Official CoD Modern Warfare 2 thread.....with a NEW TRAILER!!!!!

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
RCA

RANT: I want to play S&D or 3rd P CM, not some fu*king private match with 17 others. WTF is going on ?

Why are the hacks I saw on PC coming to XBL and PSN? I get it, you hold shoot button and your ammo comes out as fast as it can and it is unlimited. But gosh forbid if you get an AC130

Nali
Car: Datsun Nissan 280ZX

RCA wrote:RANT: I want to play S&D or 3rd P CM, not some fu*king private match with 17 others. WTF is going on ?

Why are the hacks I saw on PC coming to XBL and PSN? I get it, you hold shoot button and your ammo comes out as fast as it can and it is unlimited. But gosh forbid if you get an AC130
Dedicated server hack has effectively rendered the game useless to me.

Im not going to play till IW fixes it.Yesterday i got nothing but Dservers.Either infinite ammo, endless domination or Hardcore team Free For All

They were funny at first but now its just annoying.

My K/D has been bombed to death.Ill be waiting for the IW patch, atleast now i can focus on Forza 3.

bmike818
Car: 2007 Z

...I hope they fix this before my Xbox gets fixed

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

RCA wrote:RANT: I want to play S&D or 3rd P CM, not some fu*king private match with 17 others. WTF is going on ?

it was cool for the first game I played...running around with my unlimited auto M203....nades everywhere!

Then it was gay. It's boring and stupid...just a spamming back and forth of nade launchers and dudes just blowing crap up. And the Hardcore Team FFA on rust is just WTF worthy...

And I saw an AC130 spam...holy hell it was apocalypse for the other team...just a steady stream of missles flying down to the ground

otterman

Anyone else think it's funny that IW f***ed PC around with MW:2 because they're "trying to prevent cheating" but the game seems to be crippled by cheating on both console and PC?

Take that IW!

240marcuSX
Car: E34 525i
E46 M3

I'll never understand the pc gamer f*****s that do this kind of s***. Its f***ing lame, and ruins the game for 90% of the players.

I hope IW fixes this soon, its so goddamn annoying.

otterman

Here's why I think cheating is so bad in MW2:

IW needs to realize you can't stop cheating. They should have had just a cheater stop like VAC or PunkBuster and not restricted the game so much.

All VAC does is encourage people not to cheat, which is enough to stop most. But there's always going to be people who feel like they need an upper hand or just want to be jerks.

PC never had much of a cheater problem, not like most console people seem to think, because we could just ban them. I believe this is the reason that cheating was kept under control on PC. The communities built by dedicated servers kept cheaters out.

Now we have to rely completely on a program to catch them... which NEVER works. The anti-cheat programs only catch people using out dated cheats or built in cheats.

There's also people who think cheating is fun... which is ok. Every other game you can go to a server that doesn't have anti-cheats. Now these people have no place to go so they have to come ruin our legit games. Hell, no one can even edit their servers so they can play the way they want, so they have to modify their game, which SUCKS. (Note for anyone not familiar with dedicated servers: If the server is edited or doesn't have VAC, it tells you in the title. So you can't accidentally join unless you're an idiot.)

Now let's be honest... PC has more 'hardcore' gamers then console. This is because consoles are more accessible, it has nothing to do with the actual people playing them or their skill (so don't get all pissed.) Now that IW has forced cheating and hacks into the limelight, some douche kid who wants to play MW2 sees all these unstoppable cheats on PC and wants them on console so he can be God... so now there's a huge community bringing these cheats to console.

I think IW anti-cheat measures have made cheating worse. Gamers are better at stopping cheats then the devs. This whole "play the game the way we wanted it to be played" is bulls***. We paid the money, it's ours now (just like our cars, houses and computers.) The more you try to control a certain group, the worse it gets for everyone.

Jesus Christ this post was long. Cliff notes: The anti-cheat measures are hurting the legit players more then its hurting the cheaters.

