NOW WITH CONCLUSION... Audi owner gets booted, and is sticking it to them...

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
Beancooker
Car: Current Car: 2019 Toyota Tacoma (modded)
Past cars: Way too many to list

These are copied and pasted posts from Blake (The A1 and A2 German) Original Thread:

Post 1:As I told myself I'd never live in a HOA community here I am. After a year here they forced upon us that we had to pay for parking passes to park outside. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ There's over 700 homes.

Gee, I wounder why they did that?

So you have to display your pass or you get booted, by an outsider company not associated with the HOA, they just won the contract. As the schmucks drive though they look for the obvious outsiders looking to park (visitors) and boot them, and milk the cows. "That will be $140 Sir to remove the boot."

Well, it's just a long day @ work, your mind is busy, you park and don't put your pass on your rear view. They throw 2 boots on you, a large display sticker, phone # and $140 removal fee. I've parked in the same spot for 3 months, always displayed, they know the car, a extensively modified Audi parked in the same spot for 3 months with a displayed pass. It's a no brainier I have a pass.

Gee, I wounder why the pass isn't a permanent sticker?

Now, why wouldn't I always keep the pass hanging from my rearveiw? Being in the top 10 auto theft capitals in the country, I'm not comfortable DISPLAYING where I live when the community is displayed in the largest characters on the pass.

The plastered WARNING sticker on the window mentions you will be pentilzed to the fullest of law if you remove or damage the boots. So I called the cops.........only one.....but she said I can not damage the the boots, however nothing illegal about removing them.

You know the case, if you don't pay up evenly you'll get towed,so.......

I'm just going to get some f-ing dollys, install them and push the freaking Audi right into the garage you bsaterds. Give them a call to come get their num nut boots..........................and the Audi is undergoing a semi-rebuild....I don't need them off...they won't bother me keeping them on....I don't need to drive it.....a waiting game means nothing.

I own my home, they can not come on the individual property unless I grant permission, and they can not tow it as it'll be in the garage.

Discuss

Currently outside with 2 boots on it, it'll just look like this again with boots on it, same spot.

Post 2:HELLO KIDDIES!

Over 4,000 hits in less then a day, think we're onto something. To answer some on the questions:

-My HOA is over $1,500 a year

-There is no STREETparking per-say, every spot is a stripped parking spot just like retail parking. There is no congestion each side of the street parking, aka, narrowing down a street.

-The HOA is not associated with the parking Nazis, however may and not sure, be able to place fines on top for giving problems.

I do have one problem, I need a raditator in the next 5 hours to get to work tomorrow in my Jetta (since I wouldn't be driving the Audi). The radiator I just order showed up broken. If not I'll either have to cough up the $140 or call the cops and have it removed and the Nazis can try filing against me.

If I can get a radiator here soon, the dollies are right down the street and the next picture you'll see will be an Audi in a garage with boots.

http://www.villagioattempe.com...4.htm

Post 3:UPDATE KIDDIES

I HAVE A RADIATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

GOING TO INSTALL IT, AND RUN DOWN AND BUY DOLLIES!!!!!!!!

So I called the cops again, and also conformed it with the police supervisor. Unless damage is done to the unit, the matter is civil. I told them about the dollies, there is nothing illegal about it, once again civil.

So the phone call is going to go something like this:

-Yes, you booted my car, come down and get your boots if you want them.

-Sir, that's going to be $140 to remove them

-Oh, I don't need them removed

-Sir, after 72 hours you vehicle will be towed

-Oh, I don't know how your going to do that with it in my garage

-Sir, uhhhhhhh, what Sir???????????????

Post 4:CHOPPED: Pics of Audi on DollysEDIT: I figured I'd add some text so I'm not leaving everyone hanging. So here's the deal, as much as I'd like, and easy as it would be to remove the boots with my professional angle grinder it is against the law. It's not that I respect the law or generally even care about it , (I respect laws of humanity, not dumping oil, animals, etc, and therefor), but breaking the law is just going to turn nightmare. Not that I wouldn't, it's cutting them off isn't worth ~$1,500 or whatever amount they toss. They also photograph your car (with plate) during the citation, so I'm more then just a piece of paper floating around in someones citation book.

