Odd Nav Issue

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
yustonuser
Car: EX35

All - my wife and I have found an odd issue with our Nav system in the EX that I wondered whether others have noticed. When you search for a Point of Interest by name (say a local restaurant) when you hit Enter, it shows you that restaurant in several other cities nearby and you need to scroll to find the city you live in?! It will show us Dallas and New Orleans restaurants and we need to scroll to click on the one 2 miles a way. IS there a setting I missed? I checked through all of the Nav settings and did not see one.

On my Garmin, it knows we are in Houston and only shows local choices.

Anyone else notice this or know how to fix?

Thanks

GoVols
Car: EX 35 Journey

I don't know the fix but I have had the same problem. After a few letters it gives me choices for restaurants in other states but not locally and will not let me type in other choices. I prefer the Garmin and often take it along because I can use it while the car is in motion.

Kenike
Car: EX AWD

Mine worked fine. It showed places nearby. I tried gas stations, resturants and hotels. Though it did not show all of the hotels nearby.

Now I did change the region from pacific southwest to northeast, NY area.Maybe you need to do that first?

Happy2Drive
Car: '08 Infiniti EX Journey AWD Dark Currant w/Chestnut Interior, Lux Elite, Premium, Nav & Tech Pkgs

Atop the list page screen there should be an option for "by Distance," or something similar; press that "button" on the screen to list your POIs in order of closest-to-furthest.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”