OEM Fog Lamps

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
VersaMitch
Car: Nissan Versa SL

I got my fog lamp kit in from Courtesy Nissan the other day and got to put it in today. I took pictures for all to see. I need a helping hand on how to post pics. It took me about 30 to 45 min. to put in. The kit is super easy to do. I can make directions for anyone that may need help. It is a pretty straight forward job. If you have any questions just ask.
Modified by VersaMitch at 12:50 PM 6/16/2007

The Edge
Car: Nissan Versa SL Magnetic Grey 6 Speed MT Convenience Package

ace rothstein 81
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL, fresh powder, CVT

I will definitely be very interested to see pictures of these as I am debating over whether or not to go the same route as you.

Go to http://www.photobucket.com and set up and account then use the url they give you for each picture and do it like so:

left bracket: [ "img" right bracket: ] website url left bracket: [ backslash / "img" right bracket: ]

That should work for you. It worked for the picture I am using as my signature.

The Edge

whats up with the pics

VersaMitch

I should have them up today.

VersaMitch

Here is the Kit:Here is the stock harness:Here is where the switch goes:Here is the rest of my pics for you to enjoy:

coxcj
Car: 07 Versa SL HB Sapphire, conv pkg, audio pkg, sunroof, 5/07 mfg date, 6/2/07 purchase

Wow!

Now that looks like a mod that I might be able to handle. I'll make sure that's on my list of things to talk with my dealer about when I get my iPod adapter.

Demonspawn
Car: 2007 Sapphire Blue Versa HB SL/CVT Tech Pkg, 1998 Mustang

You Da Man!Thanx Mitch!

ThirstyRoss

In case anyone is wondering, I just talked to my dealer here in Toronto, they quoted the OEM Fogs at $227CDN per lamp (so $454CDN total), plus installation, which their service department quoted at 2 to 3 hours (they weren't sure since they've never done the install on a Versa yet) @ $98CDN per hour.

Parts: $454CDNInstall: $198 - $294CDN-----Total: $652 - $748CDN

VersaMitch: Did you do the installation yourself, and how hard was it?

VersaMitch

I did the Installation myself. It was so easy. I did it in about 30 min. I have a SL so the wiring was already there. All you have to do is swap the switch and stick the lights in and plug them in. It is as easy as it sounds. BTW- I got mine from Courtesy Nissan in Texas and it was around $300 for everything and $12 to ship.

Demonspawn

how difficult is it to get the cover off of the steering wheel anything special a person should know?

VersaMitch

There is three screws underneath. Remove those and then you have to "pop" it apart. I used a flat screw driver and wedged it in and then twisted it. To lower the bottom have, take off the ring around the ignition. That's the thing that says On Off ACC.... You can pull that part off easily.That's it!

Demonspawn

Sweeeet! Thanx!

ace rothstein 81
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL, fresh powder, CVT

VersaMitch,How does the replacement switch work for the OEM fogs?

Just turn the headlights on with the far left part of the switch, then turn on the fogs with a separate knob on that same switch?

KimberKenobi
Car: the Camel

I love it!!!

sadly... I don't think I can spend $300 right now... :o/ I still haven't told Josh I'm doing the stripes now... hahahahahahahaha

The Edge

I won't be buying these until the price drops below $300. $330 is way too much Courtesy is taking advantage of it being a new model vehicle. They sell the same kit for the Xterra for like $280. I bought the sunshade for the V for $27 and 2 weeks later it went down to $21. I figure most people buying these will be from this forum so I say lets all avoid buying these and hopefully the price will drop soon.

ThirstyRoss

Yeah, I certainly can't justify well over four hundred dollars (Canadian) for the fogs.

I do want them, but not that badly.

Demonspawn

i think they should have already had fog lights on the V

i do not understand why they didnt put them on in the first place since it is already prewirded for it on the SL model it would not have added that much to the price since it would be a real easy install while at the factory.

COVersaSL
Car: 2007 Versa SL Sedan

They're cool, but I dunno about $300 bucks cool??

ThirstyRoss

Oh, I could have gotten them from the factory, but that would have meant getting the "sport" package, of which there weren't any around when I was buying

Demonspawn

the sports pkg was not even available when i got mine

Concord

I wouldn't hold your breath on a price reduction. I've never seen Nissan reduce parts prices and I've been driving them since 1990. $330.00 is pricey but it looks better than any aftermarket and not wiring in some cheesy radio shack rocker switch is priceless.

The Edge

Concord wrote:I wouldn't hold your breath on a price reduction. I've never seen Nissan reduce parts prices and I've been driving them since 1990. $330.00 is pricey but it looks better than any aftermarket and not wiring in some cheesy radio shack rocker switch is priceless.
they reduced the price on the sun shade. If those fogs stay stale on the shelf, they will reduce the price

Concord

Really?How much was the shade originally and what was the price drop?

VersaMitch

$300 might be too expensive for some people. I want to have a clean car setup. I have no wires showing and no hack job for a fog light switch. The covers over the lights are perfect also. I didn't have to dremel them out. It's all up to if you want to have a nice ride or some Autozone kit.

On another note, I went with the Fujita Intake. It sounds great and makes the V a lot peppier.

KimberKenobi
Car: the Camel

I commend custom jobs, but I agree with VM on this one. I love the switch that you get!!

Demonspawn

i agree OEM switch is better than "field engineered" lol

COVersaSL
Car: 2007 Versa SL Sedan

My setup is clean, my switch looks good and my holes are clean, I think that it is probably worth $300 if you don't have any skillz of your own. I don't think I have seen one self install "hack job" yet. It's all up to if you have skillz or you want to put out the money because you don't.

The Edge

Concord wrote:Really?How much was the shade originally and what was the price drop?
Originally they were 28 and now they are 21

VersaMitch

I know I have the "skillz" as I was able to drop in a SR20DET in my old 200sx SE-R, but I just chose to go with a kit.

Don't forget that you PAID for wiring in your V. I know that I wanted to utilize what I already had paid for.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”