Official CoD Modern Warfare 2 thread.....with a NEW TRAILER!!!!!

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

Chaotic_Warlord wrote:MW2 is old news, BF:BC2 is the new black. Just wish you could go prone and not just crouch, but the vehicles make up for it. Oh and the Helicopters do mad damage but are stupid hard to fly.
Flying the chopper in 1st person is much easier and you can do ton's more damage this way.

And yea, I wish you could go prone, but hey, i'll take it anyway...

Ghostdrifter88
Car: 2017 Taco

Chaotic_Warlord wrote:MW2 is old news, BF:BC2 is the new black. Just wish you could go prone and not just crouch, but the vehicles make up for it. Oh and the Helicopters do mad damage but are stupid hard to fly.
that game is garbage compared to mw2. BF was good but it has nothing on COD. And BF: BC2 is almost the exact same as BF. MW2>BF

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

Ghostdrifter88 wrote:that game is garbage compared to mw2. BF was good but it has nothing on COD. And BF: BC2 is almost the exact same as BF. MW2>BF
I feel like I'm on the Steam forums now...

Anyways, you can't compare BF to MW. They're two totally different approaches to the genre. I myself prefer Battlefield over CoD, but I enjoy the play style of the BF series. CoD is too run and gun and solo friendly for my taste. I enjoy the satisfaction of being in a group to succeed.

CoD has its merits, but to say that the BF series is garbage in comparison is a bit of an overstatement. I could counter with my reasons why my fallback FPS for the past 4 years has been BF:2142 and not CoD4, but it would just feed fuel to an already mentally stunted fire.

Have you played any of BC2? I'm playing the beta right now, and I have to say I'm enjoying it a lot more than I did CoD4 or MW2. If you haven't played it and are assuming it's similar enough to the original BC to warrant using that as your comparison, I really suggest you actually try the game before you demonize it unfairly. BC2 is very different from the original. The use of frostbite is about the only similarity I see. This game has more in common with BF:2142 due to the class structure and balance. The game play is truly remarkable and pretty tight even at this point of the development process.

BC2 actually feels like an evolution of their style of the series, but MW2 was more or less a rehash of a previous title. It's no offense to the game seeing as how MW1 was so successful. However, I'm glade that DICE is trying out new things to advance the team oriented, objective based gameplay. Rush was fun in BC1, it's completely addictive in BC2. They fixed quite a few things I disliked about the way BC1 was designed (squad system, class balances, terrain destruction).

There are still kinks to work out. The server browser is causing issues, and there has been some server latency issues (I was on a server I was pinging at 64 earlier today and I was lagging harder than I do when I play on an EU or Russian server), but all in all DICE has put it together pretty well.

Ghostdrifter88

the whole strong solo thing is the reason i like MW. I hate it when i play a game and you get matched up with someone who has no clue what to do. and eventually you lose because of it. In MW, in order to level up, you have to do good. When i played Halo, all i really played was Lone Wolf or Rumble Pit for you Halo 2 fans.All in all, id rather pop MW2 into my xbox or BFmy .02

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

Ghostdrifter88 wrote:the whole strong solo thing is the reason i like MW. I hate it when i play a game and you get matched up with someone who has no clue what to do. and eventually you lose because of it. In MW, in order to level up, you have to do good. When i played Halo, all i really played was Lone Wolf or Rumble Pit for you Halo 2 fans.All in all, id rather pop MW2 into my xbox or BFmy .02
I can go round and about on this issue. BF has rewarded teamwork over solo play, however the game does reward good solo play as well. I can easily take top spot on my team if I play either assault or support. I'm usually resupplying and rezzing/healing teammates and I'm still pushing the objective. I don't need someone to help me cap a point, it just helps. There have been many times in rush that I was the ONLY person pushing an M-COM, planted, pulled back and protected it till it blew.

I enjoyed MW1 for what it was and attained around a level 50 rank before I got bored with it. Since stats are stored locally, when I went back to it over the summer for a few weeks I had to start over as I had rebuilt my computer and had lost my previous soldier information. I only played HC Sab. I can't stand the other game modes, and even on sab, nobody plays for the objective. It may as well be a TDM with no upper kill cap. However, the successful teams that are good at Sab have to operate as a unit. It's next to impossible to lone wolf Sab or HQ (especially on HC mode).

