Oem brakes.

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Last mad long.

I think I had 1 pair replaced a long time ago. I trusted them that they needed a change. Putting my trust in a dealership, yah right.

Anyways, both front and rear pads had so much material that it could of lasted another 10 yrs.

The squeal alert thing was so far back it looked almost new as if I only put 2000 miles, not nearly 100,000 miles.

That’s how new they looked but grimey as heck.

I did read about this a long ago that oem Nissan brakes last long and with the engine braking and not being heavy footed, I concur that my oem brakes has lasted more than the thousand of cvts that had failed in the last decade.

Only reason I changed them was I didn’t like this minimal stuck feeling I was getting. Probably after a decade of use and not cleaning or really maintaining; as in lubing or removing greasy dirt.

It still had great pressure on the brake pedal and outstanding braking power to this day.

Moreover, I changed it thinking all the brake material was low after 10 years, I was 100% wrong on that.

My original complaint has been minimized and it feels much better.

Now I am having fun bedding the brakes which the kids in the back seat are really enjoying! :woot:

DTASFAB

I'll drive for a while if you want to get in the cargo area and bounce around a little.

I read here that the braking system was weak and suffered warped rotors due to the design being for a Sentra, which is about 600 pounds lighter. But that wasn't my experience. I had the pads and rotors done around 52K with EBC aftermarket parts, and those have held up just as well up to 69K as the original OEM brakes. Never had any warped rotor problems with either set.

casperfun

The old rotors looked good too, but after sitting on a pile of rocks outside, there is rust film all over them.

The new oem Nissan front rotors has a slight rust ring near its center. As usual as this is normal. And most rust goes away where the brake pads contact the normal part of the rotor area. Ugly looking though, thank god I don’t really look at my rotors before. Lolz!

Fortunately, I couldn’t find oem Nissan rear rotors online, so I got some EBC premiere rotors on Amazon that has the center painted black which has a better look than the nissan’s! Wayyyyyyyy better looking by a mile.

Oem is great but ugly. Well from a Nissan authorized online dealership. True oem I assume at that.

Rogue Jarhead
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue Krom

I had to replace my fronts at about 35k however the rears lasted till around 85k. I like brembo or Bosch rotors with Bosch quietcast pads. The less chinese the better.

casperfun

Rogue Jarhead wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:22 pm
I had to replace my fronts at about 35k however the rears lasted till around 85k. I like brembo or Bosch rotors with Bosch quietcast pads. The less chinese the better.
Those are great products too, but I decided on trying to find oem because I’m not a racer performance type of driver, and they said oem is best at times.

And just remembered, that was the reason I asked my dealership to change one pair brakes in the early years because they were squealing. And thought that they were bad. But it couldn’t be because of missing brake material because these last so long. Anyways, I was ignorant about this stuff back then.

They probably had so much brake material back then too.

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

I am on the cheapo Nissan brake pads, and I have gotten more miles out of these cheapo brake pads on the rears than I did with OEM expensive Nissan pads. So far I got 52k miles more on the cheapos than the expensive ones. However I got roughly 74k miles on the original OEM pads for the fronts.

Return to “Rogue Forum”