Offical Minecraft Thread

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
s0m3th1ngAZ
Car: 96' Miata
2014 Focus ST

It's like legos with d!ck-looking things that periodically blow up all your hard work.

Encryptshun
Car: 2005 Xterra

ScorchedNX2K wrote:It's like legos with d***-looking things that periodically blow up all your hard work.

This is probably the best description of Minecraft I've ever heard. :rotfl

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Sometimes I'll turn on "peaceful" mode to disable mobs, then build up a Fortress of DOOMitude without distraction. Then I'll save, set the difficulty back up, and defend the fort.

s0m3th1ngAZ
2014 Focus ST

Must be the most boring castle defense in history. All you'd do is sit on top and take pot shots with the bow.

RCA

WRONG!

Sent TNT around base (far enough so it doesn't destroy yo ish), set redstone to TNT, wait until night fall and enjoy the fireworks.

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

ScorchedNX2K wrote:Must be the most boring castle defense in history. All you'd do is sit on top and take pot shots with the bow.
You COULD do that. I tend to ignore the bow and just run into the fray for some melee. Eventually things start to deteriorate. Especially if you weren't lucky enough to spawn on top of the ideal castle foundation.

Encryptshun
Car: 2005 Xterra

MinisterofDOOM wrote:
ScorchedNX2K wrote:Must be the most boring castle defense in history. All you'd do is sit on top and take pot shots with the bow.
You COULD do that. I tend to ignore the bow and just run into the fray for some melee. Eventually things start to deteriorate. Especially if you weren't lucky enough to spawn on top of the ideal castle foundation.

I eventually built a house over my spawn point with interior access to an elevated walkway that takes me to my main house, my mines, and my new big tower. I keep a couple of chests, a workbench and a forge in "Spawn-Point Cottage" (as I've named it) and so I can gear up before I head back over to my main homestead or want to take surface routes.

I put off learning how to work with redstone dust because franky I can't wrap my mind around it. I need to sit and watch some tutorials on how to rig multiple blocks of TNT in series with redstone dust and make it so one switch will power everything at the same time. (The blocks in my scenario need to be spaced 5 squares away from each other in a line for demolitions purposes).

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Encryptshun wrote:I put off learning how to work with redstone dust because franky I can't wrap my mind around it. I need to sit and watch some tutorials on how to rig multiple blocks of TNT in series with redstone dust and make it so one switch will power everything at the same time. (The blocks in my scenario need to be spaced 5 squares away from each other in a line for demolitions purposes).
Having a background in electronics definitely helps. It's exactly like playing with logic gates in real-world circuits. You can build things like microprocessors, timer chips, etc. easily if you're familiar with gate logic. Unfortunately most of the details of my college electronics classes have escaped my brain, so I'm not that great with redstone either. I should actually probably get to messing around with them more specifically FOR the purpose of bringing back my knowledge of electronics.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/File: ... cGates.png

Crazyirish
Car: Nothing noteworthy at the moment...

MinisterofDOOM wrote:
Haven't played the latest build but to me it didn't seem to matter how badass a castle I built, I always managed to overlook one spot and next thing I knew "SSSsssssssss....BOOM". I like it though. Keeps you on your toes.

s0m3th1ngAZ
2014 Focus ST

Yeah I'm fairly certain creepers can teleport...and look into our thoughts.

RCA

ScorchedNX2K wrote:Yeah I'm fairly certain creepers can teleport...and look into our thoughts.
And read blueprints to distinguish structural weak points.

Return to “Gaming”