And this will sound harsh, but you came from Halo. I have played Halo, and I can't stand it. It was an ugly game with sluggish controls that caught on with a pretty massive demographic. It has, unfortunately, let the entire industry dumb their games down. Look at the Rainbow Six games. They were very technical, high skill games up until Vegas. RS:V is a fun game, but it feels more like Counterstrike than a Rainbow Six game.

The Halo demographic is exactly what IW/Activision was shooting for. Hence their focus on pushing the 360 as the platform of choice for the game. And it worked. The game made a billion dollars. And I have a lot of respect for a franchise that can pull off those kinds of numbers, but they had to make a lot of sacrifices to get there. They snubbed a community that had supported them for years, and they took a good formula for a game and didn't do much with it. They really could have just made new maps for MW1 and gone on with life. I will give you the Spec Ops modes are a nice fresh approach, but the rest of the game felt like I was playing MW1 from scratch again.

In the end, I am, and always will be a Battlefield supporter. And you can continue to like MW2, but don't call my game garbage just because you might have some prejudice. I despise IW and Activision right now, but I still give MW2 congratulatory nods for the achievements it has earned.

Ghostdrifter88

whoa whoa whoa, your taking it all the wrong way. i call it garbage because i played it, and didnt enjoy it. its not some personal attack on you. Its not like you designed the game and i called it garbage. i just flat out didnt like it. now you continue to pwn noobs on BF and ill do the same in MW2

bmike818
Car: 2007 Z

I like Halo 3, I don't care what people say about it. It was a simple fun shooter.

since this is a COD MW2 thread...back to COD

...I am on my second prestige, just started using the RPD, I can't believe I haven't used this gun before. I can't wait for new the friggin maps. I will be diving in more to objective based modes since all I have been doing is MTDM and HTDM.

Loki
Car: 1994 Nissan 240SX Convertible
2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2001 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning

I'm still on the fence about prestiging but I guess I might end up doing it. I'm only some 30 headshots away from Fall camo on the M4 and I got my class down to exactly how I like it. I play Ground War religiously with M4A1 w/ Red Dot, Scavanger, Hardline and Commando. 42" screen works wonders, and I know I make some players very, very angry with some very long shots.

Question for everyone....

Semtex, C4 or Claymore?

Chaotic_Warlord
Car: Black 5 speed Swapped 1995 240sx

C4 takes skill to use effectively. You have to use it as an ambush tool, especially if you are using it with any of the TDM or FFA games. Claymores have a tendency to piss people off, especially if you set up a perimeter with them and the other team can't walk without getting blown up by them. As far as Semtex goes can't say I'm a fan, great for sticking people, but the odds of doing that aren't that great unless you can sneak and get them. I'll stick to old skool frags at least I can chuck them across the board and random frag some dude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXbQjyL2HZU

Even funnier if you know whwo Cole Hammels is?

RCA

Forum Name / Gamer Tag / Name

RCA / cabrita309 / RichNali / Black Stride / Nalisnwbrdr435 / BeatToasted / MacroChaotic_Warlord / CHA0TICWARLORD / Brandonmarlin29311 / Redfox29311 / Loubmike818 / mykill818 / MichaelRobPaulson / robpaulson715 / Gerrystopatnothing / AnkleSpankinCod / MatthewGhostdrifter88 / Ghostdrifter88 / HenryPyRoniak / xHTFx Flippy / ChrisLoki / Loki 240SX (with a space) / Chris
Loki wrote:Semtex, C4 or Claymore?
Claymore - Awesome tool if you like to leave yourself venerable to attacks from behind (sniping or stationary shooting) BUT in certain lobbies Claymores could really piss you off because many people use the anti-claymore class (Scrambler Pro and Marathon) and it will really mess with your ability to concentrate and be patient. I myself am a huge fan of claymores and use them in almost all my classes but in MW2 those who don't use OMA might find that only having one Claymore might be useless.

C4 - Difficult to use. Ambush only tool. If you are playing an objective type modes (Demo., S&D, CtF etc...) it can be useful but in FFA or TDM it is novelty.

