OBDII 96 S14 VQ35DE Swap Emissions.

Discuss topics related to the VQ series engine.
Buccaneer_9
Car: 1993 Honda Prelude VTEC / 1996 Nissan 240SX SE

I'm contemplating this swap, but I can't seem to get an answer as to whether or not I'll be able to pass emissions here in Georgia.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ddgsxr504
Car: 1995 Nissan 240SX SE 2007 Infinit M35 Sport 2011 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition

I too want this swap in my 95 since I am too lazy to deal with all the long term turbo s***. Im from the south but out in Cali due to the military. Cali law states you can swap any engine into your car as long as it came from the same year or newer and was available for sale in the USA (the reason SR's and s*** are illegal). If you hook the VQ up like it was factory with cats and all the BS it should be fine... I can't see Georgia being worse than this NAZI a** state.... ready to come home!

irax
Car: VQ35DER Powered S14.3

In the state of Georgia, any vehicle that has had an engine swap after Dec 31 1998 is considered a HotRod if that engine was not an available option for that vehicle. They also rely on Federal EPA standards on cars as well so Please read this PDF

http://www.epa.gov/compliance/resources ... switch.pdf

Some more answers about this question are answered here

http://www.cleanairforce.com/motorists/ ... ptions.php

Please contact your local DMV or emissions inspectors or refs or technicians, or what ever it is in your state.

But skimming through it, its basically like Claifornia. You are going to need to have all the engine emissions in working order, and you are going to have to have the evap/charcoal canister from an actual OBDII vehicle in working order. VQ35DE has no EGR system on most rwd and a few fwd applications. Your OBDII port is going to need to work as well. This is really not all that hard to do.

Return to “VQ30DE / VQ35DE / VQ35HR Forum”