OEM Fog Lamps

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
best1962
Car: NISSAN VERSA 2008 B14 SL CVT

You know, your dealership might be right, has I found out myself here in Canada the part # is different then the one in the States, But if you decide to order through the States make sure you check custom and duty before you order has I learned the hard way, I order only the swicth and it cost me more in freith and duty then for the part itself.Good luck.

VersaPaul
Car: 2007 Versa SL Hatch CVT

VersaMitch -

Thanks for the pictures and install instructions for the Nissan OEM Fog Lamps. I followed your advice and purchased the OEM kit from VersaSpeed. The install was easy with your pictures and text advice on this post. Took about 3 hours, but I also rotated tires and changed oil. The front right is more cramped to get into then the front left. Having the front wheels off made it easier to pull back the plastic wheel well flaps. There are only 3 screws to remove on each side to loosen the flap for access behind the wheel well.

The final install with the new OEM switch is clean and works great.

Very glad that you made the original post and shared your experience.

I would like to do the other modifications - front strut stabilizer and cold air intake, but I don't want to void the warranty which prohibits alternations (factor OEM lights excluded). Maybe in a couple of years when the factor warranty expires.

I highly recommend the OEM fog lights. The clean install is worth the $316 I paid for the OEM parts including shipping.

BradHummer
Car: 2008 Versa SL Hatchback

VersaMitch, I bought my 2008 Versa SL Hatchback two weeks ago. I purchased a factory kit from someone on eBay. Parts looked new and identical to the photos you posted. No problem locating pre-installed wiring harness and installing the lights. Also no problem installing factory switch on steering column. End result, unfortunately, was not as good as yours--they don't work. I haven't done much to troubleshoot, yet, but I have two questions for you (and others who may have input), if you don't mind.

First, I have not read anything about a separate fuse for the fog lamps. Is there one? (In fact, I don't see the fuse for the headlights.)

Second, the manual says to turn the fog lamps on by turning headlights to low beam, then rotating the center fog lamp ring to "on," and turn them off by rotating them back to "off." The switch I received has a center ring more like a momentary switch. I can rotate it to the "on" position, but it then springs right back to the "off" position as soon as I release it. Is the switch I received defective, or does yours operate that way, too? If yours is the same, how does it operate. In other words, how do you turn the fog lamps off? (I should mention that even while holding the fog lamp ring in the "on" position and the headlights on low beam, the fog lamps still did not operate. I would certainly appreciate any feedback or advice you could give me as I prepare to troubleshoot.

best1962
Car: NISSAN VERSA 2008 B14 SL CVT

your swicth should work like your rear wiper one, turn forward and stay there. If it isn't then you got a defective swicth.As for the fuse, it is the same as the headlight, if your headlight work your fog should too.

Cheer

sturgis-2003
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa S

I've been looking for a long time for OEM fog lamps for my 2008 Versa-the dealer is clueless. I've looked and even purchased (and returned) several sets until now. I found a dealer on eBay that sells OEM lights, a wiring harness for the Versa S including the relay and switch, and the foglight covers as a kit. I installed mine and they look and work great!!! The switch although not specifically for the Versa fits in the knock out next to light contrast switch and the electric mirror adjusting switch on the left of the steering wheel. The only mods required were extending the switch and hot wire to the fuse panel. I used the firewall penetration method and the fusing suggestion from a previous post on the Versa forum(thanks for the instructions and pictures). It took several hours but I moved cautiously and it was getting dark outside. Go to a dealer in NY: bear.shawn and the kit is $249.00 + S&H. I actually caught mine on sale and paid $157.00 total with shipping. If you have any questions, just post.
Modified by sturgis-2003 at 8:55 AM 3/24/2008

Versa Madness
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa S HB 6 spd

So are your eBay fogs something like these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWDVW

If so, then how thick are the lenses and overall quality?

sturgis-2003
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa S

The lights I bought were in Nissan boxes with corresponding PN, they have a very bright 55 w H 11 bulbs in them and bolted in the stock mounts with no difficulty and were adjustable. The lights look very similar, the wiring harness looks al ittle different but the one I bought was not OEM, looked fabricated. the lens have moderate thickness. Could they have been knock offs? Sure they could. These look good too, much better than what has been available even 2 months ago.

Visaversa
Car: 2008 Versa S Sedan

Hello everyone. I just recently purchased an 08, S sedan with power package, cruise and ABS. While attempting to install some Ebay fogs today, I noticed what appeared to be fog light harneses right where the lights mount. Could some of the S models have come pre-wired when certain equipment like cruise or ABS is installed and if so, will all I need to add is OEM fogs and switch?

Thanks(ex VWVortexer)

longo
Car: 2007 Versa SL, CVT

If you indeed have the factory wiring harness for the fog lamps then you don't need a separate switch, they will come on with your 'low beams' and turn off on the 'high'

No one needs to be looking into oncoming high beams+driving lights too.

Visaversa

I guess all I need to know is if I acquired the factory lamps along with the factory fog light combo switch, do I need anything else like relays or additional fuses. I want to keep the cleaner look of a OEM install if possible.

BTW: The connectors are located just under the headlamps with yellow ends and one white wire and one black wire.

blindsnyper
Car: 2007 versa

Visaversa wrote:
you grill is amazing, care to elabo rate?

Visaversa

Thanks but all I did was remove the grill and emblem, tape it off and spray with Krylon Fushion to achieve the look. I thought Nissan should have done it this way in the first place. Did it the second day after getting the car...lol.

ElDiablo
Car: 2008 RedAlert Nissan Versa s

When you installed the multifunction switch, did you have to disconnect your battery, what was required in removing the old switch, are there any tricky clips i need to watch out for?
VersaMitch wrote:Here is the Kit:Here is the stock harness:Here is where the switch goes:Here is the rest of my pics for you to enjoy:

BradHummer
Car: 2008 Versa SL Hatchback

Using a phillips screwdriver, remove the four screws holding the steering column cover together. These screws (two on left, two on right) are removed from the bottom, so raise the steering column up to make access easier. Then gently pry the top and bottom sections apart to expose the steering column. This is easier with the steering column now lowered. It's also not necessary to remove the covers completely--just separate them enough to gain access to the switch. The switch has two obvious clips which are easy to disconnect, and the switch is then very easy to remove. Nothing comes loose except the old switch. I did not disconnect the battery before doing this. The new switch will simply push into place until the clips snap. Test switch, and put the two halves of the steering column together and replace the four screws.

sr20bet

Is there a BIG difference in visability with the fog lamps and headlamps? vs. just the oem headlamps?

I do mostly urban city driving 80% and 20% rural (dark roads) driving.

I would only do the install if there was a noticable difference in lighting and safety.

Thanks in advance!

Promise Land
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa
2001 Chevy Suburban
1992 Ford Mustang

it's only noticeable close to the car (maybe 30 feet from the front). It may be better with different bulbs or an HID upgrade.

NODES
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL (Blue)

ThirstyRoss wrote:In case anyone is wondering, I just talked to my dealer here in Toronto, they quoted the OEM Fogs at $227CDN per lamp (so $454CDN total), plus installation, which their service department quoted at 2 to 3 hours (they weren't sure since they've never done the install on a Versa yet) @ $98CDN per hour.

Parts: $454CDNInstall: $198 - $294CDN-----Total: $652 - $748CDN

VersaMitch: Did you do the installation yourself, and how hard was it?

You would be crazy to pay that kind of money for fogs....the $30 fog lights from Walmart do the exact same thing as these over priced OEM's....

lilnass
Car: i have a nissan tiida

hi any one can help me how i connect the red cable on the switch?

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”