Odd Rear Wiper Behavior

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
commanderclif
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue / 2013 Nissan Quest

Last week my rear wiper on my 2009 Rogue started acting weird. When you turn the car on it will do about 1 and half wipes and then freeze wherever it is. It will stay there till the car is turned off and then when turned back on do like one and a half wipes and freeze. So most times its pointing upward or in some other position of its arc that is not the normal start/stop point.

Last night while driving I test the spray-and-wipe feature and it sprayed and started wiping and then froze. Trying to turn the rear wiper on to run did nothing, no movement. And using the spray feature just sprayed the fluid and no wipe.

Any ideas where the problem might be originating from? Obviously not a fuse situation but would rather start with something on that level before jumping straight to replacing the motor in the rear hatch.

THANKS!

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Sounds like the auto-park switch inside the motor assembly is shot.

commanderclif

Thanks! I found a full motor replacement with a 90 day warranty on Ebay for a fraction of the cost of a new one so worth a try!

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

You're most welcome. Let us know how it works out.

commanderclif

Meant to reply back to this a few weeks ago (hello again VStar, thanks again for all your help on my other issue!) When I did the clock spring I did this motor replacement as well. Worked like a charm and this is all fixed. The only issue I had was getting the wiper arm to come off the splines of the motor axle. It just wouldn't budge. In the end, I used a hack saw to cut through the axel between the arm and the rear window. Then I used a C-camp and a socket head to position the cut off portion of the axle inside the socket head so I could press it out from the wiper arm so that I didn't have to replace it. Took a good amount of force with the clamp but got it to pop out. Thanks again for the assist!

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

You're most welcome as always, happy motoring!

Return to “Rogue Forum”