October Indy Thread

Including IL, IN, KY, TN, MI, and OH
Cold_Zero
Car: 2003 (3.5) Altima SE & 2005 Pathfinder

It appears that the Indy meet this weekend was a hit. I would like to suggest organizing a local Indy Nissan and Infiniti to be held once a month at a set time. Nothing too elaborate as a full-blown NICO weekend event, but just a get together to hang out and talk about cars! Hopefully this will bring more enthusiasts out to meetings, who may feel uncomfortable attending a meet out of town and have a fear of not knowing any of us. We can still plan our bigger NICO meets in addition to this meeting as weather and time permits. Since we have entered fall and winter is fast approaching, we may not get to chance to do what we did this weekend. I suggest going to a restaurant and hanging out after work for a few hours to talk shop. We can move the location each time to different places around town to keep people from always having to drive all the way across town. As the weather gets nice again we can branch out into racing and outdoor events. I would really like to hear your ideas. Do we need to branch this out to a North Central monthly meeting? So I am starting the first “Monthly Indy Thread” and hopefully each month we can start a new one.

Bud

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Bud :Good luck from the louisville crew.We have always appreciated the Indy folks attendenace at our meets.

I do have some advice though;Dont rotate the meet locations too much, keep it to one or two well-known/easy to find locations.so everyone knows where they are and dont have to chase unknown locations in a large metropolis.That can often make the difference between going and not going (if its a close descision)

Just my perspective as a long time "meets guy."

Fred...:)

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

Good thought Fred. I never really thought of people having to figure out were we are meeting if they hadn't really kept up with the thread.

Bud, Wes emailed me about the same thing earlier today or it may have been last night. Not sure really since I didn't get in until about 4am. But it seems like everyone is coming up with the same idea at the same time.

Cold_Zero

rydwhite wrote: But it seems like everyone is coming up with the same idea at the same time.

Then we should probably go to the next phase and start organizing something. Lets hammer out a time of the month that is convient for people to attend. Would a week day evening work better or a weekend? I would like to get some input from everyone. Andy, Wes, George, Darren, Christine, what do you guys think?

jEzTeR
Car: 07 FX35 - 02 Altima 3.5se - 93 240sx Hatch

Hey Bud,I would also like to add that it can be hard to set a one certain day and time each month.I know that the scubie people have had luck with that but we never did.It worked out better for us to have one person just decide what day to have the meet then organize it from there.Saturdays work best for most people.

I like the idea of having the Louisville people come to Indy one month and then have the Indy people come to Louisville the next month.That way we can have a pretty large group.

I think that Nov. and Dec. are hard months to get together due to all of the hollidays.Then Jan. the weather is so poopie.So those would be good times for you people to get together up there.Maby in March or so the Louisville crowd can come see what you all have going on.

Cold_Zero

The monthly NASIOC and ICLUB meetings have been pretty successful. They take no planning, except for coming up with ideas in the thread and they are not limited due to weather (even though we should go racing in the snow!). I like the idea of having it on a certain day, that way it is easier to plan and you don’t have people missing the meets because they forgot or could not get off from work. But I would like to hear from the Indy and North Central Indiana people to see what they think. I know we are flexible and if things don’t quite work out, we can change things around. It would be cool to get together one Saturday and do some cleaning, maintenance and possible modification of our Nissans and Infinitis. Or we can do some fun things like going down to IRP and race the G35's or going down to Rustic Gardens and playing some putt-putt. Obviously with the weather starting to get cooler, we should probably stick to indoor activities. Anyone up for going to Pop Guns and squeezing off a few rounds of ammo?

bud

UncleBen
Car: '05 G35 Sedan Sport, '98 240sx LE auto, '95 240sx SE auto,

Let me know definately. I am still telling myself I am going to get my car on the road and make some meets. I need new front torsion bars in the front, my front tires are flat-spotted, my right front wheel is bent, and my clutch/trany are sucking right now (in the shop gettin worked on, heh). If you decide you want to stickie a thread, let me know. I love doing that stuff, heheh.

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

I like those ideas........

Id like to wait for some more people to respond, that way we can find a more central location for EVERYONE in Indy.....

If its alright, I could *maybe* get some guys from cadillacforums to come over....... Maybe, maybe not, but they got some bad-arse caddys.......

I like the idea of helping people out to do stuff to their car...... I have one major project I gotta do, and with quite a few NICONAUTS to help me, im sure we could get it done in an afternoon.......

I think there are a few guys from N indiana......

As the winter comes, we are gonna have to do indoor stuff...... Im sure we'll come up with something.....

And it is my goal next year to come to as many NICO meets as I can..... That last one was just too much fun!!!!

I also think that we shouldnt set the same date every month....... In a perfect world, this is great....... But with all of our conflicting schedules, it might be a bit too hard......

I would assume it wouldnt be till march until we can have another big NICO meet.........

Cold_Zero

These meetings would not replace the NICO meets.

Invite your Caddy friends. To be honest, we get a few EVO guys during our Impreza meetings. Enthusiasts are enthusiasts.

The reason why I suggested a set time for this meeting is to provide some constistancy to the concept of a get together. If its at random times with no set pattern, there will be confusion as to when we have them and there is a greater chance of us to miss having one. If its at a set time, the get together can be anticipated and planned accordingly. We could set it by the week in the month. Say, the get together would occure the first week of every month? Then we can decide on the thread what day we have it on.

