Oct. 18, Indy, Meet Directions and Info

Including IL, IN, KY, TN, MI, and OH
rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

The meet is taking place at Fort Benjamin Harrison State Park in Indianapolis. I will be there about 10 o'clock or so, start coming whenever you want. We will be meeting at either the Cherry Tree picnic area or the Delaware Picnic Area. When you enter the park follow the signs to the proper area. Take the first right and the cherry tree area is on the left, if you go straight you run into the Deleware area. My Red G35 coupe will be parked out there somewhere.

Directions to the park.

From I-65 North of Indy. Take the exit to I-865 which will lead to I-465 East. Take I-465 to exit 40 (56th St.) or exit 42 (Pendelton Pike). There is construction on 465 at 56th St. and I am not sure when the ramps are open. It doesn't really matter which exit you take. When you get off take either 56th or Pendelton Pike east to Post Rd. (about 3 miles, I think). Turn left (North) onto Post Road and follow it all the way to the Park Entrance. The entrance is easily marked and to the left, Post Rd. will come to an end at this point.

From I-69 North of Indy. Take the exit to I-465 south/east and follow the above directions.

From I-70 East of Indy. Take either the Post Rd. exit off of I-70 and go North to the park. Or, go to I-465 north and follow above directions.

From I-74 East of Indy. Exit onto I-465 North/East and follow above directions.

From I-65 South of Indy. Exit onto I-465 East and follow above directions.

I think you all get the point. The park is located on the east/north east side of Indy. It isn't difficult to find. For you out of towners, keep in mind that 465 is a big loop around the entire city and every interstate enters onto it at 2 locations (except for 69).

Here is a link to a map of the park and directions from the 56th St. exit off of 465.http://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake...l.pdf

Also don't forget, that there is a $4 fee for state cars and a $5 fee for out-of-state cars.

It is a very nice little park with hiking trails and a couple ponds and lake. The weather looks to be holding up nicely. High in the upper 50's to low 60's and partly sunny. At least that is what I have heard so far.

If you need more directions or want my cell number if you get lost, send me an email at [email protected].

I hope to see you all there.

Ryan

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Thanks ryan for posting these.......

Repo Man
Car: 2020 Frontier Pro4X
2003 Honda Accord

You rock dude. See you there!

jEzTeR
Car: 07 FX35 - 02 Altima 3.5se - 93 240sx Hatch

Whats the deal with Glenn rd?It is the parks address , but I dont see it on the park map?I see that I-465 to 56th st. then to post rd.(which looks to be the park entrance)

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

It is the address of the park office which is inside the park.

kevy8up

gets some pics guys....i wanted to be there but Im here at work.... :(

Return to “Central Region”