OD light flashes 16 times (93 quest)

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
Paultk
Car: 1993 Nissan Quest

On my 93 quest, the “OD off” light comes on when I start or turn the key to on- and then does 16 quick flashes. My understanding is that this is a code to tell me about a transmission issue and the number of flashes indicates the issue. I tried getting the ODM-1 diagnosis to see if that would also give a code, but the only one I get from that is for the O2 sensor which I’m pretty sure doesn’t have anything to do with the transmission.

Can anyone tell me what the 16 flashes is code for?

Questfan
Car: ???

I had this problem in my 97 and it was dirty fluid causing the shifting solenoids to gum up. Fixed it by doing 2 or 3 drain and fills on the transmission. Drive it a day or two in between changes. I think it was "solenoid line pressure" or something if you read the code then look up the # it gives you.

Questfan
Car: ???

Your issue may be different though. I was having slipping shift issues into OD and this fixed it.

Paultk
Car: 1993 Nissan Quest

Yeah, based on some other issues (it doesn’t seem to want to shift into third and can’t go over 30), I’m thinking/ hoping it’s a solenoid. I have a “parts” Quest” with a seized block, and I switched the whole valve body (you have to take it out to switch the solenoids, anyway- so just switching Solenoids would have been extra steps) . Taking it on a test drive tomorrow.

Wish me luck.

Return to “Quest Forum”