OBX Coilover kit

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
ash1y1
Car: Cars, Gadgets & Gizmos, Computers, Health, Travel

Are OBX coil overs any good? I'm sorry to be posting so many questions, but I really don't know much about these products, let alone my 95 240sx SE. Any thoughts and suggestions are much appreciated.

ash1y1
Car: Cars, Gadgets & Gizmos, Computers, Health, Travel

RWDnot RICE
Car: Wheels

If your looking for coilovers those probably look great to your wallet but in my expierience from hearing what others have expierienced the OBX are not that great as are most coilover suspention ktis out there. (the cheap ones that is)i would go with the Ground control set .they use Eiback prokit springs.

http://www.ground-control.com

you can get a set with some kyb agx adjustabel gas shocks for under $800.

of course you can order them seperatley for less.

rbboyl

I've been told they make ur ride really bad. They are not really good performance springs.

SpeedRacer1
Car: 1990 240SX, G35

Obx makes alot of all show products. If the only thing you care about is making your car look low then you can get them. The ride would be horrible and who knows how long they would last. You get what you pay for.

Emperor

OBX = APC. stay away.

MaineExport
Car: Quad racing, import cars and Trucks. Hunting, fishing whatever.

I have OBX stb's and they are very nice, strong, well built, and yes they have a little "SHOW" to them (funny thing is most of their products can't be seen). I also hear they have a decent short shifter. Beyond that I'm not sure how good their products are, but I've been happy with mine. Those coil-overs look alright, but ride quality will be deminished with ANY lowering kit, coil-over or otherwise. Most will improve handling and performance, but you will lose a certain amount of comfort. Just my thoughts on the issue.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”