Frag - Only explosive you can throw that will bounce off walls and it is great tool for throwing for distance. But it is like a "Noob Tube", when shooting a Tube at a far distance, accuracy and damage are weakened and this applies also with frags. So unless you have pin point accuracy and great understanding of maps, using a frag isn't your best option. Not only that but if you want to throw one at medium range you NEED to cook them because of the long fuse time. This need for cooking leaves you venerable and many times I die because of it. And finally frags roll in MW2. I have found myself getting so upset with perfect frag location only to watch it roll away and harmlessly blow up. The only way to solve this is to cook it longer and with the extra time it takes to cook, you could probably turn the corner and take aim. The frag is good for one thing; randomly throwing long range explosives hoping people will be there.

Semtex - Best option to use in most cases. If you have only one class to customize, the Semtex is the most versatile. The only thing that changes is the height at which you throw them at. If you want the farthest distance then you need to jump while throwing it at a 50 degree angle. If you want a medium distance then aim higher and it will land with little time for people to react.

So all in all...It doesn't roll, it doesn't take time to throw and it can be used as a strategic tool instead of a launch as soon as you spawn and wait to get lucky explosive.

Any tool on my belt that when throwing I might second guess my decision to do so because I might want to use it later is obviously more valuable then any device I don't care about throwing.

Chaotic_Warlord

Of all the equipment the ones I rarely if ever use are Blast Shield, Throwing Knife, and Tactical Insertion. Blast shield is only effective if you are using the riot shield, it won't stop any airstike, claymores, or a dead on hit with any explosive. Plus it narrows your FOV so it makes you vulnerable on your peripherals, and you pretty much need to keep it on all the time for it to be even slightly useful, add that to it taking up your grenade slot and you have a lose/lose item.

Throwing knife, only useful if you are quick on the trigger and have excellent marksmenship, plus it's your grenade so you wind up forgetting that and chuck it only to wind up dying because of it. Though cross map knife throws are an awesome thing, especially the chatter in the room after it happens.

Tactical Insertions, I hate them, while they are good if you have a security force to protect you and your TI (like if you are all holding a building or a small area) or you are out in the middle of nowhere. They take forever to use (though the flare animation is pretty cool) and if anyone finds your location they can sit there are kill you for the whole match as you spawn (I've seen it done before). Though if you aren't a sniper and you are using it as a harassing tool if you place it well enough it can make it a very tough endeavor to get to it to destroy it. IT also shows up to anyone with Sitrep which makes having a stealth class pointless as most people who use them are snipers who don't want to have to cross the map to get back to their hides.

Loki
2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser

I love random 'nades! I remember once on Favela I was on the rooftop near the playground (the one with stairs leading up to it) and called in a UAV. I saw a blip in the corner of the map ahead of me, off camping in the tall grass. I figure what the hell, and toss a semtex off that way. Boom, +100. Loved it!

RCA

Some sick performances...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89kwdwmCxB8

IDK how #8 or #7 is even possible...

EDIT:Some crazy MW2 news...Hidden guns and (more) hidden game types found on the MW2 disk...
Bon3zz1001 on Xbox forums wrote:I also found the weapons folder and found the G3, G36, R700, M40, M240, SA80, AW50, a power drill, MP5, MP9, and the MP44...

Sounds of new hidden game typeshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_5IztYWnFo
I want to be the first person with 1000 headshots useing a powerdrill
Modified by RCA at 3:07 PM 2/9/2010

bmike818

I just played one of my best games! (28-7) needed to take a break. LOL...LMG+FMJ+Stopping Power+steady aim in Hardcore...I just spray.

TurboSauce
Car: 2006 G35 coupe, 2018 Mazda CX-9

I just got scammed

Chaotic_Warlord

TurboSauce wrote:I just got scammed
Care to explain that post?

RCA

Hey PS3ers I just picked up MW2 on PS3. Start sending invites men!

Chaotic_Warlord

Does anyone really play this anymore, that is anyone who isn't a haxor, cheater, or glitcher?

RCA

I haven't seen any glitching since the patch. All is well in the world of MW2 but the damage is done...

bmike818

I still play, just no marathon sessions like before. I haven't seen any problems. I do get the occasional spammer for prestige mod in those cases I send them a cheating feedback. I really don't care what level of prestige, as long as the rank is too high. Higher ranks as we all know unlocks more perks and weapons.

