Odometer glitch or error code?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
TrickyTerp

For the second time in about a month, there was a weird happening with my 08 Rogue's odometer. While driving, I hear a short beep and notice all digits of the odometer are reading 'o' (the bottom half of an 8). I'm paging thru the manual and searching the interwebs and can't seem to find what this means.

Anyone have any clues?

philipa_240sx

It could be a problem with the instrument panel dimmer switch. Read pg 2-28 of you owners manual:
Turn the control A to adjust the brightness ofthe instrument panel lights. The brightness indicator B will be shown briefly in the vehicle information display when the control is turned. When the brightness level reaches the maximum or minimum, a beep will sound.
The brightness indicator is the odometer reading showing all oooooo, just like you describe. The number of ooooo shown indicates the brightness level. The beep is it hitting the min or max setting.

I would play with the brightness setting knob. Rotating the control a few times may fix an intermittent contact etc. If not, the dealer is your other option... hopefully they can reproduce the problem.

TrickyTerp

Thanks Philip, nice catch. I'll look into this afternoon!

Return to “Rogue Forum”