Offical NICOclub Forza Horizon thread! (Question/Discussion)

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
300ZXttZMAN
Car: 1990 300zx Twin Turbo 5 spd pearl white.

My Daily: 2008 Frontier NISMO package, 4x4 Crew Cab.

All I have to say is WOW just WOW!! This game seems like its going to be amazing.

Lets make this the discussion thread.

I have a question about the car list. Obviously this is not the full car list but anyway its what they have released so far.

So here goes:

http://www.ign.com/wikis/forza-horizon/Vehicle_List

Start by scrolling down to the Nissan section and notice the 370Z. Next to it, in parentheses it says Preorder.

Ok no big deal all you have to do is preorder the game then you get some little code which allows you to get the Z34 on your game.

But scroll down some more to the next list of vehicles, go back down to the Nissan section and notice the 370Z it reads: "2010 370Z(Pre-Order)2002"
WTF does 2002 mean?

Scroll down some more and click "Next DLC Car Packs"

You should be looking at the top of this page.

Now it gets confusing as s*** and unfortunately I don't understand.

All I want to do is make sure I will have the Z34 on my game because obviously all the other Nissan's will be on it, but it seems as though they felt like making it somewhat complicated for one to get the Z34.

So notice it says: "Pre-order Bonus Cars With any pre-order you get a certain car depending which retailer you decide and a 2012 Dodge Challenger for Forza 4 with special livery. Links provided below car."

Then there are four cars the last one being a 370Z under the Z it says:
"Walmart"
"Microsoft store"
"Target"
"ect"

So does that mean that we have to pre-order the game through Target in order to get the Z34 on our game??

Also notice this link: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/11/forza ... -revealed/

I want the Collectors edition with the steel case ect. BUT I also want to make sure I get the Z34 so what gives? Do you guys know if Target will have the Limited collectors edition that comes with the code for the 370z? I didn't even know that you could pre order games through Target. Does that mean that as long as you buy the game from target you get the Z34? I need help guys! lol

-Mark

P.S. After we clear this up we can start discussing the game in further detail. I imagine I'm not the only one flipping out about this haha. :gapteeth:

But maybe I am. :couch

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

Go download and play the demo - it went from a "will buy" to a "may buy" for me. It could be the first Forza title that I don't buy.
Granted, I only played for 30-45 minutes but it's not the quality I expect from Turn 10. The controls are looser and more arcade-like than actual Forza (a small problem), the whole Horizon Festival thing is trying far too hard to be cool and I can't believe you actually score points for hitting road signs & reflectors. Ugh. Points for drifts, launches, catching air, near misses - those I understand, points for taking out a road sign I don't. I do like the free roam and I think that after the catastrophe that was Test Drive Unlimited 2 I was looking for something better. I'll play it some more over the weekend to see if I'll really want to pick it up or if I'm going to roll the deposit towards something else - that's the problem with doing a full pay on everything I guess.

Don't worry about the DLC so much Mark, if you don't get the Z for free as a pre-order perk you can always buy it after the fact. It might be somehow subtly different than the freebie, but the car will be available to the masses eventually. You'll get the "hero car" (the Viper GTS on the cover) if you download and play the demo and buy and play the game online - I think the expiration on the hero car offer is that you have to buy & play Horizon online before November 30th, but the demo says that actual date - I just can't remember it.

I pre-ordered when it was announced so I know that the Gamestop bonus is the Ferrari 458. My receipt also shows a VW Golf R as an additional bonus but my initial understanding was that this was a preo-order bonus for Europe, not sure why it's on my receipt unless it's been changed somehow.

Fact check me but what I found after a quick search was...

Amazon - 2012 Aston Martin Virage
Best Buy - 2011 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
Gamestop - 2009 Ferrari 458 Italia
Everywhere else - 2010 Nissan 370Z

While Target is a nicer, trendier store the electronics folks are usually pretty clueless and I've been pretty surprised at the WalMart workers - your mileage may vary. WalMart where I live usually has posters and announcements up for upcoming games and pre-orders, the pre-orders are done by taking a gift card style card up and buying it. I've got to get some coffee and other stuff this weekend, if I go to WalMart I'll run through electronics and let you know what I find out.

The Limited Edition Day One Car Pack Cars are...

2012 Audi R8 GT Spyder
2011 Koenigsegg Agera
2011 Lamborghini Sesto Elemento
2012 Pagani Huayra
2011 Ruf Rt 12 R

300ZXttZMAN

Yes the Target folks are pretty clueless I tried to call yesterday and see if they had the little cards and they knew nothing about it. I went into walmart yesterday and no one knew anything.

