NS-3 Fluid Pricing?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
phmichel
Car: 2013 Nissan Rogue S AWD
2017 Nissan Quest SV

Can you guys share the best deal you've found on genuine NS-3 Fluid? Best I've seen lately is $210 per case on Amazon which nets $17.50 per qt.

Links would help too. Thanks!

macgiver

I get way better prices in AZ by shopping the dealer parts counter,different dealer parts ya know, I call and they kinda price match some of them maybe, and when you get to know them & they know you helps even better . Shop a handfull of dealers in your area ???
Cause you sound very knowledgeable here , ya'otta keep like I do a couple Dealers' - parts counterpersons - as "regulars" ,your 'Buddie", cause I mighta got Jobbers prices ( I belive $9 +change/qt in '18 NS-2) ???

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144196629513?h ... SwkItc9as1

$130 for 12 qts. Shipping varies, they're in Palm Coast, FL. It's $37 to AR, so my cost would be $13.92/qt. Yours will differ depending where you live.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

PS - I've heard absolutely zero bad about AMSoil and Eneos, and I have vicarious experience with both through our customers. So if you want to reduce cost, I'd recommend one of those.

phmichel
2017 Nissan Quest SV

macgiver wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:36 pm
I get way better prices in AZ by shopping the dealer parts counter,different dealer parts ya know, I call and they kinda price match some of them maybe, and when you get to know them & they know you helps even better . Shop a handfull of dealers in your area ???
Cause you sound very knowledgeable here , ya'otta keep like I do a couple Dealers' - parts counterpersons - as "regulars" ,your 'Buddie", cause I mighta got Jobbers prices ( I belive $9 +change/qt in '18 NS-2) ???
Thanks Macgiver. I remember getting NS2 at that price too but now it's doubled. Dealerships in Oregon run $20-25 /qt. Online has been cheapest.
Last edited by phmichel on Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

phmichel
2017 Nissan Quest SV

VStar650CL wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:06 pm
PS - I've heard absolutely zero bad about AMSoil and Eneos, and I have vicarious experience with both through our customers. So if you want to reduce cost, I'd recommend one of those.
Thanks VStar. Funny - I was an Amsoil "dealer" about 30 years ago. IMO Nissan did a terrific job of making their customers absolutely petrified of using anything outside their own brand. Like it's a felony against your warranty or something - or one drop of a foreign fluid will cause catastrophic failure.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

phmichel wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:28 am
Thanks VStar. Funny - I was an Amsoil "dealer" about 30 years ago. IMO Nissan did a terrific job of making their customers absolutely petrified of using anything outside their own brand. Like it's a felony against your warranty or something - or one drop of a foreign fluid will cause catastrophic failure.
At the time they had good reason to be scary. Until a few years ago, none of the aftermarket equivalents matched NS2/NS3 in the very critical aspect of film strength, so I never recommended it. But technology marches on, and now the best ones all match or exceed the Nissan fluids. I know for fact that AMSoil and Eneos do, and I also know from direct customer experience that there are no miscibility conflicts with either one when changing over. The fact is, many of the aftermarket companies have thrown $$massive at CVT fluid research, and it shows in their spec sheets. That's why I no longer have any problem steering people on a budget in that direction. If you can afford NS2/NS3 then by all means use it, but there are certainly viable alternatives now that didn't used to be so viable.

phmichel
2017 Nissan Quest SV

VStar650CL wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:16 pm
phmichel wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:28 am
At the time they had good reason to be scary. Until a few years ago, none of the aftermarket equivalents matched NS2/NS3 in the very critical aspect of film strength, so I never recommended it. But technology marches on, and now the best ones all match or exceed the Nissan fluids. I know for fact that AMSoil and Eneos do, and I also know from direct customer experience that there are no miscibility conflicts with either one when changing over. The fact is, many of the aftermarket companies have thrown $$massive at CVT fluid research, and it shows in their spec sheets. That's why I no longer have any problem steering people on a budget in that direction. If you can afford NS2/NS3 then by all means use it, but there are certainly viable alternatives now that didn't used to be so viable.
Valuable input as always VStar. Thank you.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

phmichel wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:04 pm
Valuable input as always VStar. Thank you.
You're most welcome, happy motoring!

D1dad
Car: 2021 Nissan Altima SR
2018 Nissan Rogue Midnight
2009 Nissan Altima SL

I’ve switched our 18 rogue over to eneos n3, which I supposedly the brewer for Nissan. It specifically marketed for Nissan n3 cvts. I swapped my 09 over to the eneos eco cvt fluid which is ns2 and ns3. The eco really quieted down the cvt at highway speeds and got rid of what little shudder it had. I really noticed no change at all on the 2018 and dint really expect to. I did experience a jump in mpg on the rogue after I switched the differentials over to eneos synthetic gear oil. The best part was buying on sale through Amazon and various retailers, the price came in at around $5 per qt. I also switched the oil sump over to eneos 0w20 racing oil which seemed to help out as well. I’m holding off till 10k to drain and fill my 21 cvt but will for sure do it. Racing oil is definitely over kill for my wife’s grocery getter, but if this F er grenades I can and will solely blame it on Nissan lol. I change oil every 3750 and the local shop uses the old oil for heating in the winter so I feel ok with dumping oil that’s probably half spent. My grandad was a mecahinic for the railroad and would whip me with a dipstick if I ran extended drain intervals lol.

Return to “Rogue Forum”