Modified by otterman at 11:36 AM 12/16/2009
Modified by otterman at 11:38 AM 12/16/2009

Chaotic_Warlord
Car: Black 5 speed Swapped 1995 240sx

Is it taking anyone else a long time to get into rooms since they did the update this past weekend or is it just me. Also the matchmaking process needs some serious work, either I'm tossed into rooms that are full of people who are way better than I am or way worse than I am. Why can't I just get put into rooms that have people who have the same skill level as me. I'm sick of either being absolutely demolished or downright raping everyone in the room. I don't mind being on the bottom of the rooms leaderboard after a round or 2 if it was a hard fought battle and I come out in the top three the next couple of rounds. I was consistantly in the top 3 on FFA forever, now I'm always at the bottom of the pack and getting stomped.

Oh and I've decided that when I reach level 70 (I'm at level 59 about to go level 60 now) I'm going to put it away for a while and either go back to Forza 3 or play whatever games I get for x-mas. Hopefully once x-mas comes the riff raff will GTFO and go on to play other games.

LocAL_anarchy
Car: 08 Mustang GT
95 Nissan 240sx
96 Ford Explorer Sport

Yeah, the last few days, it's seemed like it's been taking longer. Not to the point of being annoying, but it is noticeable.

What HAS become annoying is the definite increase in bullet lag/kill lag. All shooters are going to have it, but it's gotten pretty bad the last few days.

stopatnothing
Car: Scooty Puff Jr. and NEW! Scooty Puff Sr.

Ive been referred to this topic to defend my reputation in my sig.... Anyway feel free to add me if you want AnkleSpankinCod, you may address me as... Ankle.

I piss and moan just as much of the rest of em though when I'm havin a bum game.

snwbrdr435
Car: 85 VW Westfalia, CBR F4i, SV650s, 1988 Honda Hawk(race)

I will end you

stopatnothing

snwbrdr435 wrote:I will end you
1v1 quick scopes? invite whenever Im on.

RCA

Forum Name / XBL GT / Name

RCA / cabrita309 / RichNali / Black Stride / Nalisnwbrdr435 / BeatToasted / MacroChaotic_Warlord / CHA0TICWARLORD / Brandonmarlin29311 / Redfox29311 / Loubmike818 / mykill818 / MichaelRobPaulson / robpaulson715 / Gerrystopatnothing / AnkleSpankinCod / MatthewGhostdrifter88 / Ghostdrifter88 / Henry
stopatnothing wrote:Ive been referred to this topic to defend my reputation in my sig.
I didn't invite you to defend your anything, I wanted you to know we have a pretty good Xbox MW2 community. I would much rather lobby with you...

But your sig will definitely piss people off
Modified by RCA at 11:50 PM 1/10/2010

bmike818

fawk...my Xbox is still in repair.....I am fighting the urge to pick up a copy of MW2 on my PS3.

RCA what level are you now? on XBox?

RCA

70+70+56 = Level 196

Level 56 2nd prestige.

Also, I will end up having both a copy of COD for PS3 and XB, but I have more buddies on XBL so I will split my time as 4:1 on XBL.

stopatnothing

RCA wrote:I didn't invite you to defend your anything, I wanted you to know we have a pretty good Xbox MW2 community. I would much rather lobby with you...

But your sig will definitely piss people off
haha i know, I'm just messin around. except for my sig, dead serious haha

marlin29311

Who is LS9 ZR1? I ended up playing with that person for a bit last night...

dasoupdude
Car: 2005 Z

Wow i rented this last night, that was an incredibly short story mode.

bmike818

don't forget that it was incredible!

...my Xbox is finally on it's way back to me. I should be on in time for the New Year. mykill818 will be back

dasoupdude

That museum place is a hoot.

"Do NOT press this button."

RCAnismo
Car: '06 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast, '05 CBR 1000RR Repsol, '03 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Don't know if this has already been mentioned but does anyone know if they are planning to add more maps eventually like they did in COD World at War?