Then salt was poured on my wounds look what I came across while I was walking out of Walmart heading back to my truck. :squint:
Image :chuckle:

When I got home I was looking online and doing some more digging and I actually learned how to preorder games from Walmart and Target but the problem is they don't offer store pickup? Why not?? I don't want to wait until the 30th to get my game!!

Really pisses me off. I'm perfectly fine with paying $80 for the limited edition Horizon that comes with alot of the DLC (which is what I want). What I'm not cool with is how they want us to buy it from certain places (that suck a**) to get the certain preorder specials. -_-

If we preorder does that mean that we get the 370z right off the bat? (or what ever preorder special we get? Do we get it as soon as we turn the game on?)

IIRC, when battle field bad company 2 came out I didn't pre order instead I went to walmart to buy it and I bought the limited edition and it came with the code for the preorder special. So I think what I'll do is go to Walmart and buy the limited edition Horizon when it comes out and hope that I will get a code to get the Z34.

Whatcha think?

Kompresshun
Administrator
Car: 2020 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4, 2017 Ford F150 4x4 SuperCab 3.5L Ecoboost/10AT, 2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Offroad 5AT

You won't get the 370Z immediately placed in your garage - it will just be available for purchase in the dealership, where others won't be able to get it. At least that's how it's always been in previous games. I'll be getting the Ferrari 458 Italia with my pre-order, which is fine with me. I absolutely love that car anyways, but I would've liked to have the 370Z too.

I pre-ordered my copy last week from Gamestop after playing the demo. I said that I wasn't going to get it, due to things I thought would be missing, but after playing the demo I completely changed my mind. I have played every Forza game, since the beginning, but I always find myself getting bored after a while. I don't foresee that happening with this one though, mainly because of the open world environment and it not being so track centered.

Hopefully we can get some good game nights going around here again. We kinda got something started with Forza 4, but then if fizzled out quickly. I can imagine that this one will be a blast to play online multiplayer.

300ZXttZMAN

4DSC wrote:You won't get the 370Z immediately placed in your garage - it will just be available for purchase in the dealership, where others won't be able to get it. At least that's how it's always been in previous games. I'll be getting the Ferrari 458 Italia with my pre-order, which is fine with me. I absolutely love that car anyways, but I would've liked to have the 370Z too.

I pre-ordered my copy last week from Gamestop after playing the demo. I said that I wasn't going to get it, due to things I thought would be missing, but after playing the demo I completely changed my mind. I have played every Forza game, since the beginning, but I always find myself getting bored after a while. I don't foresee that happening with this one though, mainly because of the open world environment and it not being so track centered.

Hopefully we can get some good game nights going around here again. We kinda got something started with Forza 4, but then if fizzled out quickly. I can imagine that this one will be a blast to play online multiplayer.
Ok well I preordered it from gamestop as well. I went to walmart and I went to target no one in the store could find the pre order card for Forza. :squint:

I wonder if I could pay real money and get the Z34 by downloading something in the store?

I know what you mean about getting bored with the games, I do the same. Since its a free roam we shouldn't get bored as quickly (if we get bored at all). Also they have it setup to where players search the map for "barn finds" so that will be fun.

We def need to get some good game nights started up. Its going to be fun with this game. :yesnod

Kompresshun
Administrator
Car: 2020 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4, 2017 Ford F150 4x4 SuperCab 3.5L Ecoboost/10AT, 2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Offroad 5AT

Mark, there is a thread on Forzamotorsport.net forums in the Forza Horizon Gen Chat. If you go in that thread, you can post the pre-order car you're getting and say you will trade the code for a 370Z code. I'll likely be doing the same when I get home this afternoon, because even though I love the 458, I wouldn't mind having some of the other cars.

300ZXttZMAN

Hmm very good idea thanks for the info Chris.

I'm about to go join now and see if anyone is interested. I'll post back in this thread and let you know.

300ZXttZMAN

Did you pick up your game last night? I'm going to be picking mine up on my way home.

Kompresshun
Administrator

300ZXttZMAN wrote:Did you pick up your game last night? I'm going to be picking mine up on my way home.
No, I picked mine up on the way home. I've just been a member of their forums since Forza Motorsport 2. I had to work today, so I wouldn't have had time to play anyways before tonight.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Preorder "bonuses" are a special kind of scummy. I despise them. The benefit the publisher EXCLUSIVELY but they're presented as some kind of added content for the consumer. Disgusting. I know developers are often beholden to their publishers, but established, successful developers should have the leverage and integrity to prohibit this kind of BS.