The boot company is left in the dark , they don't know wtf is going on, haven't told them squat. Remember, I don't need to drive the Audi, as a matter of fact I was supposed to be putting her on blocks the day it got booted for work and keeping it that way.

The HOA doesn't know it's gone , however, someone I'm somewhat cool with before this went down I convinced to get on the board and is on there now saw the Audi on dollies and did call me about it. So.....is he going to rat me out?

So I called the HOA Community manger, and keep in mind this is not actually the HOA booting cars but a contractor...errrrr......wait a minute........Hitler didn't do any of the killing himself......not responsible......some one else did it....she's off the hook....oh wait, no, and, ....duh..duh...duh...I have a private meeting not only with her but the whole HOA board , who for all I know, know nothing about the dollies.

-Blake Edwards, it's come to our attention you've some how managed to place your Audi in the garage, why did you do that?

-I had to vacuum the carpet.

Post 5:UPDATE KIDDIES

So my boy pulls into the complex and past The Spot Of Their Misfortune.

-Yo Blake

-What's up?

-Where you car was, there's now 3 APS (Arizona Parking Solutions) patrol cars, and a 4th, a rent-a-cop standing in what was your booted spot.

-Yeah, what are the doing?

-Standing around, just standing in the spot, looking around.

-Yeah?

-One looks like a manager, supervisor, or someone important writing on a clip board, they do NOT look happy.

-(Me Laughing)

-Yeah man, they look pissed, some guy is slacks and a polo shirt jotting stuff down on a clip board.

-Sweet, time to go for a walk

As I go to the mail box to get mail I didn't have, The Head Schmuck is getting into his car, *cough, *cough, where I was, backed out and left. The other car is ready to take off, has lights on, engine running, put car in gear. I get my phantom mail and he sees me, walk past back, he kills the lights and motor, and just stays there as I walk by with out incident. I almost approuched them and asked, " You guys want to come get your boots?"

Going to bed.

Post 6:UPDATE KIDDIES

So I called them, a long conversion, so I'll try to remember it in order :

Ring..ring...ring

-HEY! ARE YOU DOING! (Happy!)

-Uh... (surprised)...I'm doing alright...pause.....pause....pause....

-Yeah! I'm doing alright too!!!!

-What can we do for you?

-Yeah, I'm down here @ the Villaigo @ Tempe, you guys want to come get your boots?

-Yes, I can be there shorlty.

-Alright, I won't be home till later.

-Sure, there will some one else working, what kind of car?

-An Audi

-Oh.........pause.....pause.......where is your car?

-It's here, you guys want to come get your boots?

-Uh.......so the boots are in your trunk?

-No

-So they are on the set of wheels in the trunk?

-No

-So you stole them?

-No

-So they are not on your wheels?

-Yes, they are on my wheels?

-Where are your wheels?

-On the car

-Where is your car?

-I moved it

-YEAH! I saw the picture you sent me, it's in your garage!

-Yeah, there's somethings floating around on the internet, however I didn't send that. So you want to come get your boots?

-Well, I'm sure your going to need to drive your Audi.

-No

-So you moved your car?

-Yes

-Had did you move it?

- I've been working out

-(He busts up laughing!!!)))))))))))))))))))))Ah, come on man, how did you move it?

-Well, I saw it booted, ran down and picked up some Creatine, been taking it for 3 days, that's stuff works great!

-(Laughing again) So, how did you move it?

-I have my ways

-Come on man, how did you move it?

-I have my ways

-Oh, come on, how did you get it in your garage, I've checked out that Audi before(<---------), I know you couldn't of pushed it.

-Don't worry, I havn't touched the locks.

-That's good.

-I'll be home around 7:30 P.M., you can give me call me then.

It's 3:30 P.M., tune Kiddies!

Post 7:UPDATE KIDDIES, CHIT HITS THE FAN BIG TIME

So 7:30 P.M. rolls around and they call me to see if I'm home, tell them I'm in traffic, got home @ 7:45 and they showed up.

