Official CoD Modern Warfare 2 thread.....with a NEW TRAILER!!!!!

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

NVG's....wow.

At least they would be "useable" unlike the helmet from the Legendary Edition of Halo 3...

http://modernwarfare2.net/

ProudNissanFreak
Car: 2005 Imaginary WRX STi, 2003 Civic

Yeah, it's not gunna be cheap, that's pretty much guaranteed.

marlin29311

MY guess is that they did a hack up job of some of the old kid's NVG's that used to cost around $80...

EyeClops was the name of the company IIRC...

I'm betting it;s going to be like $150 for the super duper edition.

Nali
Car: Datsun Nissan 280ZX

marlin29311 wrote:EyeClops
Yup, they use the same tech as the eyeclops sets, which cost some 50bucks from a shop.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

ProudNissanFreak wrote:Update: MW2 Prestige Edition to include working night-vision goggles.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/b...tle;2
I want to know who is in charge of making that mumbling, speech-impeded, inarticulate moron the "community manager" for that game. That guy is a HORRIBLE spokesperson.

RCA

blakexcore wrote:oh, ok. its gonna be stupid expensive. i say $200+
Close...

They updated the website and the offical Prestige version of MW2 is $150.

I won't be buying any speial anything of MW2.

blakexcore
Car: 90 240SX

me neither.i just went and preordered it yesterday :

gah, im beyond excited

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

You know, I'm getting fed up with special editions of games. It used to be a neat, novel thing. Now it's getting out of hand. Bullcrap like additional in-game content only coming in the special edition does NOT fly with me. When it was just a neat making-of DVD or a T-shirt or maybe a DVD instead of a stack of CDs, it was awesome (although there's no excuse for releasing anything on CD instead of DVD these days). But having different versions of the game with different content is really really counterproductive for the end-user. EVERYONE should be able to get the same experience out of the game. If you want to give out extra goodies on the side (like this night vision scope) that's fine. But don't unbalance things by giving some players an advantage or even just a different content set simply because they paid more. What a wonderful way to tell your customers "actually, we only care about your money."

marlin29311

That was one thing that annoyed me about Bad Comapny - you had to have played a certian Battlefield game for PC and pre-order the game to get the best assault rifle in mulitplayer...I really want it but I can never get it now...

schanne
Car: 93 Hatch-Sr20

Night vision goggles? Seriously?Sorry if it's a repost.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...0us11

blakexcore

schanne wrote:Night vision goggles? Seriously?Sorry if it's a repost.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...0us11
VVV
marlin29311 wrote:NVG's....wow.

At least they would be "useable" unlike the helmet from the Legendary Edition of Halo 3...

http://modernwarfare2.net/

marlin29311 wrote:That was one thing that annoyed me about Bad Comapny - you had to have played a certian Battlefield game for PC and pre-order the game to get the best assault rifle in mulitplayer...I really want it but I can never get it now...
it was the same for cod: waw. you got the m1 garand if you preordered it

Nali

blakexcore wrote:it was the same for cod: waw. you got the m1 garand if you preordered it
No for battlefield you had to register one of the older battlefield games to unlock FN F2K. So you had to own one of the of the older battlefield games and have played them online.

its kinda silly because Bad Company was the first PS360 battlefield, so to unlock the gun you had to have the PC versions of battlefield games.Most people who own PS360s dont play games on their PCs, the consoles are their main gaming platform, so the F2000 is super rare on PS360.

schanne
Car: 93 Hatch-Sr20

How many of the prestige kits will be available? What's the best place to get them?

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

schanne wrote:How many of the prestige kits will be available? What's the best place to get them?
Check stores that do game preorders. Best buy, gamestop and affiliates, etc. I don't imagine there will be many left on shelves unspoken for. Amazon will probably sell them as well.

Otto.

A confirmed perk lets you have 2 different attachments on your gun. yey!

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

Activision just sh1t on the PC crowd. They can canceled the Hardened Edition for us. I'm actually officially pissed. First EA and DICE turn their back on the genre's roots and haven't released a new Battlefield game since 2142 was out. I know we're supposed to get 1943, but knowing EA, that could be months down the road. Plus BF Heroes was kinda meh.

blakexcore

NEW KILLSTREAK TRAILER!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9NIueAnh1U

im so damn excitted!forza 3, dirt 2, and mw2 are gonna be f***ing sweet

Nali

blakexcore wrote:NEW KILLSTREAK TRAILER!.......
11 Kill streaks for the win!. I hated it when i got to 7 then i just had to sit and wait to die again, before i got any rewards.

