Offered $400 off MSRP on white demo Versa 1.8 SL

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
Kermee

I have a super black Versa 1.8 SL of the same exact configuration due on 08/06/2006 (1.8 SL w/CVT, Convenience Package, Floor/Trunk Mats) that has an MSRP of $16,905. The dealer will sell it to me at sticker.

Another dealer has a "demo" white Versa that came in last Saturday that really wants to get rid of and has about 122 miles on it as of yesterday when I test drove it. Now they're offering it for $400 off without me having to bargain. I'm guessing invoice is about $800 below the MSRP.

I have my heart set on black, and white is basically the antithesis of the color I want. So do I:

* Buy a white Versa and have the joy of having it now vs. later with $400 off MSRP but has been test-driven by who knows what as a demo?* Wait for the black Versa I want for about 3 more weeks, pay sticker, and be the the first non-Nissan employee or contracted personnel to drive my car?

Note I will be keeping this car for a LONG while.

Cheers,Kermee

bkb433
Car: Nissan Versa

If I were you, I'd wait for the black if that is the color you want, it will be worth the wait. I was just lucky and the one Versa my dealer got was the mangetic grey color I wanted. Wait for the black. to me 400 bucks wouldnt be worth it.

penpen-commander

if you want black get black.if you can make do with white, then no questions asked.

go with what you want.

kaotical24
Car: 07 NISSAN VERSA SL

i say wait for the car that you want, which is black, right??

Kermee

Sounds good. The car I'm waiting for is black. I asked for the VIN# but the car hasn't even been built yet so they'll get that to me as soon as they get the VIN# for it.

I test drove the Versa and it's going to fit the bill perfectly. I currently have a Lexus 2IS that is my only vehicle and want to stop using it as a daily commuter of about 50 miles a day.

Thanks everyone!

Cheers,Kermee

TheToE

This seems to fit my lifestye perfectly. I find the versa to be very practical. I asked myself : "What do I really need in a car?". The versa is perfect for me.

FutureDRFTer
Car: 1997 Nissan 240sx Se

unless you could get a $399 professional paintjob...go with black

Sahandman
Car: civic

wait for the black, if your heart tells you black, then wait a little and get black, you will regret it if you dont get the color you want all because you save a measly 400 dollars and get it sooner. It doesnt make sense that you say you want the car forever, but cant wait 2 weeks to get the color you want. Besides, im getting a black too with black interior, very gangster, very pimp, white is a color for snobby sissy guys who drive theyre parents cars at the age of 20. No offense to those who fit this category.

Beige interior!!!! disgusting, reminds me of those dumb corollas with beige interiors and beige exteriors that often old asian people drive.

TheToE

Sahandman wrote: white is a color for snobby sissy guys who drive theyre parents cars at the age of 20.
Aw come on man, i think white is a great color personally. Black is what is hard as hell to keep clean. Although it does look bad-*** when its spotless. Get black if you enjoy washing your car every other day.

voltronguy
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL Super Black

Kermee wrote:* Wait for the black Versa I want for about 3 more weeks, pay sticker, and be the the first non-Nissan employee or contracted personnel to drive my car?
WAIT!! We just got the exact configuration you are talking about and love it! The black looks so cool (like everyone says, when it is clean!) I don't think $400 is worth your happiness!

Here is a pic:http://nissaninfiniticlub.net/...34230
Modified by voltronguy at 2:42 PM 7/25/2006

Kermee

voltronguy wrote:WAIT!! We just got the exact configuration you are talking about and love it! The black looks so cool (like everyone says, when it is clean!) I don't think $400 is worth your happiness!

Here is a pic:http://nissaninfiniticlub.net/...34230

Modified by voltronguy at 2:42 PM 7/25/2006
Holy smokes! Nice picture! Thanks!

Now I'm glad I waited. I just got an e-mail from my salesperson. Nothing has changed and the drop date is still 08/06/2006... *Drool*

Cheers,Kermee

Return to “Versa General Chat”