NV200 - busted timing belt or bad camshaft position sensor?

fueler
Car: 2 Nissans, 2 BMW's

So on my 2013 NV200, I was driving it on freeway yesterday when I heard a *pop* and it died. Won't start up again, and cranking it makes a different noise than before, sounds like starter is just turning freely (best description I can think of).

Codes : P0011 camshaft position timing over-advanced, P0340 camshaft position sensor A circuit 1 or single sensor

Do you guys think I should check timing belt or try cam position sensor first?

macgiver

mac, might have jumped a tooth or two on timing belt , lucky if no engine "interference" YET , those codes also may be indicative of this, MUST check TIMING - CAM to CRANK , belt? or chain ? Do it BEFORE you carnk motor over ANYMORE!!! :tisk:

fueler
Car: 2 Nissans, 2 BMW's

Just dropped off NV200 at shop. The USA nissan NV200's (with 2.0 motors) are on timing chain, not belt.

My timing chain was found to be snapped at 90k miles. Factory warranty was only 5 years/60k miles so Nissan will not help me. Time for a new motor.

I own three of these NV200 vans so now I don't know what to do. These engines fail every 20k miles, and then grenade themselves before 100k, unbelievable.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

What Renault brought with them when they basically took over Nissan, they did exactly the same way back when they took over AMC in the '80s. Removed better technology to go to utter crap drivetrains that sunk the company much faster than it was sinking before.

Return to “Nissan NV200 Forum”