Nothing but new guns shown in the trailer, i pray they didnt take out any SMGs to bring in the new guns, the a** rifles can all be changed i couldnt care less.But the MPS, P90, UZi, Skorp and AK74...no wait, the 74u can leave, it was a cheat anyway.

I love that theres a sticky Semtex grenade now, ill be able to stick the grenades on those pesky fast running shotgunners.

Nali

Watched the trailer in High Def and finally i think i have all the new guns.Some may be wrong so take with a grain of salt.

Rocket launcher = AT-4, whats dicey is that it had some sorta laser guidance, never heard of an AT-4 which locked on, nonetheless.

Machine gun with heartbeat sensor - M240. Confirmed.

Mean shotgun seen at 0.23 = AA-12 < This thing is gonna wreck online.

Gun seen at 0.30 = Bushmaster ACR. The Frankenstein of AssRifles, its alittle of everything

Other stuff.The game is most likely still using Xp ranking not skill ranking as was rumored, as an XP bar can be seen at the bottom of the screen. more clearly being filled at 1.16. although it might just be used for unlocking perks and rewards.

Perks or Rewards that affect enemies. If you look at 0.32 a small perk icon thats blue and looks kinda like the UAV jammer sign minus the cross appears....what you might have not noticed, is that you radar is funked up.Maybe its Radar Jammer.

Will keep analyzing to see if i find anything else.

marlin29311

blakexcore wrote:NEW KILLSTREAK TRAILER!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9NIueAnh1U

ZOMG it looks crazy...there is so much going on in that!

Chaotic_Warlord
Car: Black 5 speed Swapped 1995 240sx

blakexcore wrote:NEW KILLSTREAK TRAILER!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9NIueAnh1U

Damn you, you beat me to it. All I have to say is that there are going to be a s***-ton of pissed off peoples with that AC-130 as a killstreak rewards. That thing will absolutely demolish everyone on the map and in fact will give whoever has it an unfair advantage, especially in FFA games.

As far as the sticky grenades, that is gonna be effing sweet, I'm not worried about the shotgunners, it's those pesky SMG kids that I'll be using it on.

I'm psyched about this, but I may not have the time to play with all these other awesome games coming out before this. My time will be fully vested on FM3 and OFP:DR and if it does in fact come out on consoles in october ARMA II.

Nali

Chaotic_Warlord wrote:Damn you, you beat me to it. All I have to say is that there are going to be a s***-ton of pissed off peoples with that AC-130 as a killstreak rewards. That thing will absolutely demolish everyone on the map and in fact will give whoever has it an unfair advantage, especially in FFA games.
Nope the AC is probably gonna be as weak as the helicopter is now.Cept the with the current Heli our rockets dont seek it out. The AT-4 in this game will seek the Helis and ACs down. So if you have an AT-4 class. after being decked by it once, you come back and rape it easily.Those flares probably only work once, so 2-3 AT-4 gentlemen will be able to deck it.
Chaotic_Warlord wrote:As far as the sticky grenades, that is gonna be effing sweet, I'm not worried about the shotgunners, it's those pesky SMG kids that I'll be using it on.
Shotgunners are the worst. Have you seen how fast Super90 guys run.....I used to main the Super90 and i have many times ran so fast i would zigzag the gap with M16 users in between there bursts and facecap them with shot.

You should try it. If you are playing marines on strike works really well during domination, use Extreme conditioning, and use the Super90. As soon as the match starts begin sprinting towards C. The enemy spawnYou will get there in like 3-5 seconds. Now cook ur grenade and rape the whole other team. Better yet, bring out ur RPD and have a party with the , while stopping them from capturing C. Helicopter in 10 seconds.

This also works on the bog, but as the marines you would want to give up the high ground anyway.Its unfair, its almost as bad as the P90 was before the patch. They are too damn fast.

