Official CoD Modern Warfare 2 thread.....with a NEW TRAILER!!!!!

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

I think my highest kill streak is only 17 or so, but I have lots of 7-10 kill streaks, so I consistently have solid games (2ish:1 or better KDR, which you may or may not consider solid) unless I hit a bunch of BS. Namely, chuckleheads spamming grenades/tubes/thumpers and clever campers. I usually can take campers by simply going around them, but if there's a group of them slaughtering my team, there's no real chance for me to get a jump on them and take them out.

Silenced ACR FTW.

LocAL_anarchy
Car: 08 Mustang GT
95 Nissan 240sx
96 Ford Explorer Sport

http://www.mapathy.com

Hopefully PS3 and PC follow soon after. I haven't even turned on my 360 in months.

RCA

^ That's halarious...

Also nametakennow anything over 1.5 is good. 2 or above and you are more then solid. 2.5 and up and you own.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

ScorchedNX2K wrote:Since when did auto-aim become a main-stay of an FPS?
Since the genre decided to trade in its mice for clumsy analog sticks.

RCA

Are you poking fun or are you serious?

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

RCA wrote:Are you poking fun or are you serious?
He's serious.

But also wrong. Analog sticks have nothing to do with Auto-Aim. Auto aim was invented so the 10 year olds of the world can feel good about killing crap and not have to do much to earn it (the same thing with all the garbage deathstreak perks in MW2). You can still be a hardcore/enthusiast gamer on a console (like me) and turn it off in games made for a higher level of gaming (such as Bad Company 2).

RCA

Right that is what I meant. The addition of auto-aim couldn't of come from console gaming.

BTW you can turn auto-aim feature on and off on the console versions as well as the PC versions of MW2...

marlin29311

RCA wrote:Right that is what I meant. The addition of auto-aim couldn't of come from console gaming.

BTW you can turn auto-aim feature on and off on the console versions as well as the PC versions of MW2...
Turning it off still leave a little "click" to your aiming system, as seen with the sniper rifles.

RCA

marlin29311 wrote:Turning it off still leave a little "click" to your aiming system, as seen with the sniper rifles.
I have no idea what you are talking about...

Unless when you say "click" you mean some thing in the lens of the scope (which isn't auto-aim) or hit markers when shooting some one (which isn't auto-aim either)

marlin29311

RCA wrote:
I have no idea what you are talking about...

Unless when you say "click" you mean some thing in the lens of the scope (which isn't auto-aim) or hit markers when shooting some one (which isn't auto-aim either)
I'll be aiming at someone, and then his teammate runs by and my lens automatically follows the dude running by because he's closer.

Chaotic_Warlord
Car: Black 5 speed Swapped 1995 240sx

I seriously haven't played this game in months, now if you all want to get a party together and work through the Hardcore Campaign on Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising then I think we can definitely work something out.

RCA

marlin29311 wrote:I'll be aiming at someone, and then his teammate runs by and my lens automatically follows the dude running by because he's closer.
Yea that only happens when you have auto-aim on. If it is turned off, what you described will not happen.

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

I've only rarely had an issue with auto aim distracting me. I keep meaning to turn it off since I tend to be looking in the right direction to begin with, but haven't bothered. In general I don't find it intrusive enough to care.

I'll admit that there's an explosion and you can only sort of see someone, it's cheaply helpful. I can't say that happens more than once every 50 games or so for me though.

I need to actually get to 70 and prestige... My roommates are going through a third time, I think, but I don't get to play very often.

zer0c123
Car: 1993 Nissan 240SX Hatch

nametakennow wrote:I've only rarely had an issue with auto aim distracting me. I keep meaning to turn it off since I tend to be looking in the right direction to begin with, but haven't bothered. In general I don't find it intrusive enough to care.

I'll admit that there's an explosion and you can only sort of see someone, it's cheaply helpful. I can't say that happens more than once every 50 games or so for me though.

I need to actually get to 70 and prestige... My roommates are going through a third time, I think, but I don't get to play very often.
You can't turn off aim assist for the console version when playing online.

RCA

zer0c123
Car: 1993 Nissan 240SX Hatch

I don't have speakers or head phones where I'm at right now, but watched it through anyway. I don't own a 360, so I'm confused why the setting change is done outside of the MW2 option menu. I have the ps3 version...

Chaotic_Warlord

First DLC comes to the 360 March 30th, new multiplayer maps plus some favorites from MW1.

http://www.facebook.com/modernwarfare?ref=mf

RCA

Chaotic_Warlord wrote:First DLC comes to the 360 March 30th, new multiplayer maps plus some favorites from MW1.

http://www.facebook.com/modernwarfare?ref=mf
pg 13
LocAL_anarchy wrote:http://www.mapathy.com

Hopefully PS3 and PC follow soon after. I haven't even turned on my 360 in months.

