O.E BOSE Speaker Trouble

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
Flagship-Q
Car: 1992 Infiniti Q45

When I bought my 92 Q, the front speakers didn't work but the rear speakers (replaced by BOSE in 1995 under recall) worked fine (nice and loud). I bought a couple of good used O.E. pair for the front thinking it would bring the system back up to standards. When installing the front pair I discoved the ones in the door didn't have the amps in the enclosures at all and were wired to the factory connecters (very low sound output). So trying to install the replacement ones the connectors were extremely tight to get togather but they finally hooked up. Now the rear speakers are a LOT lower sounding than the fronts. Anybody have any ideas on what's wrong? Thanks alot!

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

so let me verify this....

Someone had the inputs for the bose amp plugged right inot the speaker, without having them plugged into the amp??!?!?

Hmm this is odd, im not sure whats going on... Id say the electical system of the bose has been really tampered with.

Flagship-Q
Car: 1992 Infiniti Q45

Right, the wires coming from the speakers were bent "U" shaped at the end and were shoved into the factory connectors. The history shows the dealer checking out the speakers for cracking noises but the owner declined repair so I suspect the dealer removed the amps for safety sake? I am wondering if I should look for a pair of rears now (coincedence maybe?). They are still a lot louder than what the fronts were but don't hold a candle the newly install fronts.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”