ODB II -> Nissan Remote

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
Tommi
Car: Nissan Versa 2009 Hatchback

Hey

first of all hi to everyone - I am new in the forum, just got my 09 Nissan Versa and like it so far!

One issue I have since I bought it is that the trunk will not open. I guess that is some sort of common problem, judging from the posts in here. For fun I got one of those bluetooth ODB II adapters and also the "Nissan Remote Lite" app. I was quite surprised to see that with the app I can actually open my trunk. :dblthumb: I don't use the trunk that often, so I think I will stick with the solution rather than spending $$ on a mechanic.

The only thing I am worried is about security. I mean the pairing code for the Bluetooth dongle was 1234. Does this mean everyone could get access to my car? I still did not comprehensive testing when it will work and when not. When I got out of the car at some point and locked the doors, I could still connect and open the trunk. Not very good? Anyone else tried this.

Anyways, I thought I'd share my experiences, maybe it saves some of you the trip to the mechanic if you can live with that workaround...

Tommi

Return to “Versa General Chat”