4 APS Patrol cars and the Sheriff pull up to my open garage, 5 APS officers and the head Schmuck.

(The before happening occurred over 2 hours .)

-Hello, you guys want your boots?

-Yes, that will be $140 to remove them.

-Naaaaaa, you can take them though.

-Your in possession of private property.

-You can take them, I'm not holding them.

-(The APS officers look at the Sheriff, the Sheriff looks back, and nods.) There's nothing I can do, he's not holding your property with out permission, he's allowing you to take them.

-Well, his car is on private property, we do not operate on private property.

-(Me again) The entire complex is on private property, I'm granting you permission to entire my premises to remove your boots, do you want them?

-You have stolen our property.

-No, I called the Tempe Police, would you like the badge #? I've not only talked with 2 officers, but this was run by the Super Attendant, there is nothing illegal unless I damage the boots.

-(Sheriff nods)

-(Head schmuck)I am going to prosecute (gets on the phone, babbles away and away, a second in command starts taking pictures)

-He starts asking for my info, "Are you the home owner?"

-I could be

So he calls the local Tempe Town cops, officer shows up, APS gets tohim first, then the officer approaches me after hearing their story. I inform him, also inform of the phone call I've made requesting legalities from the Tempe Police Dept. He scratches his head, and says, well, "I going to have to call this one in." I inform head Schmuck and the Tempe officer I have a meeting with the HOA President and HOA board on Tuesday to have this resolved. The officer informs me he's like the badge # later, and mentions it will show grounds I had no intention to steal the boots, and it was also good you informed the APS I had the boots.

-(Head Schmuck) You going to be there?

-Yes

-Good, because I'll be there too.

-(Officer)So as this is not a theft my Supervisor has informed me to place this under Other Theft, in which it will go to City Prosecutors or get dropped, call this # on Monday 16th to see what happens. The APS Manager/Owner/Head Schmuck says he OWNS the parking passes and ALL passes associated with this address have now been revoked, if he sees your car you will be towed.

-(Another APS officer) Hey man, I have this ticket for you, I've put down that you are refusing to pay, I just need your signature.

I read it, above my signature it says, " Acceptance for services."

-Sorry man, I not going to sign it, you haven't offered me a service.

-Oh man, we are just going to bill HOA.

-Sorry

-But you won't get a bill

-Naaaa

-(Officcr to APS Schmuck) So, he's not holding your boots against will, do you want them back?

-Yes (they pull them off and go)

Officer gives me the Case # Info Card, tells me to call in Monday.

-So I won't need that badge #, I've already called in Tempe Police Headquarters and we have you on record calling in. Any questions?

-No

-Let me tell you something, they are pissed, really pissed off, I don't know if you talked trash about his wife but he is angry! I mean, the guy is about to explode, and some thing about a picture you sent him.

-Oh, I didn't send that

-You didn't send that?

-No, it floating around on the Internet, someone else did that.

-So this is on the Internet.

-Yep

-Any questions for me?

-No, thanx for everything

-Night

So this can go many ways, 1 through City Prosecutor's or 2 through HOA and fines. I have won round one. I'm going to post not only a couple pics and the head Schmuck and possibly an alley for me sticking it to the man:

So I've thinking this over and maybe decided to go with it, I will not hold any one to this however if this really goes the distance and I loose I am possibly setting up a Paypal Donation Fight The Power Fund, $5, $10, $20 what ever you want. I will not send IMs asking and of the sort. I AM NOT ASKING FOR ANYTHING NOW. If this doesn't go City Prosecutors Monday, I also have Tuesday with the HOA board to see what happens.

This is just an idea, and if you'd seriously like to contribute (upon seeing documentation, etc of the sort), along with your comments place a to tell me you'd be in favor. Once again, I'm not going to hold you to it, but if it comes down to it, I could be out some serious coin.

Dub-On!

Post 8:HEY KIDDIES

At first I must very very thank the Vortex Community for their support! I think this is fantastic, and I maybe bring this to a news station to you, it may even hit the papers.