Also, I'm "honda1lex" and play on PS3

RCA

bmike818 wrote:my Xbox is finally on it's way back to me. I should be on in time for the New Year. mykill818 will be back
Well after my 8th repair, my Xbox is finished...I tried it all. Loosening the bolts that hold the Heat Sinks, different thermal compounds, over heating it etc. Now I am going to send my Xbox to a shop near me for a $70 fee. They promises a lifetime warranty. No matter what it do, they will promise to fix it for life. This covers HDD and even DVD Drive
Dasoupdude wrote:That museum place is a hoot.

"Do NOT press this button."
The best way to handle it is with a riot sheild. You can even take down the Juggernauts with one.

dasoupdude

RCA wrote:
The best way to handle it is with a riot sheild. You can even take down the Juggernauts with one.
I've only been able to beat one side, its the one with shepherd and makarov. I just took an mg and aa12 and ran over to the other room and stood by the ammo crate.

ThatGuyRoger
Car: 08 Super Black Altima Coupe 2.5S

so im out of playing mw2, my ps3 shut down on me mid-game and wont turn back on. and the game is stuck in there.

RCA

Dasoupdude wrote:I've only been able to beat one side, its the one with shepherd and makarov. I just took an mg and aa12 and ran over to the other room and stood by the ammo crate.
Please follow my guide on page 8
RCA wrote:Grab a Rocket Launcher and anything that has a nube tube attached, push the button then run into the room with the planes/vechicles and wait it out. Tube and rocket to get the bulk then pick off the laggers with the bullets. Then set your self for those who show up REALLY late. The riot sheild dude. Flash then shank.

Do the same for the next room but bring a Barret 50. Cal to shoot the one Juggernaught in the room. Then tube the rest and shoot to finish.
ThatGuyRoger wrote:so im out of playing mw2, my ps3 shut down on me mid-game and wont turn back on. and the game is stuck in there.
That is sh*tty, PS's stance on things left in you system when returning is that they do not hold any responsibility for it if it doesn't return

I just hope you can work something out with the PS reps.
RCAnismo wrote:Don't know if this has already been mentioned but does anyone know if they are planning to add more maps eventually like they did in COD World at War?

Also, I'm "honda1lex" and play on PS3
Your NICO screen name...

I am not impressed

Also I plan on doing a pretty through run down of every Spec-Op mission. So far Echo is impossible

Chaotic_Warlord

Well I might be putting this down for a little while, I got Sid Meir's Civilization Revolution and Halo Wars for the 360 for xmas and to be quite honest I'm starting to get a little aggravated with MW2 right now. I'll pick it back up when they are finished with updates and release the first map pack, kinda bored with the current rotation.

RCAnismo
Car: '06 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast, '05 CBR 1000RR Repsol, '03 Jeep Grand Cherokee

RCA wrote:
Your NICO screen name...

I am not impressed
I made my PSN name before I logged onto Nico or they would probably be the same....and I swear I didn't see yours before I made mine.

Chaotic_Warlord

Picked up a refurbished 120GB HDD for my 360 today along with a 512MB memory card, anyone have a data transfer kit they want to give to me or sell to me for cheap? I'll be sure to pass it on to anyone after I'm done moving my data from my 20Gb to the 120GB since you can only use it once.

marlin29311

Chaotic_Warlord wrote:Picked up a refurbished 120GB HDD for my 360 today along with a 512MB memory card, anyone have a data transfer kit they want to give to me or sell to me for cheap? I'll be sure to pass it on to anyone after I'm done moving my data from my 20Gb to the 120GB since you can only use it once.
I think snwbrdr has one...ask him

snwbrdr435
Car: 85 VW Westfalia, CBR F4i, SV650s, 1988 Honda Hawk(race)

Its at my friends house you can use it more then once you just can use it on a smaller hardrive

Return to “Gaming”