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

zer0c123 wrote:
I don't have speakers or head phones where I'm at right now, but watched it through anyway. I don't own a 360, so I'm confused why the setting change is done outside of the MW2 option menu. I have the ps3 version...
I highly doubt that actually does anything in MW2. Those 360 OS-side settings are ONLY there to automatically set default options in games that support them. If the game doesn't have an autoaim off option, it can't be affected by that OS-side setting. All those do is determine default settings for games used on that profile. It does not add settings or override game-side settings. You can have the profile setting set to "on" and still set the in-game setting to "off" (if there is one) and the game will go by the in-game setting. All the profile-side setting does is change the defaults when you start the game...if the game supports that feature. It's just a convenience feature so you don't have to go in and manually reconfigure every game if you prefer a certain set of options.There's a profile option to default to manual trans in racing games, too. If your racing game doesn't have manual transmissions, it certainly can't force that option on the game. And it can't force autoaim on or off if there's not an option for that, either.

Chaotic_Warlord

RCA I realized that I reposted info about 10 minutes later when I saw the mapathy.com linkon fourtwozero.com

RCA

Map Pack rumorage...

http://modernwarfare247.com/ne...usive

Lots of screen shots of DLC maps with MW2 weapons...

Chaotic_Warlord

Booo, While complex looks like it would a decent map, I'd reallllly like to see a DC map and a map featuring the Price's prison in it. I'd really like to see a couple of urban maps, Karachi and Favela are good and all, as is Embassy, but I'd really like to see something that requires you to do more in depth room to room clearance.

bmike818
Car: 2007 Z

free live access I can use my dummy account on MW2..... start as level 1 again in multiplayer

240marcuSX
Car: E34 525i
E46 M3

Anybody feel like playing?

Gamertag is mrenshaw. Im on spring break, so guilt free MW2 FTW.

RCA

240marcuSX wrote:Anybody feel like playing?

Gamertag is mrenshaw. Im on spring break, so guilt free MW2 FTW.
Can't play now but I to am on Spring break next week so I will definitely hit you up.

New map names released and some old friends will be there...
MW247 wrote:"Bailout", a multi-level apartment complex;"Storm", an open industrial park littered with heavy machinery;"Salvage", a snowy junkyard fortified by stacked debris and crushed cars;"Crash", a war-torn urban environment;"Overgrown", which features a massive dry creek bed.
http://modernwarfare247.com/ne...ealed

Loki
Car: 1994 Nissan 240SX Convertible
2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2001 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning

Never really cared for Crash, but it was decent. Usually liked Overgrown. I'm pretty excited for the new map pack Double XP should put me close to my 1st prestige as well.

RCA

Well the price has come out...

And to be honest, I will not be buying the map pack unless it's lowered. $10 would be nice but until then, I will have to take meds for my Mapathy

http://www.multiplayergames.co...ck-15/
Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Map Pack $15 wrote:Ridiculous. Back when the first string of maps for mutliplayer games first kicked off on Xbox Live, people screamed that $10 was too much. Those who followed the Ghost Recon saga remember that mess well as UbiSoft began the trend of pricing that has come standard.

Now, Activision has taken it a step up. Realizing they have a massive player base, why not jack it up another $5 to push it ever so slightly? The Stimulus Map Pack for Modern Warfare 2, with only three new maps and two remakes, will cost 1200 MS Points.

This is undoubtedly the first step by Activision to see how far they can push a Call of Duty player. With rumors swirling about a subscription model to play on a month-by-month basis, purchasing this only proves that fans need their fix.

Live gamers complained about the $15 price point for Live Arcade games, but lo and behold, they are becoming standard. We complain about supposed downloads being already on the disc, yet we buy them anyway.

It is hard to figure out what else needs to be said, or how else to even say it anymore. The only way around this is to not buy the content. Doing so, you are supporting this slow rising price increase that will, in the future, affect your gaming experience adversely regardless of who you are or what you play. It has become an upward slope, and yet here we sit, fully supporting it.

Let the masses pick up the maps. That’s fine. There is nothing that can be done. By the hardcore audience revolting, change, however slim, can be made.

Don’t say, “It’s only this once,” because it won’t be. Don’t say, “You’re overreacting,” because the slope has already been proven. Don’t say, “It’s a good deal for five maps,” because it’s not.

You have already supported Activision by purchasing the game. That’s $60, and the game was a record seller. They are not hurting. This is a test, and if you buy these maps at this new price point, you have officially failed.
EDIT:Not only that but it is scheduled to come out for PS3 and PC 30 days after it does for Xbox

Modified by RCA at 1:21 AM 3/16/2010

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

FIFTEEN DOLLARS?! $15? Fifteen bucks?! How the f*** does Activision justify that? Three effing maps cost FIFTEEN SMEGGING BUCKS?! This is an april fool's joke, right? RIGHT?! Just a really early one?

Chaotic_Warlord

I can think of some other things that deserve my 1200 MS points, for 1200 points I can get 2 XBLA games, 2 DLC for other games, lots of avatar goodies etc... I do know that I will more than likely wait for the price to drop, which won't be an issue since I don't really play MW2 that much. Why not just make it 800 MS point like every map pack before has been. If they really want to charge us 1200 MS points they need to follow IW's example and release 3 map packs as a bundle.

Loki
Car: 1994 Nissan 240SX Convertible
2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2001 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning

Good lord...I want that map pack pretty bad, but not 15 bucks bad...

Return to “Gaming”