To answer some questions I remembered: I did try to resolve this before said movement of Audi. I explained I've been in the same spot for 3 months, with a pass, also the pass is in plain sight! if they'd like to come view it, however, "Sir, if you pass is not hanging from your rear view, that's $140!" They wouldn't budge, didn't care, just give me $140.

The *cough, *cough, boot enforcement rules where put into place 1 year AFTER I've moved in. Upon receiving a letter we now have TO PAY TO PARK ON OUR OWN DAM PROPERTY I called and E-mailed immediately of my disgust. Keep in mind all conversions where kept civil, no yelling, no cursing, etc. of the sort.

Concerning the incident the other night some thing I forgot to mention. Once the Head Schmuck and Mini Schmucks left, the officer approached me, " I don't know if you where talking trash about his wife, but he is pissed, I mean really, really pissed......." All information had to be relayed through the Tempe Police or Sheriff as the Police said, "I can't let this guy near you or his going to do something, it's getting way to steamy, this is going to be a problem if it talks face to face, and the way this guy is I can't let him near you." -I smiled.

To EDIT: And answer the question, no I didn't talk ish or mention his wife, or even know whether he's married. However, he was so un-professional and handled the situation so poorly his actions will be heavily noted before the HOA board and recommend to be removed and/or replaced. Also a edit, as there are ~1500-2000 residence I may ALSO start a APS Removal Petition in which I may go over HOA and directly straight to D.R. HORTON HOMES and see what kind of pull there in Homeowners vs HOA. I can only guess, but I can't see a single person in favor of: Immobilizing A Vehicle Until ComplianceI will not have a problem with signatures, however what can be done with them is another story. End Edit

So, I've asked ther for Vortex member via IM if he's able to pull down the picture he has sent, and am waiting for a reply. And concerning fellow Vortexers, thank you for restraint till this been resolved and after words, and I agree: THOU SHALT OPEN THY FLOODGATES TO HENCE FORTH A BIBLICAL FORCE OF SEEN NO OTHER OF P-CHOP IN FELLOW GLEE IN THOUGT LEGENDARY THREADICICS

I think the Audi in different locations of the world would be fantastic! And Head Schmuck, well, that's going to be fun.

What's the magic word the day kids! Uhn-Uhn! CAN YOU SAY LOOP-HOLE? SAY IT WITH ME KIDS!

Post 9:UPDATE KIDDIES

I've been 100% forward, the rule(s), the parking, the paying to park on the property, APS, EVERYTHING done AFTER 1 year + residency. I do not agree in any way, ANYBODY, resident, guest, or not:

"Being Held Immobilized Till Payment Has Been Brought Forth At The Parking Enforcements Convince To Travel Back To Said Property To Release Private Property!"

I'm going to be very irked if QUOTE "ALL SAID PARKING SPACES IN THE COMMUNITY HAVE BEEN SOLD TO HEAD SCHMUCK!"

How the hell does an OUTSIDER get to BUY ALL parking spaces on the property and have the right to tell me,"YOU CAN NO LONGER PARK ANY WHERE ON THE ENTIRE PROPERTY, EXCEPT IN YOUR GARAGE, OR YOUR VEHICLE WILL BE TOWED, AND THAT INCLUDES ALL YOUR VEHICLES!" And that is a quote! This will be a 1 large focal point in my HOA meeting, I have so many topics, words, and disgust however will keep my cool.

Another update, said Vortexer has removed @ my request the picture sent to APS. Whether or not they have printed it or not, don't know.

The Tempe Police called today, Sunday 15th, wanted to know my license plate on said Audi. Told them, they did ask any other questions or release any other information, don't know whether that's good or not .

EDIT*-Even thought my previous calls to conform I was with in all rights of the law, the incident the other night was written a Other Theft, or along the lines of Suspicion of Theft.The officer informed me,"My Captain/Superier/Cheif has had me issue this, to be looked into futher, pending, and written up as said forth, however he has informed me NOT to place you under arrest at this time." -End EDIT*

Tomorrow, Monday June 16th, I will be working till 9:05 P.M. and will not be home till after work @ 9:30P.M. I will find out whether I will be prosecuted via phone call to receive information about my case from work sometime in the afternoon and will post once I've come home. If I have not posted by 10:30 P.M. Arizona Time Monday, June 16th I have been arrested.

