OEM Fog Lamps

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
Demonspawn
Car: 2007 Sapphire Blue Versa HB SL/CVT Tech Pkg, 1998 Mustang

i am not sure if i have the skills to do one but i probably do i can read a manual!

this is the first time i have ever modded my car i have in the past pretty much kept them stock if it is not broke dont fix it kind of mentallity.

but i said what the hey on this car not going to do alot but so far it is pretty straight foward.

but why do it when it would take 30 minutes to an hour to install OEM compared to all weekend to rewire the thing.

brownbrix

Hey mitch nice setup. Dio you think you will be writing a DIY for oem foglights

versaspeed.com
Car: Viper GTS & SRT10, Prowler, 300ZX TT, Versa SL 6mt, 240SX Race Car w/track records, Titan LE KC

I will have the complete kit available soon and I'm trying to get the pricing for you guys to be in the 250 to 275 range and that's complete.Just hang in there, I'm doing what I can behind the scenes.

VersaMitch
Car: Nissan Versa SL

Versaspeed - Are you going to have DIY instructions, or should I go ahead and start those??

Demonspawn
Car: 2007 Sapphire Blue Versa HB SL/CVT Tech Pkg, 1998 Mustang

sweet!

i stopped by my dealer yesterday since i had never been in the shop to meet the mechanics and also wanted to see if they had the kit.

when i asked for the kit i just got the deer in the headlight look and of course the computer crashed he went to another computer and still could not find it.

What a waste of time do not think i will be taking my car to this dealer for service was not impressed with what i saw.

that would be so kewl to get that kind of price You Da Man!

ricks350z

i didnt read all the info here, but cant we just buy a switch from autozone, walmart, etc instead of buying the switch itself which cost $60 from the dealership?

COVersaSL
Car: 2007 Versa SL Sedan

You can but they are not even close to the same.

mayahmed423
Car: Tiida Nismo

hey guyz,

i think they look good.

Tony.

Crooked Wookie
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S (Super Black with power package)

I have a question about installing the OEM lamps. I'd be willing to pay $250-300 for the kit, but I drive a Versa S, not an SL. Is it still going to be possible to hook them up, or are those of us not driving an SL just out of luck when it comes to factory fogs?

CodeRed
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa S MT

No, because the S dose not come with the factory harness. Sorry your SOL. You could always buy some aftermarket ones and follow Clipse'd tutorial.

VersaMitch

Another option....You could look into your car to see how much wiring you do have. I would bet you still have the wiring in the dash. I couldn't see Nissan making two seperate harness (one with 2 less wires). If you have most of it, but just not the pigtails for the fogs, you could just make up the difference and still use the OEM fogs.

falconxlc
Car: 08 versa

Couple of questions for versamitch:

1) Did you have to disconnect the battery for the fog light installation?2) Where exactly is the pre-wiring harness? From that picture you had posted it looks like the pre-wiring is inside the fog light hole. 3) Did you have to unscrew some plastic on the bottom of the versa in order to secure the fog lights to the frame? If so did u have to remove the entire plastic?

Thanks

VersaMitch

1) Yes, it is a good idea to disconnect your battery whenever doing an electrical installation.2) The prewiring harness is hanging inside the engine bay. You have to partially remove the splash guard under the bumper to connect the light.3) Yes, you have to remove a few screws from that splash guard and fold it back. The fog light attaches to the frame behind the fog light cover. It is held with one screw.

I hope this helps and good luck. It is a pretty easy installation.

The Edge
Car: Nissan Versa SL Magnetic Grey 6 Speed MT Convenience Package

Versaspeed.com has the complete OEM kit for $289.95 Now I'll buy these, probably next week

VersaMitch

Good luck with those. I used my old SE-R account with Courtesy Nissan and got mine for $299. Close enough for me, lol.

The Edge

VersaMitch wrote:Good luck with those. I used my old SE-R account with Courtesy Nissan and got mine for $299. Close enough for me, lol.
How would I get a discount with courtesy. Do I email them?

VersaMitch

Years ago, when I had my 200sx SE-R, Courtesy offered a SE-R discount for SER.net members. I don't know if they still do it, but you can ask.

The Edge

I've decided to buy it from Versaspeed since they are a sponsor on this site and they did go through alot of trouble to try and get those fogs for us at a good price.

best1962
Car: NISSAN VERSA 2008 B14 SL CVT

Hi, I see you mention the name of Courtesy Nissan. Do you have the address of the dealer and if you don't mind tell how much you pay for the kit and Hoopp would you still have the P/N of the kit.I'm presently a new onwer of a versa 2008 SL (500 Km about 300 miles) and here in (Qc) Canada we can't get the fog light kit unless you get the sport model. it's a *****.

Thanks for your help

Ben

VersaMitch

http://www.courtesynissan.com

They retail at $330.00 for the kit but I belong to Se-r.net and got a 10% discount.

