Odd tire wear

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

I have some odd tire wear on my rear tires. The inside tread is worn down and so is the center tread. There is a space of tread that is still fairly good between the inside tread and center tread and then all of the outside tread is still decent. The center looks as if the tire was overinflated, but my tire pressure was always good and not over inflated unless the numbers were wrong. I am assuming that the inside tread wear is from the amount of camber in the rear.

Can anyone explain how the wear could be like this? I will try to take a pic of it tonight if I can and post it up here tomorrow for you guys to take a look at if that would help.

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

Here are a couple of pics of the rear tires.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Hmmm, you may need to invest in a better tire pressure gauge. you are correct, these do look a bit like they were over-inflated. On the other hand, if you got 30k miles out of them, then the issue may be moot! :D

I'd certainly consider getting an alignment done to check out the camber, etc.

Z

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

I'd get the alignment checked. Particularly the toe settings. Too much toe out will accelerate the inside edge of a tire quickly, especially coupled with some camber (Which most multi-link suspensions do have).

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”