What are some of the things you want to do Wes? We can start planning now.

bud

Cold_Zero

To be honest, we have already talked this thing to death and tried to make it harder than it really has to be. Typically with my other meets we just throw stuff out there and decide what to do. Sometimes its going to Dale's house to do an install day and we work on 5 or more scoobies at a time. Other times we just go out and get dinner after work. Then talk cars afterwards. Other times they go to the SCCA autocrosses and caravan there. We have gone to IRP, BW's, you name it.

Lets do something the first full week of November. Since the end of November will be tied up with family get togethers and probably bad weather. Anyone have any suggestions?

cwc2k1
Car: Stock Kouki in mint cond. RIP....now Zenki ridin...

Well, as long as it doesn't involve me trying to drive to Louisville, count me in. I also said this about the meet and unfortunately was unable to make it, had to work last minute. Sry. Anyways, I would love to have a meet every month especially since I missed the one Saturday. As long as the ole accord can make it, I would definately be there provided I didn't have anything currently planned. Because of this I think we should have a scheduled week or day every month. This would make planning alot easier and reassure that people would be able to make it. I vote for anyday except for Wednesday and Saturday (school and work). Also, I'm not very familair with Indy so I can't really suggest specific meeting location unless someone was willing to hold a gathering at their place.

rydwhite

I can't do Monday, Wednesday, Friday or Saturday until after the first of the year, class on M and W and prescheduled drinking every Friday night. Saturday is the night I have a life with friends and dates, so Saturdays wouldn't work well either. That leaves me with Tuesday or Thursday basically. Of course that is always subject to change.

99WhiteSE

Hello, this is Matt I had the '99 White Pearl Max that was there this last Saturday. I would be really interested in meeting on a monthly basis. I am not sure if there is anything imparticular that I have to do to participate in NICO meets? However, setting a particular week that the meet will take place in the month would be a great idea. That way everyone knows about when it would take place. As for a meeting place maybe somewhere in the Castleton area would be a good place since it seemed most people were from the northern part of the city. Just some suggestions and sorry if I am overstepping my bounds here with the suggestions and just being at one meet and all.

Cold_Zero

Matt,The only thing you need to do is send 49.95 via cashier’s check or money order to Bud Shipe 6701... just kidding. The only thing you need to do is just show up, hang out and have fun. I like your idea of Castleton. There is plenty to do and it’s located near two interstates. What do you all think? And by no means are you overstepping your bounds. You are just as much a part of NICO than I or any other member.

rydwhite

Castelton area works for me I guess. I know that Wes is from up around Anderson, so it would work better for him. Let me try to get some of the G35 people to chime in too. But, I am sure that Castelton/Keystone area would work for everyone.

elwesso
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Castleton would be fine...... I dont really care where the event is, although I dont want to have to pay every time!!!!

Bud...... I need to do these things (all of which have MAJOR overlap.....Plenum cleaning (removal)Valve cover resealTB cleaningknock sensor replacementPossibly hose replacement (im gonna check on that)......

I suppose I took it the wrong way...... That is, I thought you wanted to pick a certain day (IE the 4th) of a month and do it every time...... I like the idea of naming the week and then we decide on the day.......

Im not a big fan of weekdays..... I could do it, but weekends are usually better for me, and for everyone......

99WhiteSE

Well, thanks and Bud that check is on its way...LOL I won't probably make it that first week of November because I am taking the CPA exam on that Wed and Thur and will be out of town the next week for work. But let me know about the December meet!

Altiman94
Car: Paintball, cars, outdoor sports

I want a meet in Iowa. I always have to drive like 5-7 hours for the nearest meet. Let's get one going here.

rydwhite

Altiman94 wrote:I want a meet in Iowa. I always have to drive like 5-7 hours for the nearest meet. Let's get one going here.

Hey, go ahead and get one started. I'm sure some people wouls come out.

cwc2k1

Any new news or ideas on the indy meet??? I for one am a little excited since I missed the actual NICO meet. I want to see this thing happen. If I had my own house, I'd just invite everyone over...but living with dad in a small apt it's not an option....

Altiman94

who all would be interested in an Iowa meet?

Altiman94

I can get things set up. Possibly autocross, and/or 1/4 mile.

rydwhite

Altiman94, if you wouldn't mind, could you start a new thread for an Iowa meet.

Altiman94

sure thing.

elwesso
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

So have we decided anything?????

cwc2k1

I've decided that I will help in anyway I can which will not be alot considering I don't have a house and live in Bloomington about 50 miles south of Indy but if in some way I can be of some assistance and help this thing get going then someone let me know....

cwc2k1

Come on guys, any ideas/and or suggestions????

elwesso
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

I am awaiting also......

November is fast approaching, and Id like to get together at least once more before thanksgiving/christmas!!!!!

jEzTeR
Car: 07 FX35 - 02 Altima 3.5se - 93 240sx Hatch

This weekend was the last chance for an Oct meet.You need a Indy monthly meets thread.Start working on a Sat in Nov.The 2nd weekend would most likely be best.

Cold_Zero

How does this Saturday the 4th sound for everyone? If the weather will be nice, we can meet up at my house (65th and Pendleton Pike) and do some of the things that Wes wants to do to his Q45. I can also invite some Subaru guys to help out. If that does not work out (due to cold weather), we can travel up to Castleton and hang out. Anyone interested? Post it up and let me know.

bud

Return to “Central Region”