Off-Rogueing (Rogue Off-Road)

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
ShawnQ
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Wicked Black

Hey guys,

I traded in a 2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel, 4x4 on this Rogue. Long story short, my Wife was accepted into a Masters program, and had to move 5hrs away to attend. She would not be able to work, and living 5hrs away would be tough on fuel for both of us. So, I traded my truck, got here the Rogue - and I took over her 2000 ZX3 Focus. We save money in fuel, and payment. We lost, however, the ability to carry what my old truck could whenever I go shark fishing on the Padre Island National Seashore. The reason I got the AWD Rogue was so I could use it a few times on the beach.

Although I have yet to 'rig' it for fishing the beach like I did my truck, I was able to test out its AWD ability this past Saturday.

All in all, I was impressed! The only thing I advise anyone is to turn off the VDC when you are in the sand. Otherwise, it will continually apply brakes to any wheel that is spinning. This prevents you from getting any momentum, which is very important in soft sand.

Here's a little video I made:http://www.lonestarsharkers.co...g.wmv

For the record, a little over 5000 miles, and I have yet to hear the 'rattle'...

Enjoy!

Shawn

jmbones

ShawnQ wrote:Hey guys,

I traded in a 2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel, 4x4....
Sorry to hear that, as a fellow Dodge owner!

tinstar
Car: 2008 nissan rouge sl orange alloy

Cool Video!

ShawnQ

jmbones wrote:
Sorry to hear that, as a fellow Dodge owner!
Yes, I miss it dearly...

jmbones

ShawnQ wrote:
Yes, I miss it dearly...
Nice! Here's my 05 Power Wagon

ShawnQ

Slick looking PW!

I will be getting another dodge as soon as the wife graduates. I'm wondering whether or not the 2500/3500 is going to get the same exterior redesign as the 1500. I drove the new 1500 at a Dodge sponsored test-drive event, and it was very nice. Hopefully the 2500 is equally as nice.

SQ

jmbones

ShawnQ wrote:Slick looking PW!

I will be getting another dodge as soon as the wife graduates. I'm wondering whether or not the 2500/3500 is going to get the same exterior redesign as the 1500. I drove the new 1500 at a Dodge sponsored test-drive event, and it was very nice. Hopefully the 2500 is equally as nice.

SQ
Thanks. From what I heard, Dodge has stated that the new HD's will be different then the 1/2 tons. So we'll have to wait and see.

philipa_240sx

I am curious how the 2011 Nissan Titan will compare... now that it will be built by Chrysler. There have been no sneak peaks yet, but many speculate it will use the new Ram platform with Nissan unique sheetmetal and interior.

ShawnQ

philipa_240sx wrote:I am curious how the 2011 Nissan Titan will compare... now that it will be built by Chrysler. There have been no sneak peaks yet, but many speculate it will use the new Ram platform with Nissan unique sheetmetal and interior.
If the new Nissan is anything like the new Dodge 1500, it will be a nice truck. As mentioned above, I went to the 2009 Dodge Ram test-drive which had all of the competitors. The new Ram out-handled all of them with ease. It was faster than all of them EXCEPT the Tundra w/5.7 (because the Tundra had 4.30 gears???)

On the off-road obstacle course, it was much smoother with the new 4-link rear, and a lot less rattlin' going on in the cab.

The F150 was by FAR the worst of the bunch - it rattled/creaked like crazy, handled like a boat, and the drive-by-wire was terrible for throttle response.

SQ

Return to “Rogue Forum”