Observations: My 2019 Q70L V 2009 M35

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

Just a few observations.
1) Surprisingly, the Bose surround stereo in my 2019 Q70L appears to be exactly the same as my 2007 and 2009 M35 models - 15 years with no changes, but it still sounds good.
2) I like the electric folding wing mirrors but they aren't automatic. I like the auto dimming fluid in them too.
3) The extra few inches in the "L" model reduces the 'humpy' body side design and I'm sure the longer wheelbase improves the ride over the reg Q70.
4) I like that the front turn indicators are separate from the DRLs - lots of cars have white DRLs that turn yellow for turn indicators (not a fan of that).
5) I miss the individual front armrests that slid forward and the articulating headrests - also the double sun shades above the windscreen - last seen in M35 / M45 models.
6) the electric pull-down boot lid is nice but most modern luxo sedans have fully electric boot lids.
7) I really like the 20 inch sport wheel and brake package. The previous owner put Ironman brand tires on it but I will replace them soon.
8) It took years and years but they finally provide lowering of BOTH side mirrors when in reverse.
9) The rear doors and trunk are auto close - why aren't the front doors?
In many posts, I have made my disappointment with Infiniti management and planning very clear. My 2009 M35 was longer, wider, and better looking than all models beginning with the 37 / 56 models. I was 99% sure that the 2009 would be my last Infiniti, but then there came the "L" version of the Q70. Q70s are very rarely seen in my area - definitely an endangered species and the Q70L is nearly unicorn status - very very seldom seen. I looked for nearly a year to find an "L" with all the options including the 14-speaker surround stereo. This one has every option and I had to drive across the entire state to Ft Myers to get it. Some pics while at the car spa after paint correction / ceramic coating:

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

"5) I miss the individual front armrests that slid forward and the articulating headrests - also the double sun shades above the windscreen - last seen in M35 / M45 models."

This was a big one for me too lol. Congrats on the purchase Larz!

kmiles
Car: 2015 Q70 3.7 AWD - Hermosa Blue
Sold - 2007 M35x

Congratulations on the new car Larz - I had figured that your next vehicle was going to be a Genesis. It looks great! I went from a 2007 M35X to a 2015 Q70AWD. While I really like my car, I miss all of the things that you describe above. We just bought a 2019 Lexus ES350 FSport for my wife and it has been a very interesting comparison. The Lexus rides a whole lot stiffer than her previous ES350 and adds a ton of features not on my Infiniti. The armrests on the door and in the center console are much better positioned and comfortable than on the Infiniti. It is also a much quieter car. This one came almost fully loaded and I really wish I had Apple CarPlay on my Q70. I added a $69 Ottobox which made the CarPlay wireless. The Infiniti feel more powerful and shifts smoother that the Lexus. The digital FSport dash is really cool and makes the Q70 dash look 10 years old. The other thing that is really sad on the Q70 is the cameras. The Lexus looks like is is 4K and the Infiniti looks like it is 20 year old grainy VGA. I still love driving my Infiniti, but I'm doubting my next car will be an Infiniti as I'm not going electric until there is decent infrastructure out there. If I were to buy a new car tomorrow, it would be a Genesis GV80 with the big engine.

Larz

Thanks Ilya and Kmiles! I looked for the compact flash slot (i had 3 different cards that I used in my 09M) but there was no slot! Then I noticed the USB ports in the center console. I tried connecting a card reader to the USB port in the car and BAM! It found it so now I have about 25 gigs pf music hand picked by me with a menu that shows up on the NAV screen with track / artist names in alphabetical order. The screen even displays the artwork for most of the tracks.
I will be changing the tires, It came with a brand called "ironman Imove Gen 2" which is made in China and is described as a 'budget A/S radial". it's offered for $69 at Pep Boys. Tire Rack doesn't even carry them, LOL. Walmart and Pep Boys seem to be the main sales force.
The size is 245/40/20 which is the OEM size. I need to check the tire / wheel comparison site to see if I can get a 255/40/20 tire and still have appropriate room.

kmiles
Car: 2015 Q70 3.7 AWD - Hermosa Blue
Sold - 2007 M35x

Here's what I found for a tire comparison: https://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Tire-Si ... 255-40R20

They're within 3% and with a slower 1.12% speed variance. I do not know what the exact rim width is for these wheels, but I think they are 20x9 inches with a 43 offset. If that is accurate, then the 255s should fit. Late last fall I installed a set of Michelin Pilot Sport AS4 245/40/20(99Y). They've been quieter than any set of Michelin Pilot Sports that I've owned and been the best rain tires I've ever driven.

Larz

kmiles wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 4:47 pm
Here's what I found for a tire comparison: https://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Tire-Si ... 255-40R20

They're within 3% and with a slower 1.12% speed variance. I do not know what the exact rim width is for these wheels, but I think they are 20x9 inches with a 43 offset. If that is accurate, then the 255s should fit. Late last fall I installed a set of Michelin Pilot Sport AS4 245/40/20(99Y). They've been quieter than any set of Michelin Pilot Sports that I've owned and been the best rain tires I've ever driven.
Thanks for sharing that!

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”