. If you are sharing a car, not the primary driver, and want to be timed separately, please speak to the starter each time you stage.

- In-car video equipment is permitted but must be securely mounted. Must not obstruct drivers view. Eventmaster, NICO, or starter reserve right to refuse a setup.

- No alcohol beverages in the paddock or on track.

- Smoking is not permitted in the pit/track area.

- No pets.

- No bedding of brakes or testing of vehicles in the paddock area.

- Only park in designated areas. If you must jack your car up, please use wood or metal under the jack/jackstands to prevent damage to the asphalt.

- Please remove all used tires, parts, liquids, garbage before leaving.

- The facility will not have gas,oil, or air, so you’ll need to check your cars prior to arrival.

- Bad behavior may result in dismissal from event or facilities. Please follow starter/corner worker flag instructions.

- All Participants are asked to volunteer to help operate the event, like corner working, registration, or tech. The cars can only run if the corners are staffed.

- And most importantly, Have fun.

CAR "TECH" REQUIREMENTS

Here is what will be required to pass the technical inspection. Essentially if your car can pass a state inspection, it should pass tech. Please be sure to check your over carefully before coming. It would be a shame not to be able to run because of something small.

Engine compartment: no leaks, fluids okay, belts tight, throttle free, no cheap tape on hoses.

Brakes: fluid clean, full

Brake lights/signals: operational

Battery: mounted securely

Wipers: functional

Tires: Autocross: no cuts, no cord showing, no dry rot. R-compounds or slicks are permitted
Drift: no tire requirements.

Wheels: no missing lugnuts. Torque will be checked during tech.

Interior: all loose items removed, glove box empty, floor mats removed

Restraints – factory seat belts are acceptable.

Fire Extinguisher – optional, but if present must be securely mounted

Trunk : emptied, and secured

Helmet: SA2000/M2000 ratings or newer. No cracks. DOT/SAE (only) rated helmets are not acceptable

Gas cap : present and secured.

VOLUNTEERS

We’ll need volunteers to make it happen.Volunteers are naturally welcome to drive. But with the track open for so many hours, we’ll need everyone to volunteer some time. Here are the areas where we are asking for volunteer help:

Tech inspector: working a simple checklist, don’t need to be a mechanic.

Registration: checking in attendees, signing waivers, assigning car numbers, issuing wristbands.

Corner workers: for safety, picking up cones, reporting knocked over cones, watching for debris, spin outs, fluids, etc.

Starter: In charge of safety, launches drivers. Coordinates with corner workers.

OTHER DETAILS

You will go through tech prior to registration. Tech is located at the NICOfest tent just outside the entrance to the paddock. Once you,your car, and your helmet pass tech, you then register at the same tent, where you will sign waivers and be issued a wrist band and a number for your car. The number is to be taped to the inside of the driver side rear window. Please wear the wrist band for the duration of the event (All weekend).

If your car already has a number, we will let you use it, but please let us know that number when you register, so we don't give it out to someone else.

You only need to register once for the duration of the event.

The Carlisle main gates will open at 0800 both days. The official address is as follows:

Carlisle Fairgrounds1000 Bryn Mawr RoadCarlisle PA 17013-1588

Carlisle is just west of Harrisburg PA. convenient to the PA turnpike and I-81.

The track is located on the north side of the property, and can be seen from the PA turnpike. Once you come through the gate into the fairgrounds, and pass the buildings, you will turn left and head for the big tent.

The track itself an out-and-back asphalt course with a grass infield. There are some on and off camber turns that make this course much more interesting than a normal parking lot auto-cross setup. It is a second gear course. You should find it easy to navigate, but challenging to get through fast. There will also be a lot of spectators which adds to the excitement. Both the track and paddock are fenced in.

We will publish the auto-cross/drift schedules as soon as they get finalized. The drifting will be featured by the show so expect plenty of spectators.

To register for the Performance and style show itself, please refer to Carlisle's Registration page here: http://store.carlisleevents.com/SearchR ... asp?Cat=22 and make sure to choose "NICO" as your club affiliation. This will get you credentials to get into the show. Once you are inside, if you are registered for the track event, simply come on down to the paddock and check in. There is also plenty of parking if you choose not to run on the track.

Some other tips.

You are on your own for overnight accommodations. There will be no camping at the fairgrounds. We will announce where most of the staff will be staying, but you under no obligation to stay there. There are many places to stay in the Carlisle area in all price ranges.

If you are after maximum runs, we recommend getting tech’ed/registered on Friday afternoon, and arriving at the Fairgrounds early on Saturday so you can get on track immediately. Tech lines can get long on Saturday morning. The lines to get on track traditionally have been smallest early on Saturday morning, and Sunday afternoon until closing. The drift/auto-cross schedule runs tight, so if you’re planning to run, you might want to give yourself time to get prepped before the session begins.

That's it for now, please stay tuned in case of any changes or announcements.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask here. We hope you will join us at the Carlisle Performance and Style show for some extra special fun with your car.

Any questions can be addressed here and either Joel (Bubba1), the eventmaster, or any other staff member and we will do our best to answer your questions as quickly as possible.

