OBD II port in a 2008 Rogue

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Appliedrobots
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

Ple-e-ease help, guys! I cannot locate the OBD II port on my daughter's 2008 Nissan Rogue.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!!!

tellurian
Car: Rogue

Right beside the steering column, drivers left side, just behind the molding. It is a white plastic connector (well mine was white).

Beagle_Hauler
Car: 1996 Suzuki X-90 & 1944 Ford GPW

I have the AWD SL and I mention that in case different models have the OBD in different places. Mine is down about in front of the left shin when sitting in the driver seat. It is just to the left of where the steering column, and is under the lip of the plastic trim that covers the steering column and associated electronics that are buried behind and below the dash. I'll snap a picture if you need one, tomorrow when there is plenty of daylight. Otherwise, grasp the very bottom of that lower trim, slide your hand around back and forth several inches to the left of center from the steering wheel and you will feel it, you kind of have to get on your knees on the ground with the door open, and your head tilted halfway upside down to be able to look up and visually see it.

EDIT: I sent two pix to your email that is listed on your member info, hopefully you don't have some spam filter on that will delete the pix, or the email itself.
Modified by Beagle_Hauler at 8:27 PM 8/20/2008

Appliedrobots
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

Hi guys,

Thank you so much for the information!!!

Special thanks for the photos, Mark! The reason I was looking for the OBD-II port is that ~5 days ago the "service engine soon" lamp came on and steady. My daughter says she couldn't feel any difference in the driving of the Rogue. I have an Actron scanner for ~3 years now and have been "servicing" the check-engine lamps of friends and neighbors on regular basis which is why I felt so stupid not being able to find the port myself.

Anyway, the scanner returned a P0463 code, which is "Fuel Level Sensor Circuit High Voltage" (whatever that means...) and appears to be a common plague in the Nissan-Infinity world. I erased the code and if it appears again the Rogue is going to the dealer. It is still less than a year since my daughter bought it, so I hope the repair will be covered by the warranty.

Thanks much again!!!

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

From what I understood from another thread, a software update should cure that as it will probably come back sooner or later.

There is a TSB about that.

You could call your dealer about that to get an appointment. My guess is you should not have to stay over there for more than half a hour to get rid of this bug.

Return to “Rogue Forum”