Chaotic_Warlord
Car: Black 5 speed Swapped 1995 240sx

I generally only play Free For All or HC TDM, don't really have a problem with the shotgun peoples, my problem is with the kids running around with skorpions and AK74u's getting headshots form halfway across the board, but I can't kill them with a well placed shot from the M4 or the M14. It's uber gay. As far the helicopter, well I just rip them out of the sky with the RPD or M60, and airstrikes I just go inside a building and wait it out. THe Artillary strikes and the dogs on WAW are 10 times more effective.

Oh and I hope to god they got rid of juggernaut, nothing pisses me of more than to hit a kid point blank with a shotgun only to see that little medical cross for Juggernaut and have them blast me.

I also hope they have much better hiding spots for sniping, I'd love to set up somewhere and pick people off and not have to worry about them blasting me in the face with an uzi or a pistol from clear across the map.

marlin29311

Chaotic_Warlord wrote:I also hope they have much better hiding spots for sniping, I'd love to set up somewhere and pick people off and not have to worry about them blasting me in the face with an uzi or a pistol from clear across the map.
I've gotten so good at killing people in last stand across the map....I love hearing everyone whine at the end of a match too....

And sweet Jesus they better get rid of Juggernaut...holy hell it should not take me an entire clip from my G36 to just kill you...

Nali

Ohh i see ur a purely HC player. Well i play HC TDM and HC HQ(not as bad as many think it is)

But cuz most of my friendslist is playing core games i end up there. And the shotguns are way too over powered.1. Speed, you run fastest holding a shotty2. Super90 FaceCap from 1000 metres away with steady aim3. Sleight of hand = never reloading cuz on the last shell the Super90 just keeps firing till ur outta bullets completely

In HC the G3 pretty much wrecks everything out there. 1 bullet 1 killI wonder if it will make a comback, or if some other single shot rifle will replace it.

But yes, i pray Juggernaut is taken out....you know ive never met someone who actually used juggernaut, it was always someone on the opposite team playing with Juggy none of my friends and none of my friends' firends' use that gay perk.But paired with the P90 Juggernaut truly lives up to its name.

RCA

Nali wrote:Watched the trailer in High Def and finally i think i have all the new guns.Some may be wrong so take with a grain of salt.

Rocket launcher = AT-4, whats dicey is that it had some sorta laser guidance, never heard of an AT-4 which locked on, nonetheless.

Machine gun with heartbeat sensor - M240. Confirmed.

Mean shotgun seen at 0.23 = AA-12 < This thing is gonna wreck online.

Gun seen at 0.30 = Bushmaster ACR. The Frankenstein of AssRifles, its alittle of everything

Other stuff.The game is most likely still using Xp ranking not skill ranking as was rumored, as an XP bar can be seen at the bottom of the screen. more clearly being filled at 1.16. although it might just be used for unlocking perks and rewards.

Perks or Rewards that affect enemies. If you look at 0.32 a small perk icon thats blue and looks kinda like the UAV jammer sign minus the cross appears....what you might have not noticed, is that you radar is funked up.Maybe its Radar Jammer.

Will keep analyzing to see if i find anything else.
You figured all this out by watching the trailer in HD...?

Also I don't think I will be buying MW2 on PS3 Nali so I need some Niconauts to roll with...

Nali

RCA wrote:You figured all this out by watching the trailer in HD...?

Also I don't think I will be buying MW2 on PS3 Nali so I need some Niconauts to roll with...
I love guns. That how i got the guns, i even picked out the TDi Vector from the original trailer even if it only shows for like a split second.Its kinda like how 240 owners can spot a 240, from 3 traffic lights away.

Then i just watched the trailer over and over looking at different parts of the screen each time till i spotted little details that would pop out.

And yes, be sure to get the 360 version, although i wont be playing Hardcore when the game first comes out. im gonna party in core games for a while, till i find my favorite gun, then ill hit Hardcore.

RCA

Well if it is based from the other games then you won't have a choice...

The only options for noobs are TDM and S&D...

Nali

Ahh, stupid me, i completely forgot, you have to unlock Hardcore mode....Haha, well it looks like you will find me in HC, cuz i know im leveling up first.

Challenge set.

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

Nali wrote:Watched the trailer in High Def and finally i think i have all the new guns.Some may be wrong so take with a grain of salt.

Definitely the sights used in game, but I have a feeling lock on was added for taking out air born targets. Since the RPG-7 doesn't lock on, the AT-4 may be an upgrade and having some form of lock on may be it's primary reason to use it over the RPG-7.

Return to “Gaming”