Being kicked in the balls hurts enough without the attacker claiming he's doing you a favor.

300ZXttZMAN

Agreed.

I picked up mine yesterday. I must say its a pretty bad a** game. I found 2 barn finds yesterday. :)
I bought a S15, R35, and a S30.

I did a mild build to the S15. I upgraded a few things on the R35. I swapped a VR38 into the S30 hehe.

I'm very upset that I don't have the 370z on my game. I'm still working to get someone to trade me, the problem is that everyone wants the 370z.

I'm offering the 2009 458, a 1969 camaro, a golf R, 50k in game credits, BMW M3.

I hope someone wants to trade...
PLAN A ^
------------------------------------------------------------
PLAN B \/
If I can't find anyone to commit to trade me by the time I go to turn my Xbox on (after work).

I'm thinking about going to walmart and asking to see if I can open the game if it has the code in it then I'll buy it for $60 get the code and then sell the game to a buddy and accept my loss but smile ear to ear since I have the 370. :biggrin:

BusyBadger
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

NICO club is made and active on Forza Horizon. Send me (WreckinBawl on Xbox Live) a message on XBL and I'll add by request. I added Chris/4DSC (BeyondRedline07 on XBL) first so he would be in the admin portion of the club, he should be able to add you as well in case I don't get to it right away.

I've got a a NICO vinyl made in Forza 4 and I'll be importing it into Horizon, as well as the rest of my portfolio. If I can figure out a way to give the NICO piece away and still keep it locked I'll do so, otherwise I'll sell it for the minimum amount I can.
MinisterofDOOM wrote:Being kicked in the balls hurts enough without the attacker claiming he's doing you a favor.
What if you have say, "a little itch?" Image

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRFkCIQAjBU&showinfo=0[/youtube]

300ZXttZMAN

Add me to the club I'll accept when I get on later on tonight. MoneyMarkSavage

Also I'll send yall a friend request if yall don't beat me to it. :bigthumb:

bigbadberry3

It just screams NFSU to me :/

300ZXttZMAN

I got the 370Z!!! Found someone to trade codes with me like Chris suggested. :)

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

BusyBadger wrote:
MinisterofDOOM wrote:Being kicked in the balls hurts enough without the attacker claiming he's doing you a favor.
What if you have say, "a little itch?" Image
I have hands...

hitbychance
Car: 2008 350z
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 5.7L hemi

Well after 24h:33min of driving, i have completed single player 100% , The game is pretty good overall. I'd love for tuning to be put back in the game and maybe an open world like test drive unlimited. I give it a 9/10

BusyBadger
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

An FYI for all the diehard Nissan drivers here, the new Bondurant Car Pack has the '93 240SX SE in it. :yesnod

If you already purchased a Season Pass do not get the pack through the dashboard, load Horizon and download it through the in-game menu. Getting through the dashboard storefront will require you to pay for the content (again).

300ZXttZMAN

BusyBadger wrote:An FYI for all the diehard Nissan drivers here, the new Bondurant Car Pack has the '93 240SX SE in it. :yesnod
Hatch or coupe!?!?! Either way thats awesome I'm going to have to download it.
BusyBadger wrote: If you already purchased a Season Pass do not get the pack through the dashboard, load Horizon and download it through the in-game menu. Getting through the dashboard storefront will require you to pay for the content (again).
^ noted. :bigthumb:

Kompresshun
Administrator

I've only been getting the free cars from the car packs, because i'm waiting to buy my season pass for a couple of weeks. My mother-in-law is *supposed* to be getting me an Xbox live points gift card, so i'm trying to hold off until I get that. I'm dying to get a hold of the S13 and the Shelby 1000 though.

Mark - It's an S13 hatch. Available swaps should be an SR20 and RB26, but they may make the VR38 available too in this game.

300ZXttZMAN

:D

hitbychance
Car: 2008 350z
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 5.7L hemi

4DSC wrote:I've only been getting the free cars from the car packs, because i'm waiting to buy my season pass for a couple of weeks. My mother-in-law is *supposed* to be getting me an Xbox live points gift card, so i'm trying to hold off until I get that. I'm dying to get a hold of the S13 and the Shelby 1000 though.

Mark - It's an S13 hatch. Available swaps should be an SR20 and RB26, but they may make the VR38 available too in this game.

it's pretty fun drifting a 240sx with a vq38!!!!

BusyBadger
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

Turn 10 needs to put a Titan in the game so I can put a VK under the hood of the Z ( when I can finally get one) and the 240.

Return to “Gaming”