OEM Double DIN dash kit for non-BOSE systems??

All things Altima Coupe.
121traffic
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 3.5SE, Radiant Silver

Hi guys, been lurking here at NICO for a while....just kind of soaking up the info. This is a great forum! I bought an 08 A/C in radiant silver last month, 3.5 6MT. I am really trying to keep the exterior clean and stock looking, so I've only done Xentec 5000K HIDs (thanks to whoever here did the write up!) and 15% tint all around. I plan on keeping the wheels, etc. I do need some sticky tires to wrap on them though.

I opted out of the premium and tech packages. I am not a fan of leather. I wish I could have opted out of the leather and taken the rest of the premium. I also didn't want the tech because I wanted aftermarket nav. I've settled on the Navi that I want, but I was really bummed at the quality of the aftermarket dash kits out there. I read rjdmmfl1's write up on his Avic install and was very impressed! I consoled myself with plans to get the nav and cover the cheap plastic kit with brushed aluminum. My first choice, though, is to keep the stock texture, but I didn't think that was possible.

That is until I found this post on another forum. This guy posted a picture and link to an OEM double DIN dash kit that will only fit the non-premium climate controls...not the auto climate. Anyone had any experience with this? Is it too good to be true? Like I said...I like the OEM look and texture, and if this is really OEM double DIN, I think I'm set!

Again, thanks for reading my first post...great forum!

rjdmmfl1
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe, Radiant Silver, 3.5SE, Premium Package, VDC

121traffic wrote:Hi guys, been lurking here at NICO for a while....just kind of soaking up the info. This is a great forum! I bought an 08 A/C in radiant silver last month, 3.5 6MT. I am really trying to keep the exterior clean and stock looking, so I've only done Xentec 5000K HIDs (thanks to whoever here did the write up!) and 15% tint all around. I plan on keeping the wheels, etc. I do need some sticky tires to wrap on them though.

I opted out of the premium and tech packages. I am not a fan of leather. I wish I could have opted out of the leather and taken the rest of the premium. I also didn't want the tech because I wanted aftermarket nav. I've settled on the Navi that I want, but I was really bummed at the quality of the aftermarket dash kits out there. I read rjdmmfl1's write up on his Avic install and was very impressed! I consoled myself with plans to get the nav and cover the cheap plastic kit with brushed aluminum. My first choice, though, is to keep the stock texture, but I didn't think that was possible.

That is until I found this post on another forum. This guy posted a picture and link to an OEM double DIN dash kit that will only fit the non-premium climate controls...not the auto climate. Anyone had any experience with this? Is it too good to be true? Like I said...I like the OEM look and texture, and if this is really OEM double DIN, I think I'm set!

Again, thanks for reading my first post...great forum!
To my knowledge, there is no OEm double din dash kit that will perfectly fit an aftermarket navigation. Someone here used the OEM double din console piece (and the OEM brakets) that comes with the tech package. However, because the opening on the OEM double din console is wider than aftermarket nav units, he had to get his installer to customize the piece to fit his unit. It is NOT direct plug and play, so to speak.

There does exist a one piece double din center console peice for aftermarket units, but it is NOT OEM. It is from another manufacturer...

here it ishttp://cgi.ebay.com/Car-Radio-...wItem

ssjones
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5SL Sedan

Isn't that a single DIN unit? It looks identical to the Metra kit I installed with my Pioneer. From Crutchfield, this kit was free with purchase. $40 seems pretty high.
rjdmmfl1 wrote:There does exist a one piece double din center console peice for aftermarket units, but it is NOT OEM. It is from another manufacturer...

here it ishttp://cgi.ebay.com/Car-Radio-...wItem

rjdmmfl1

1. No its not necessarilry a single din unit, you just need to cut off the center bar if you plan on using it in a double din fashion. If you have a metra, you should recall that you had to do that with the metra kit also, that is if you installed it yourself. If you got someone else to install it, then that's what they had to do.

2. That picture you posted, was that supposed to be a different one from the one I posted or the same.

3. It may look like the metra kit, but its different in a few ways, namelythe kit on the link I posted was a single piece, the metra kit has interchangeable pieces for the climate control and single/double din opening.