Post 10:HELLO KIDDIES, HERE's SOME SUSPENSE

I just got back from Guantanamo Bay and BOY HAVE THEY SPRUCED THAT PLACE UP!

Well, MORE SUSPENSE!, the law officer has YET to file the case or have a detective look into it. I've called Tempe Police twice today to determine the outcome, waiting for an officer to snatch me from work (as yes, they wanted to know where), and left a message with the case officer to call back (6:00P.M.) to inform me of an outcome. Quote from the filer,"Sir, typically it takes a week." Man, the suspense, round #2 is the important one.

So......round #2 is in the air, round #3 starts tomorrow, Tuesday, June 17th @ 6:30 in a PRIVATE HOA President meeting with the entire HOA board, in which Head Schmuck maybe attending. In which the many following arguments will follow.

Intentions of securing my modified Audi from theft and the elements under the rights of the law.

ONE MENTION IN THE PREVIOUS 2 HOUR INCIDENT WHICH WILL WEIGHT HEAVILY IN MY FAVOR: I even told them, " You guys are more then welcome to keep the boots on, you don't have to take them, you can take your boots and keep them on till the meeting." Bou-ya-ca

I think that would sit nicely with law enforcement.

I also, NEVER mentioned I wasn't going to pay, ever! When they said "It'll be $140 dollars to remove them.", I said "You can take your boots, or leave them on..... " NOT, "No, I'm not going to pay, you can take your boots......

I also did NOT sign the APS receipt where it was marked -Customer Refused To Pay. Oh, no, I'm not refusing to pay, not going to say I'm going to pay you or not pay you. Bou-ya-ca

So, the entry into the thread states:

As I told myself I'd never live in a HOA community here I am

And I see alot of post of HOA this, HOA that, the owner new about HOAs, he has a choice to live there: Well, not exactly, this gets a little deeper then that and this gets a little juicy concerning how I got here, so.....

I moved to Phoenix DURING the housing explosion, and not familiar with the city and knew nothing wanted to get my bearings before I bought a house. So that meant renting, this was a HUGE HUGE PROBLEM! It took 3 months looking every single week driving here to find one complex that had NOT been sold or turned into condos or town homes. Legislation was in the works because there was no where to live! They where trying to ban Condo conversions.I mean, if you wanted to buy no problem, over 75% of the offices where turned into sales offices, or the entire complex was being renovated. When we finally found one after 3 months (almost couldn't even move here) there was a second problem. You could only have 1 car per resident at the last few complexes, I was just about screwed. So one last try and another week, I ended up finding a place before throwing in the towel, they did however charge me for every parking space per month per car, but, I got to live here, then.........

Dear Mr Blake Edwards

We are happy to inform you the D&G Enterprises has purshed the property. As you are currently a resident you have your first choice of purchasing your current unit or any other unit on the property, if not, get the hell out because we no longer rent AND THAT WILL BE $350,000 FOR A CONVERSION WITH A $350 MONTHLY HOA FEE.......DUDE! I had no where to live! And all the houses taken off the market for flips, ugh! The Phoenix market was HOT! GLOWING! Houses where going for the gold! You would see a posting and it would be sold asap, the prices where un-touchable. Your talking about where people where camping in there cars for days for a housing development to go up for sale because they needed a home. I mean, there was no where to live. If I was married possibly I could of afforded one of those mortgages but dam, just short of moving into a incredibly poor neighbor hood (still expensive) my Realtor told me about the Villaigo, he personally knew the Sale Manager, had even done work on her homes.

Gee, wizz, 750 HOMES and 743 WHERE SOLD WHEN I SHOWED UP THAT DAY AND THEY WEREN'T EVEN BUILT YET! I had to jump!