TurboSauce
Car: 2006 G35 coupe, 2018 Mazda CX-9

10th prestige.....

Chaotic_Warlord

I'd probably be well on my way through my second or third prestige by now but I refuse to pull the trigger and start all over again.

RCA

I am now rocking on the PS3, so far I have played with JD and boy did heads come off. Any way finally nice to shoot around with the old crew...

On another note...HOLYSH*T

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOEEqz05V9U

Loki
2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Holy mother of god....haha those last couple are just nuts.

Chaotic_Warlord

Random grenade killing the whole OPFOR team was classic

jdshift
Car: 2019 Nissan Altima/ 2015 Nissan Altima 3.5/ 2014 infiniti qx70s 5.0

I cannot freaking get a nuke!! I have been close a number of times falling short at 24.......I might have to resort to camping which I cannot stand but me running and gunning just ain't getting it done. NUKE!!! I want you!!!

RCA

Yea man I know how you feel...

I have tried to get a nuke for a 2 week period but I never managed to get so, I gave up. Now I am against getting a nuke. It just reinforces bad online habits and a lot of the camping in multiplayer is because of the nuke. So F' um

snwbrdr435
Car: 85 VW Westfalia, CBR F4i, SV650s, 1988 Honda Hawk(race)

I got put in a match last week that was f***ed. People literally zoomed everywhere and you had infinite grenades

zer0c123
Car: 1993 Nissan 240SX Hatch

You don't really need to camp to get the nuke. If you are trying to get the nuke purely by assault then yea camping might be needed. Just use the kill streaks to get it.

I have the ps3 version and going through my first prestige. Yesterday night I finally got my first nuke in a ground war game. In the past I've been having trouble getting a 25 streak, because I either die, or the enemy shoots down my harrier or chopper gunner. I've noticed once you get high level, most kill steaks don't last too long; however, I still get the occasional idiot teammates that don't shoot them down with a launcher type weapon. To combat this problem I tried for about 2 weeks with the chopper gunner/ac130, emp, and nuke combo. EMP is pretty useful if your facing a competent enemy that shoots kill streaks immediately.

Last night was pretty bad for the opposing team. I called in my harrier and it got the +4 kills I needed for chopper gunner. After that it killed a few more until someone used a stinger or something. I called in my chopper gunner and pretty much thought it was gonna go down before I get the nuke. I was wrong and I was able to use for the entire elapsed time and got the nuke.

Although it was very early in the game, I decided to use the nuke. The opposing team had to be idiots to let me use the chopper gunner for its entire duration.

s0m3th1ngAZ
Car: 96' Miata
2014 Focus ST

Hijacker wrote:
And this will sound harsh, but you came from Halo. I have played Halo, and I can't stand it. It was an ugly game with sluggish controls that caught on with a pretty massive demographic. It has, unfortunately, let the entire industry dumb their games down. Look at the Rainbow Six games. They were very technical, high skill games up until Vegas. RS:V is a fun game, but it feels more like Counterstrike than a Rainbow Six game.

The Halo demographic is exactly what IW/Activision was shooting for. Hence their focus on pushing the 360 as the platform of choice for the game. And it worked. The game made a billion dollars. And I have a lot of respect for a franchise that can pull off those kinds of numbers, but they had to make a lot of sacrifices to get there. They snubbed a community that had supported them for years, and they took a good formula for a game and didn't do much with it. They really could have just made new maps for MW1 and gone on with life. I will give you the Spec Ops modes are a nice fresh approach, but the rest of the game felt like I was playing MW1 from scratch again.
OMG you have put to words my exact feeling's towards the current FPS genre. I remember rainbow six used to be HARD AS f*** and EXTREMELY technical with realistic load-outs, commands, and planning. I loved the feeling of storming that first building and rescuing all the hostages without losing any of my guys or hostages. Ghost recon was a kick too (Also hard as balls). It was probably the last real Tom Clancy game I can think of. I HATE halo....can't f***ing stand it. Since when did auto-aim become a main-stay of an FPS?I do like joining in on CoD4 every once in a while to pop some heads with my silenced Skorpion.

Return to “Gaming”