4. Actually, after looking at it again, it looks NOTHING like the metra kit. The pieces don't fit together like that on the metra kit. Its also not a scosche kit because the scosche kit comes in two pieces.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWDVW

this is the metra kit

ssjones
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5SL Sedan

Gotcha, just pop that bar out.

I'd love to be able to use the factory cover for the NAV unit and fit a pocket to make it work with a single DIN, but the pocket doesn't seem to be available. The Metra kit is OK, but has mentioned on other thread doesn't match the textured Nissan plastic very well. I've grown used to it, but if another option popped up, I'd try for something nicer.
rjdmmfl1 wrote:1. No its not necessarilry a single din unit, you just need to cut off the center bar if you plan on using it in a double din fashion. If you have a metra, you should recall that you had to do that with the metra kit also, that is if you installed it yourself. If you got someone else to install it, then that's what they had to do.

2. That picture you posted, was that supposed to be a different one from the one I posted or the same.

3. It may look like the metra kit, but its different in a few ways, namelythe kit on the link I posted was a single piece, the metra kit has interchangeable pieces for the climate control and single/double din opening.

4. Actually, after looking at it again, it looks NOTHING like the metra kit. The pieces don't fit together like that on the metra kit. Its also not a scosche kit because the scosche kit comes in two pieces.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWDVW

this is the metra kit

niztec
Car: 2008 AlTIMA COUPE

crutchfield's dash kit should fit the double din decks, or so i heard...

rjdmmfl1

niztec wrote:crutchfield's dash kit should fit the double din decks, or so i heard...
if you're talking about this...http://www.crutchfield.com/App...97423

that's not a "crutchfield" kit, its the metra kit, and its the same one that we've been discussing ...honestdee on ebay sells the same thing for the same price, but they also bundle theirs with the antenna adapter and vehicle wiring harness for cheaper than what it would cost from crutchfield

121traffic

Sorry all! Here is the link I meant to put in my frst post.

http://www.nissanclub.com/foru....html

The OP provides links to get the supposedly OEM double DIN panel. It leads to a part supplier with diagrams only. I was skeptical until I saw the included pics of install. I can't really make out the texture, but the color seems to be OEM. Thoughts?

121traffic

BUMP. Anyone?

Also, mods can this be moved to the new audio forum?

niztec
Car: 2008 AlTIMA COUPE

rjdmmfl1 wrote:
if you're talking about this...http://www.crutchfield.com/App...97423

that's not a "crutchfield" kit, its the metra kit, and its the same one that we've been discussing ...honestdee on ebay sells the same thing for the same price, but they also bundle theirs with the antenna adapter and vehicle wiring harness for cheaper than what it would cost from crutchfield
but lets just say you buy a deck, it will already come with the dash kit and both wiring harness (to the deck and antenna) thats what they said when i called them up and they said it will fit perfectly...so idk....

does crutchfield know what theyre talking about??

rjdmmfl1

niztec wrote:but lets just say you buy a deck, it will already come with the dash kit and both wiring harness (to the deck and antenna) thats what they said when i called them up and they said it will fit perfectly...so idk....

does crutchfield know what theyre talking about??
umm, sometimes the reps do, and sometimes they don't... I've heard that when crutchfield sells units, they sometimes provide the antenna adapter, wiring harness, not sure about the dash kit.. but if they do sell a dash kit, it is definately not a crutchfield kit, but rather the metra or scosche kits!

rjdmmfl1

****UPDATE****

In another post, SNEF sent links to the OEM double din dash kit. This kit matches the exact texture of the car as it actually comes from the Nissan factory! It looks perfect!

stsxcrle

Robert,

Do you have a link to where this can be ordered? Or is it direct from Nissan only?

kuhan
Car: 2008 350Z Enthusiast 6-speed

stsxcrle wrote:Robert,

Do you have a link to where this can be ordered? Or is it direct from Nissan only?
http://www.trademotion.com/par...gid=0

stsxcrle

Ok, Just for clarification, I thought Robert was talking about a double din kit that would work without mods for aftermarket nav systems AND look stock.

He has said that the stock kit will not fit aftermarket components because it's too wide, those links are to the "stock" unit which will not accept an aftermarket nav without mods, correct?

Did I just misunderstand and he was talking about these or does Nissan make a kit that would accept standard aftermarket nav units?

