Official CoD Modern Warfare 2 thread.....with a NEW TRAILER!!!!!

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
ThatGuyRoger
Car: 08 Super Black Altima Coupe 2.5S

thats wack!

btw i got my ps3 back from service and i'm back on mw2

bmike818
Car: 2007 Z

Chaotic_Warlord wrote:
Suck it bishes, 360 gets MW2 DLC first...

We need new maps!...I am kinda tired of the ones we already have

Loki
Car: 1994 Nissan 240SX Convertible
2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2001 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning

Forum Name / XBL GT / Name

RCA / cabrita309 / RichNali / Black Stride / Nalisnwbrdr435 / BeatToasted / MacroChaotic_Warlord / CHA0TICWARLORD / Brandonmarlin29311 / Redfox29311 / Loubmike818 / mykill818 / MichaelRobPaulson / robpaulson715 / Gerrystopatnothing / AnkleSpankinCod / MatthewGhostdrifter88 / Ghostdrifter88 / HenryPyRoniak / ?????? / ChrisLoki / Loki 240SX (with a space) / Chris

Adding myself to the list I'm finally getting pretty decent. I should be on all day Monday, and every now and then after that. If you see me online, send an invite!

hitbychance
Car: 2008 350z
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 5.7L hemi

Loki wrote:Forum Name / XBL GT / Name

RCA / cabrita309 / RichNali / Black Stride / Nalisnwbrdr435 / BeatToasted / MacroChaotic_Warlord / CHA0TICWARLORD / Brandonmarlin29311 / Redfox29311 / Loubmike818 / mykill818 / MichaelRobPaulson / robpaulson715 / Gerrystopatnothing / AnkleSpankinCod / MatthewGhostdrifter88 / Ghostdrifter88 / HenryPyRoniak / ?????? / ChrisLoki / Loki 240SX (with a space) / Chris

Adding myself to the list I'm finally getting pretty decent. I should be on all day Monday, and every now and then after that. If you see me online, send an invite!
UPDATED with me lolForum Name / XBL GT / Name

RCA / cabrita309 / RichNali / Black Stride / Nalisnwbrdr435 / BeatToasted / MacroChaotic_Warlord / CHA0TICWARLORD / Brandonmarlin29311 / Redfox29311 / Loubmike818 / mykill818 / MichaelRobPaulson / robpaulson715 / Gerrystopatnothing / AnkleSpankinCod / MatthewGhostdrifter88 / Ghostdrifter88 / HenryPyRoniak / ?????? / ChrisLoki / Loki 240SX (with a space) / ChrisDTSN280zx / Hitbychance / Kevin

Chaotic_Warlord
Car: Black 5 speed Swapped 1995 240sx

Forum Name[/color] / XBL GT / Name

RCA / cabrita309 / RichNali / Black Stride / Nalisnwbrdr435 / BeatToasted / MacroChaotic_Warlord / CHA0TICWARLORD / Brandonmarlin29311 / Redfox29311 / Loubmike818 / mykill818 / MichaelRobPaulson / robpaulson715 / Gerrystopatnothing / AnkleSpankinCod / MatthewGhostdrifter88 / Ghostdrifter88 / HenryPyRoniak / xHTFx Flippy / ChrisLoki / Loki 240SX (with a space) / Chris

Fixed: Added PyRoniaK's gamertag...

I'll be on in a little bit. If you send me a party invite or invite me to a game and I don't respond, please don't take offense to it. It's not that I don't want to play with a good group, I'm just on for a short period of time or am about to log off and don't have the time to get into some good gaming.

RCAnismo
Car: '06 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast, '05 CBR 1000RR Repsol, '03 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Chaotic_Warlord wrote:Forum Name[/color] / XBL GT / Name

RCA / cabrita309 / RichNali / Black Stride / Nalisnwbrdr435 / BeatToasted / MacroChaotic_Warlord / CHA0TICWARLORD / Brandonmarlin29311 / Redfox29311 / Loubmike818 / mykill818 / MichaelRobPaulson / robpaulson715 / Gerrystopatnothing / AnkleSpankinCod / MatthewGhostdrifter88 / Ghostdrifter88 / HenryPyRoniak / xHTFx Flippy / ChrisLoki / Loki 240SX (with a space) / Chris

Fixed: Added PyRoniaK's gamertag...

I'll be on in a little bit. If you send me a party invite or invite me to a game and I don't respond, please don't take offense to it. It's not that I don't want to play with a good group, I'm just on for a short period of time or am about to log off and don't have the time to get into some good gaming.

