Obama is toast

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
96Qowner
Car: 1996 Q45

I think PA was his death knell. Clinton took him by 55/45 despite outspending her 3:1. The only big States he's won have been Virginia and Illinois and that ain' gonna cut it. People will say that you can't translate primary contests to general election contest, but ... yeah ... you can. PA proved that Obama can't win the Reagan Democrats, and if he can't do that, he can't win the general election, period.

So, either the SDs give the nomination to Clinton, or Obama loses in the GE.

I also heard a possible explanation for what Hillary is up to, from Ron Reagan of all people. She's actually running for 2012. She's playing this primary season for all it's worth, proving herself to her supporters, so that when Obama loses to McCain she can come back in 2012 and be the "I told you so" candidate. Makes sense to me - no lose situation. She'll make herself more of a Party leader in the Senate, where she can oppose President McCain for 4 years and position herself for a successful bid in 2012.

Repo Man
Car: '15 RAM 1500, 4x4

Meh, he's not toast. He didn't expect to win PA anyway. He'll win in NC but Indiana is up in the air. Hopefully Operation Chaos will help Hillary carry Indiana and the nomination won't be decided until the Convention. I think ultimately that he'll win the nomination and then the General Election. Of course, I don't WANT him to win the General, but I think there are enough sheep in this country to vote for him and get him elected. I hope like hell I'm wrong.

rn79870
Car: 2008 G35 & 2005 Vette C6 vert.

He still leads in the delegate race. I've got my fingers crossed that the VP selections will give us something to cheer about.

Repo, I'm afraid you aren't wrong. the demo's seem to be in a better position this year. It's sad.

gwoods
Car: 2013 Infiniti M37x
1999 Nissan Altima SE limited 5spd
1992 Miata (soon to be turbo)
1965 Cj-5 with 327 v8
2012 Toyota Sequoia Limited

I don't think he's 'toast' but I would have liked PA to be a closer race, like 51/49.

I am also interested in seeing the VP choices...

President ObamaVP Clinton?

sensibleS13driver

gwoods wrote:I don't think he's 'toast' but I would have liked PA to be a closer race, like 51/49.

I am also interested in seeing the VP choices...

President ObamaVP Clinton?
+1

McCain has big potential gains with the right VP. Neither Democrat can afford not to choose the other.

Obama would walk on McCain in televised debates a la '60. Hillary, not so much.

Encryptshun
Car: 2005 Xterra

Repo Man wrote:I think there are enough sheep in this country to vote for him and get him elected. I hope like hell I'm wrong.
Of course if he wins, it will be because people are sheep.

And if McCain wins, it will be because...?

Loki
Car: 1994 Nissan 240SX Convertible
2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2001 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning

Because he is the fat white rich old Republican. Duh.

Return to “Politics Etc.”