OBDII codes P0325 and P0156

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
timm96pathy
Car: 1996 Nissan Pathfinder

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the board and Pathfinder community (but not Nissans, I've owned 3 Z's). I purchased a 1996 Pathfinder about a month ago and haven't had any issues. Driving home from my Mom's place Sunday night and the infamous "Check Engine" Light came on. My Old Man has a OBDII diagnostic tool so I borrowed it and came up with codes 325 and 156. Any suggestions? Just replace the O2 sensor or what? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,Tim

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Welcome to NICO!

The P0325 is for the KS, and the other one is for the rear o2 sensor... more for my reference than yours as im sure you already knew that..

Anyway, the later pathfinders had a common issue with the ECU needing reflashed... I was thinking it was more around the 2000ish era, not the 96s. Im not 100% sure on that, let me find out. You might call your friendly Nissan dealer and ask them if the 96s were part of the O2 sensor TSB.... Basically the ECU would leave the heaters on causing the o2 sensors to go out really fast, you replace both o2 sensors and reflash the ECU! I dont think it was a problem on the 96s though...

Just replace the o2 sensor and be ready for the next one to go. For the best price, get them from http://www.sparkplugs.com tell them your from NICO! They are about half price as OEM!!!

The knock sensor is another issue, its not a pressing issue however it is robbing your acceleration...

timm96pathy
Car: 1996 Nissan Pathfinder

Thanks for the welcome!

I had heard about that TSB, but like you said I thought it was for the latter years, but I probably should call my local dealership and find out what I can. I did some looking around and found this and wondered if anyone had any experience with it: http://autorepair.about.com/li...g.htm.

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

hmm ive never heard of that but certainly it would be easy to install some new ground wires.... I wonder if one of those grounding kits would od the trick? Still let me look up where the o2 sensors ground and you can run a wire directly from there to the negative terminal of the battery and see if that fixes it.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”