Is there a list like this for the PS3 guys?

Here is mine. I'm ready for some new maps too.

"honda1lex"

See ya online

ThatGuyRoger
Car: 08 Super Black Altima Coupe 2.5S

yeah theres a list floating around here somewhere

bmike818

RCA

So that is how these guys get Lv 70 with only a few minutes of playing time

Chaotic_Warlord

Apparently IW has yet another patch on the way to fix yet more of these hacks. I know that one of these being they will make your speed when carrying a care package, sentry gun marker normalized. Which means that if you have Marathon, Lightweight , Commando and get a care package or sentry gun grenade you won't be able to run at twice the speed as anyone else. There are some other glitches but I don't remember what they are at the moment.

sil80_chris
Car: 1991 Nissan 240sx

You pretty got most of them covered. The other one was that they are patching the 1887s again because apparently when they have FMJ and akimbo with bling pro they are the same way they were before the previous patch.

Chaotic_Warlord

I believe they are also doing something about the sentry guns gettingstuck in the geometry. Apparently there is also a problem with people getting caught in the geometry, either with the help of other players or on your own, kinda like the rock glitch on Afghan. They are also going to work on the collision system, like all of that is more important than fixing the negative and super boosting issues that have recently popped up. Though it would be cool to get matched into a server that is playing Thermonuclear war.

RCA

I got an invite for that...What is "Thermonuclear war"?

Chaotic_Warlord

RCA wrote:I got an invite for that...What is "Thermonuclear war"?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...lated

otterman

God damn modders! WTF they're not supposed to do that kind of stuff!! lol jk

Looks like fun.

Maybe IW will steal this idea too and add to an upcoming patch. That would be cool.

RCA

otterman wrote:God damn modders! WTF they're not supposed to do that kind of stuff!! lol jk

Looks like fun.

Maybe IW will steal this idea too and add to an upcoming patch. That would be cool.
Well actually IW created these modes. These modes were originally on the disk and it was rumored that they were going to be released during DLC. That plus if it was Modded then they went out of there way to get the Russian dude to say "Global Thermonuclear War" at the beginning of the match

http://modernwarfare247.com/ne...types
Modified by RCA at 5:28 PM 1/22/2010

otterman

RCA wrote:IW created them but never finished so IW steaing the idea wouldn't be a valid statement. That plus you think that the modders went as far out of there way to get te Russian dude to say "Global Thermonuclear War" at the begining of the match?

http://modernwarfare247.com/ne...types
you seem pretty defensive about this game

I couldn't hear the sound very good because I'm at work so I figured it was a mod. I wasn't talking trash by saying they stole the idea, devs steal ideas from mods all the time. The new kill streaks and all that are stolen from CoD4 mods, it's nothing bad man. It's a good thing, it means they pay attention to the gaming community.

RCA

otterman wrote:
you seem pretty defensive about this game

I couldn't hear the sound very good because I'm at work so I figured it was a mod. I wasn't talking trash by saying they stole the idea, devs steal ideas from mods all the time. The new kill streaks and all that are stolen from CoD4 mods, it's nothing bad man. It's a good thing, it means they pay attention to the gaming community.
I apologize if I came off that way, my lack of emoticons that signify smiles and laughter weren't present. Now that I read my post it seems dry and angry. It wasn't meant to be. I read the article a while back and remembered that where I can find it. Again my apologies.

I will edit the original post (NONE OF THIS IS SARCASM)

otterman

RCA wrote:I apologize if I came off that way, my lack of emoticons that signify smiles and laughter weren't present. Now that I read my post it seems dry and angry. It wasn't meant to be. I read the article a while back and remembered that where I can find it. Again my apologies.

I will edit the original post (NONE OF THIS IS SARCASM)
YOU CAN GO TO HELL!!!

(dem be jokes)

otterman

Does anyone know if there's unofficial mod/mapping tools for this game yet?

IW has hinted at releasing a SDK sometime in the future but I dont want to wait.

otterman

http://www.video-game-forums.c....html

Quote »Tom Ayzenberg (wax.) An exploit discovered in Modern Warfare 2 for Xbox 360 is allowing people to reset their opponents' ranks back to 1 and award negative experience.

January 18, 2010 3:45 PM ET in News, exploit, Modern Warfare 2

According to the user “Noctis Everto” on the Infinity Ward Forums, A new exploit in Modern Warfare 2 (on Xbox 360) is allowing griefers to reset their opponents’ ranks back to 1 by awarding them a large amount of negative XP at the end of the round.