Thank you,

Torry

gmac708
Car: :o)
1970 240Z
1972 510

I had to do it twice. Once for myself and the second time for Cameron.
Pretty simple really. :dblthumb:

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

gmac708 wrote:I had to do it twice. Once for myself and the second time for Cameron.
Pretty simple really. :dblthumb:
Got it! Thanks! Now just check in at the tent as usual and we'll get you on the track!

Heavy
Car: 1992 Mr.Two, 1996 LS4HUNNID, 1999 Appliance on wheels.

registered!

ill do the tech again, it was quite fun seeing some of the s*** people tried to pull to get their cars onto the track last year....

NOTE**** idgaf how far you drove with missing lug nuts or if you dodged farm machinery in the road with a bungy cord wrapped around your battery holding it down, make sure everything is secure on your car and not half-assed, it saves a lot of time checking all of these cars

EvoTyler
Car: 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution

Heavy wrote: NOTE**** idgaf how far you drove with missing lug nuts or if you dodged farm machinery in the road with a bungy cord wrapped around your battery holding it down, make sure everything is secure on your car and not half-assed, it saves a lot of time checking all of these cars
+1.
I'll also be available to help tech cars on friday again too. Let me know what you need, I live like 15 minutes from the fairgrounds so I can help with whatever.

Slappy
Car: 1993 240 sx coupe

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Slappy wrote:Is this the same layout?

http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/33974408
Yup, same layout!

RaikkonensApprentice
Car: 1998 240sx SE/Silver Moss/KA24DE
1992 300ZX/Sapphire Blue/VG30DETT

so, registering for the Performance & Style will get me access to the fairgrounds and to chill at the Nico tent, correct? I don't plan on running the track, the s12 is no good for that stuff. how bout if I have guests along with me, must I register each person in the car?

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

RaikkonensApprentice wrote:so, registering for the Performance & Style will get me access to the fairgrounds and to chill at the Nico tent, correct? I don't plan on running the track, the s12 is no good for that stuff. how bout if I have guests along with me, must I register each person in the car?
We'll have 2 tents. One inside the pit fence and one outside. By registering for the P&S show, you'll have general access to the fairgrounds and are more than welcome to hang out at the NICO tent that is outside the pits (our registration tent).

If you want to get into the pits and hang out in the pit tent, it is $10 per person (good for the entire weekend)--regardless if you bring in a car or not.

RaikkonensApprentice
Car: 1998 240sx SE/Silver Moss/KA24DE
1992 300ZX/Sapphire Blue/VG30DETT

okay cool, thanks for the clarification. see you guys there =]

kieranlavin
Car: Coupla cars

Torry -

I'll talk to you tomorrow about it but Ray and I will likely come down. Not driving but we'll come hang out, help out, and recruit for the convention :)

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

kieranlavin wrote:Torry -

I'll talk to you tomorrow about it but Ray and I will likely come down. Not driving but we'll come hang out, help out, and recruit for the convention :)
Nice! Yeah I'll give you a call tomorrow afternoon.

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Thank you, Evotyler & Heavy. We really appreciate your help. :bigthumb: Tech will be the same as last year. The only thing that might come in handy is an extra torque wrench if you remember it. We'll have have pens, clipboards and the other stuff.

Ozzie
Car: '90 300ZX twin turbo - 2 seater
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S twin turbo
'06 MK5 Golf tdi

Once I get the main entrance registration sorted out, I will also register for this (even though I don't have a car there)

EDIT: Also, put me down for Tech inspector, registration, corner worker, and starter duties, as required. I'll help out with whatever is needed.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Ozzie wrote:Once I get the main entrance registration sorted out, I will also register for this (even though I don't have a car there)

EDIT: Also, put me down for Tech inspector, registration, corner worker, and starter duties, as required. I'll help out with whatever is needed.
Thanks, Ozzie. We'll happily accept your help, there's plenty to do there.

Drakelee
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx RB20det
1986 Mazda RX7:for sale
1997 Ford Ranger:PitTruck<3

so just to be clear, I pay the $10 to Nico via paypal and then the other amount for the 2011 Carlisle Performance & Style Race Paddock. Is that all I need? I dont plan to show my car, I do want to hit the track as well as see the cars that are being shown. sorry for being difficult.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Drakelee wrote:so just to be clear, I pay the $10 to Nico via paypal and then the other amount for the 2011 Carlisle Performance & Style Race Paddock. Is that all I need? I dont plan to show my car, I do want to hit the track as well as see the cars that are being shown. sorry for being difficult.
To clarify, the $10 paypal is strictly for the track use. It is separate from the admission to the Performance and Style show. The P&S admission is also where you decide whether you want to pay the extra to show your car(called getting judged by P&S) . If you don't want to "show" your car but still want to drive it into the fairgrounds, you purchase a "non-judged" admission.

Hope that helps.