Edit: ****Re-read his post, that's exactly what he was talking about. Got thrown off by the SNEF****

In any case, thanks for posting the link.

snef
Car: Altima 2.5s 2007 super black with convenient package

hi,

this parts number will fit with any aftermarket HU or NAVthe parts number is "68260-JA00A" and its for manual climate control only

if you get the one with the automated climate control, yess the opening is to wide and the parts number for this one is "68260-JA02A"

for exemple and i no modification needed, its plug and play lolllthis is my old HU/NAV, (pioneer Avic-D3)

and with my new HU (Pioneer Avic-Z110BT) i install it this morning

as you see, all Hu will fit perfectlybut if you want a single din Hu you need the pocket partnumber 16 on this linkshttp://www.trademotion.com/par...gid=0

Modified by snef at 2:23 PM 10/22/2009

stsxcrle

Awesome, thanks for the info.

Looks great btw very clean install I like it.

RaiderKID
Car: 2.5 Percision Grey Altima Coupe

Hi how did install the Avic d3 with the stock dash kit?please e mail me at [email protected]. thanks! I would really apreciate it.

mzinsmeister
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5

I use the same oem dash but for a single din works great and looks better then all the other kits I used..

razah9

borgelpe
Car: Infinity FX35

Did you have to use anything other than your original brackets? Such as the factory Nav unit brackets, etc?

flight1001
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5SE

bumppp!i would also like to know whether i need the nav bracket or i will be fine with the stock radio bracket

zilla19

You can reuse your stock brackets.

rursid
Car: '08 Altima Coupe 2.5s

where did you get that splash screen? can you send that image file to me?i spent 2 hours already to find a good splash screen but i havent seen the nice one as yours!

flight1001
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5SE

bumpppp i love that splash screen too can you please post a link so i can download it?

DJ_B_Easy
Car: 2017 GMC Sierra All Terrain X

ssjones wrote:Gotcha, just pop that bar out.

I'd love to be able to use the factory cover for the NAV unit and fit a pocket to make it work with a single DIN, but the pocket doesn't seem to be available. The Metra kit is OK, but has mentioned on other thread doesn't match the textured Nissan plastic very well. I've grown used to it, but if another option popped up, I'd try for something nicer.
Universal DIN tray from Crutchfield, a little work with a Dremmel, and you are all set with single DIN HU. The Metra kit is GARBAGE. Looks like trash, doesnt fit properly, hinders proper function of HVAC buttons. Go the OEM route if you can.

Dave154
Car: 2010 A/C SR CVT
Factory Bose w/o Nav

:BUMPP: There is no OEM double din dash kit for the auto climate controls. There is the option of an OEM factory Nav spacing however I know there is a 1/4" gap on either side when an after market NAV is installed. Has anyone tried using a dremel to cut the manual climate control bottom portion off the OEM double-DIN and attach the lower half of the auto climate control opening? :facepalm: If that doesn't make sense let me know. However if anyone's tried this let me know how it went, post pictures even.. : )

AppleBonker
Car: Useful: 2011 Black Nissan Titan Pro-4x
Daily: 2003 Accord EX-L Coupe
Hers: 2014 Rogue SL AWD

That option wont work as you actually have to replace some material. That was one of the first things I investigated. There will be a gap on both sides as the manual controls are slightly wider than the auto controls. Hopefully these pictures show what I'm talking about:

altima89
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

snef wrote:hi,

this parts number will fit with any aftermarket HU or NAVthe parts number is "68260-JA00A" and its for manual climate control only

if you get the one with the automated climate control, yess the opening is to wide and the parts number for this one is "68260-JA02A"

for exemple and i no modification needed, its plug and play lolllthis is my old HU/NAV, (pioneer Avic-D3)

and with my new HU (Pioneer Avic-Z110BT) i install it this morning

as you see, all Hu will fit perfectlybut if you want a single din Hu you need the pocket partnumber 16 on this linkshttp://www.trademotion.com/par...gid=0

Modified by snef at 2:23 PM 10/22/2009
Hey, my name is Reshad and im new to the forum. Im interested on the oem double din dash kit for my clarion. I tried the link that was posted on the page trademotion.com but i couldnt find anything. Can you guys help me send the link or something and how much is it. Thank You

DJ_B_Easy
Car: 2017 GMC Sierra All Terrain X

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”