ME and my clan (SC) went into a game of HxC SnD, we found a group of tenth prestiges, we thought they were merely boosters, we were very wrong.We knew something was wrong when they just waltzed out of their spawn in Highrise and let us kill them.After we won that round, they said “AWW look at the level 1’s” and we noticed…Killing them made us LOSE xp…. we won the match cause they ended it.Match Results: -899999453xp….What the heck…..I was 2nd prestige rank 50, now im 2nd rank 1. everyone else in my group is reset as well.to add to the weirdness:all of my guns, camos, challenges,attachments, killstreaks, all still set as I had them in my Custom slots.BUT when i went to customize, they were all locked as if I didnt have them.So we decided to go play a match, I can rank up and everything, its as if I never got to 2nd. Rank 50.People Say pics or it didnt happen. heres 2 videos of the other clan members (Includingmyself) showing our loss:SC ShadowTSI: http://www.youtube.com/user/SHADOWTSISC KINGCOBRA: http://www.youtube.com/user/kudude2This Needs to be addressed, or else almot everyone will eventually have their stats reset.

The good news is that prestige ranks, titles, emblems, killstreak rewards and already configured custom classes remain untouched. The bad news is that all previously unlocked weapons and perks are not available to when editing or creating a new custom class.

No official statement from Infinity Ward has been made. Unfortunately, both PC and Console versions of Modern Warfare 2 have been plagued with exploits.[/quote]three posts in a row daayyum

Chaotic_Warlord

I'm kinda done with MW2 for right now. I'm redoing the story mode on veteran for the achievements, and occasionally do a coop mission here and there. But the MP is kinda boring now that I'm a level 70. I ought to Prestige but really don't see the point. I really don't want to lose my custom load outs and I've gotten almost all the weapons pretty much mastered, just need to get the extended clips and I'll have gotten Mastery, but unless you have stopping power turned on the FMJ just doesn't do what it's promised with the penetration kills.

bmike818

I get my FMJ kills in Hard core. That is where I also got my one shot kills with the sniper.

I just started messing with the RPG....LOL RPG plus Danger Close = easy kills....I also use scavenger so I never run out of Ammo.

Chaotic_Warlord

I am a firm believer in the Bling, Cold Blooded, Ninja (or Sit Rep) loadout. I'm also a HUUUUGE fan of the M93 Beretta, I have pretty much maxed out everything you can max out on it, it's a shame you don't get special titles for Mastery on secondary weapons. The M21EBR is by and far the best sniper rifle in the game, especially in HC matches. In core matches no sniper rifle is any good.

TurboSauce
Car: 2006 G35 coupe, 2018 Mazda CX-9

i'm lvl 63.... and i play often. no time to post so i'll fix it up later gt in sig. laterrrrr

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

Chaotic_Warlord wrote:I'm kinda done with MW2 for right now. I'm redoing the story mode on veteran for the achievements, and occasionally do a coop mission here and there. But the MP is kinda boring now that I'm a level 70. I ought to Prestige but really don't see the point. I really don't want to lose my custom load outs and I've gotten almost all the weapons pretty much mastered, just need to get the extended clips and I'll have gotten Mastery, but unless you have stopping power turned on the FMJ just doesn't do what it's promised with the penetration kills.
I'm pretty much done with it for a while too. I can't stand all the 12 kids, the camping, the glitching, the garbage...etc. I don't like it anymore...MW2 is becoming what MW was starting to get to towards the end of it's life.

I can't wait for Bad Company 2

Chaotic_Warlord

marlin29311 wrote:I can't wait for Bad Company 2

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

Chaotic_Warlord wrote:
OMG Bad Company 2 Demo on XBL NOW!

RCA

Chaotic_Warlord wrote:it's a shame you don't get special titles for Mastery on secondary weapons. The M21EBR is by and far the best sniper rifle in the game, especially in HC matches. In core matches no sniper rifle is any good.
You can get emblems!

Also as long as your using SP, any sniper rifle in core is good, except the M21. Of course there are those who use modded controllers or those who can shoot as if they had a modded controller but other then that the M21 is garbage.

I have 3 classes dedicated to the Intervention...All have SoH, SP and Ninja but one has FMJ the other has ACOG and the other has a thermal. I've been working on my quick scope

Chaotic_Warlord

MW2 is old news, BF:BC2 is the new black. Just wish you could go prone and not just crouch, but the vehicles make up for it. Oh and the Helicopters do mad damage but are stupid hard to fly.

Return to “Gaming”