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Drakelee wrote:so just to be clear, I pay the $10 to Nico via paypal and then the other amount for the 2011 Carlisle Performance & Style Race Paddock. Is that all I need? I dont plan to show my car, I do want to hit the track as well as see the cars that are being shown. sorry for being difficult.
That's correct. It looks like Carlisle has set up a Race Paddock and non-judged entry this year, both for $40. I believe those are pretty much the same thing. So $40 to get into the fairgrounds with your car (paid to Carlisle), and $10 (paid to NICO) to get into the pit/track area.

numbnuts240
Car: 1999 exploder 4-door 5-speed, 1974 fairlady z 250gt, 2011 ford focus, 2010 mazda3

wake me up on saturday with enough time for denny's and i'm down to help out. until retard olympics that is.

helluvasinger
Car: 1995 Infiniti G24 Coupe, '89 Hatch, '91 Hatch

I'll be there again this year..

I also have everything set up again for Nico Members at the Holiday Inn in Mechanicsburg. This is where the night time party is.. lol Ask a member who stayed here before, it's crazy. Just tell them you're with NICO and you'll get a discounted room rate.

The Holiday Inn has now changed names to the PARK INN!!!!!!!

Park Inn
5401 Carlisle Pike
Mechanicsburg PA 17050
717-697-0321

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

helluvasinger wrote:I'll be there again this year..

I also have everything set up again for Nico Members at the Holiday Inn in Mechanicsburg. This is where the night time party is.. lol Ask a member who stayed here before, it's crazy. Just tell them you're with NICO and you'll get a discounted room rate.

Park Inn
5401 Carlisle Pike
Mechanicsburg PA 17050
717-697-0321
Does the discounted Nico rate require full payment up front? They usually have a lower rate at that hotel if you prepay, that's why I'm wondering. What is the rate?

helluvasinger

Does the discounted Nico rate require full payment up front? They usually have a lower rate at that hotel if you prepay, that's why I'm wondering. What is the rate?[/quote]

I'm will have the final rate from her tomorrow morning.. I don't think you have to pay up front. She's been pretty good to us the last few years... I'll let you know for sure in the morning..

LongBeachCoupe
Car: 08 Altima Coupe (RIP Hurricane Sandy)
2005 Lexus RX

helluvasinger wrote:I'll be there again this year..

Park Inn
5401 Carlisle Pike
Mechanicsburg PA 17050
717-697-0321

I actually booked 17 rooms there for us already for this yr and 13 are taken already by guys from last yr!
Email me if you want a room!

helluvasinger

Torry - I canceled my contract with the hotel because LBC already has so many rooms. If we need more, it's cheaper to add on to his contract than open a new one, so we'll have to ask him what the rate is. Although they shouldn't have to be paid for until you arrive. Atleast that's how my contract was.

LBC - My parents only live 3 miles from the hotel. I'll just crash there.. lol But you still owe me my damn NICO t-shirt!! lol

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

helluvasinger wrote:Torry - I canceled my contract with the hotel because LBC already has so many rooms. If we need more, it's cheaper to add on to his contract than open a new one, so we'll have to ask him what the rate is. Although they shouldn't have to be paid for until you arrive. Atleast that's how my contract was.

LBC - My parents only live 3 miles from the hotel. I'll just crash there.. lol But you still owe me my damn NICO t-shirt!! lol
Keep in mind, Brian's rooms are nearly all taken already. In fact, I just emailed him that I'm taking one, so he's up to 14/17 claimed.

Also, his rooms are the Lodge rooms that are a much cheaper rate than the standard rooms at the hotel. I think the standard rooms were about $110/night if prepaid, but like $130 if you don't prepay. Not sure how your rate compared.

helluvasinger

EZcheese15 wrote:
Keep in mind, Brian's rooms are nearly all taken already. In fact, I just emailed him that I'm taking one, so he's up to 14/17 claimed.

Also, his rooms are the Lodge rooms that are a much cheaper rate than the standard rooms at the hotel. I think the standard rooms were about $110/night if prepaid, but like $130 if you don't prepay. Not sure how your rate compared.
I have been texting LBC about the rates he has received. Maybe it's because they are NOT the Holiday Inn anymore, but we are not getting any real type of discount on rooms this year like we have received in the past. The lodge is always the best way to go, but after that I'm not sure.. :wtf2:

LongBeachCoupe
Car: 08 Altima Coupe (RIP Hurricane Sandy)
2005 Lexus RX

Lodge rooms are all booked.

Managing payment and etc for 17 rooms (and 17 different niconauts) is going to be enough for me to handle... but I wont leave any niconaut out to pasture!

If you guys want std rooms at $110 a piece you can email/pm me and I will help you secure them, but the highly sought after Lodge Rooms are full.

PHENOMenalVinyl
Car: 08 altima coupe 2.5 mt

i sent in the $10 [email protected] is me matthew wolynski cant wait !!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by PHENOMenalVinyl on Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

PhEnoM78 wrote:can i register 4 people including myself just without names, because i dont know whos coming just yet with me.....
No, registration requires each name. Sorry.

PHENOMenalVinyl
Car: 08 altima coupe 2.5 mt

yea i just found that out ok ill tell everyone about it now but i ordered mine !!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Past NICO Events”