You may also want to check out the website sponsor, http://www.versaspeed.com, for the same OEM kit at $289.95.

best1962

Hi guysI have notice that some of you have had intalled those factory OEM fog lights for awhile now, my question is , I would like to know how well the glass of the fog light is helding out with the road dust and rocks? And is the glass replacable if they become to chipped (or foggy like)?i am curious to know before I go spend my money.Something else I was thinking, Is there anybody out there that has been thinking of figuring out a shelf to put in the trunk that would level off with the seats, when they are down and in the same token would be a place to hide some little gismo that we usually carrie with us in the car?If not I can come up with a drawing and past it on if anybody would be interested.

waiting to hear

mindpenn
Car: Versa SL CVT - Onyx blue (Conv. package)

I would be interested in your drawing.Its a great idea! I would buy something like that.

best1962

In reply to the shelf, gimme a couple months to with something easy to fabricate, useful and require minimal tooling.How's that!

irsa76
Car: 1981 720 kingcab flatbed

Can someone confirm the part number for the fog light kit for me? My Australian accessory list has the foglight kit as B61EO ED202. No prices as they can vary abit. I'm still intending to go the factory fogs when/if I get my Tiida.

best1962

I got the part # from Courtesy Nissan it is FGLMP-C11X that is for Nissan Versa SL, but if you need the part individually they areLAMPS B6150-SC11XSWITCH 25540-SC11xCOVERS 62257-SC11X Driverside 62256-SC11X PassengerPrice $331.00 dealers right nowHope that help you

topherD
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa 1.8S

Hey VM,

I just got my Versa last week week and have been looking in to getting fogs as my first mod...I do agree that the OEM switch is best; but I did notice that versaspeed sells this switch alone. Is it possible to buy aftermarket fogs and still use the oem switch? I'm afraid that I won't even be able to use the oem switch if my S model is lacking some sort of required wiring.

Thanks much

sturgis-2003
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa S

Crooked Wookie wrote:I have a question about installing the OEM lamps. I'd be willing to pay $250-300 for the kit, but I drive a Versa S, not an SL. Is it still going to be possible to hook them up, or are those of us not driving an SL just out of luck when it comes to factory fogs?
Hey guys, I'm new to Nismo (old Honda guy) and just purchased a 2008 Versa S for my daughter. She wants fog lamps.. Has anyone been able to use the OEM fog lamps on the S version? Is there a way to add the pigtail? You guys seem to be more on top of things than our local dealer. Thanks for any help rendered

dopey
Car: 06 Nissan Tiida

irsa76 wrote:Can someone confirm the part number for the fog light kit for me? My Australian accessory list has the foglight kit as B61EO ED202. No prices as they can vary abit. I'm still intending to go the factory fogs when/if I get my Tiida.
You still chasing that part number mate??I purchased my Tiida's Fog Light kit off eBay - but it is all genuine OEM parts including the replacement indicator stalk with the switch.

If you're still after the part numbers I am pretty sure I still have the boxes in the garage so I can go have a look for you. Just send me a PM if you're still after them.

jfanaselle
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback SL, 2008 Nissan Rogue SL

Topher and Sturgis:

The S model wasn't equipped with the wiring necessary for factory fogs. However, if you like the look of the OEM fogs, you could always add the fog lamps themselves (the acutal light fixtures) and simply wire them into your own wiring and switch setup. I know this isn't the most desirable, but at least the fog lamps will be OEM on the outside and look great.

It is definately possible to wire up an S for the factory fogs, because I just saw an S with the sport package and fogs at my local dealership about 2 weeks ago. Someone on this site may know where to tap into the wiring under the dash for the factory switch, but the rest of the wiring (from the dash to the lamps) will probably have to be added yourself. In my opinion, the best thing would be to tap into the factory parking lamp or head lamp wire with a relay and factory fogs and put your own switch somewhere in the vehicle.

EDIT: Look what I just found on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWDVW
Modified by jfanaselle at 8:34 AM 11/29/2007

CARI0CA
Car: 2008 Versa SL hatch (CVT), 1990 Lada Samara 1.5, 1989 Ford F150, 1986 GSXR-1100

I was waiting if such a set would be available. I like the fact the SL is wired for "plug & play." Up here in Canada you have to order the "Sport" version of the SL to get the factory install fog lamps. I like the sunroof on the Sport option, but I just couldn't part with the extra sheckles above the SL price with my wife's $1300 CVT transmission option over the 6-speed that I was happy with! I was debating getting some aftermarket fog lamps, installing/wiring them myself, but the $300 for a whole factory OEM kit is really not that bad. Clean original look.

So far, just some winter wheels/tires installed & I switched out those wimpey horns for some $40 Italian Fiamms (same ones I have on my bike & my Russian bomb!).3500 km on this beast now, 1st oil change done.

Modified by CARI0CA at 1:23 PM 11/30/2007
Modified by CARI0CA at 1:26 PM 11/30/2007

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”