Not a house, still expensive, a $1,500 Mortgage, but alot cheaper then the red hot houses on the Phoenix market. Sales manager "Blake, if you can do a 14 day escrow I have an amazing deal for you." Well, that's just say she was their best and my deal got her fired . Nothing illegal, it's that the market was so hot she could of gotten alot more. So, that's why I live in an HOA .

14 DAY ESCROW SUCKS!

And yes, they wanted $350,000 for the 1960 apartment turned condo.

Stay tuned kiddies, round #3 happens tomorrow and will be updated Tuesday, 17th around 8:00P.M. Arizona Time, it's going to get juicy tomorrow .

*Edit: I did call the HOA President today personally, actually seems pretty cool and where laughing a bit, so we'll see what happens.

Post 11:UPDATE KIDDIES, OH THE SUSPENSE!

So I just came from the HOA meeting, and Head Schmuck was waiting outside with what may have been a lawyer. He was loading a CD into a lap top, which probably contained all pictures of the night and possibly even the pic sent to APS by other said Vortexer.

So I sat down and told my story in private, went pretty well, they appeared to be shocked once told them this little guy is trying to prosecute, also detailing his unprofessionalism. Something interesting they said caught my attention:

"Well, where thinking about splitting the Parking Fine with you, HOA would pay half and you would pay the other half."

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! Uh..........wait, this has to be paid no matter what? (Not that I wasn't going to pay) But under what obligations is it determined that this has to be paid and the HOA is responsible? Why, how, who the hell says this has to be paid? Uhn?

I told them if they absoluty came to the conclusion I had to pay I would pay it, and everything had been done to secure my vehicle (in which even the HOA board members knew the car) and prevent it from being towed, it's saftey and securing it from the elements till said HOA meeting.

They asked if they was anything else they should know about, and coughed it up as they would probably see, is about a un-known poster sending a picture to APS. They all put their pens down and hands on their foreheads.

I was cut short and only got 5 minutes of speak time

Every APS issue was meet with:

- Well, you have to take that up with APS, errr........- I think the ethics of permitting disabling a vehicle.....what if some one has to go to work in the morning, they would be fired!-Well, you have to take that up with APS...-Wait, you guys are the one that hired them....-We are out of time

Which I do not know if they where hired, whether they are on contract, I don't know whether they own the parking spaces, I was out of time...

The conclusion:

Ugh.....we will make out decision and you should receive notification in the mail in a week. Ughh....

Post 12:HELLO KIDDIES, MAJOR UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

So one of the HOA board members just called me:

Speaking NOT as an HOA board member:

DUDE! THEY ARE GOING TO PROSECUTE AND SPECIFICALLY WANT TO USE YOU AS THE EXAMPLE!

HOLLY SHNIKEYS! I can't believe this, in what God's Green Earth's bone in their body do they think they are in the right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He mentioned that the apparent rage and steamy-ness of Head Schmuck and heated-ness of the second. The scamming man was the not a lawyer but the owner. They DID have the said picture on file below from the other Vortexer, and presented it to the board

Dear Head Schmuck: There is nothing wrong with the picture nor illegal, it's obvious he's having a little fun with this.

Head Schmuck: We have revoked his parking pass

HOA BOARD: You can not do that

YYEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote- We are going to review the contract <-------- and if it's in there they (APS) can revoke a pass we are taking it out.

Head Schmuck: He stole our boots!

HOA: He did not steal your boots in any way, he moved his car, and he called you and told you about it.

SOME THING VERY IMPORTANT I FORGOT TO ADD:

APS HAS JUST OFFICIALLY GONE BOOT CRAZY IN THE PAST 24 HOURS EITHER IN FRUSTRATION OR RETALIATION! I left work this morning and all these cars had these boots on them, all over the place, I got home and my roomy walked in, "Dude, why do all the cars have boots on them?"

From this phone call I received from the HOA member, "Yeah, they are trying to find ANYTHING to boot everyone, tags, etc."Man, these cars that have displayed tags and they have boots on them, one Tahoe got booted for being on the white line, another guy hd to pay $90 to have the boot removed because his tags are expired!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND A MAJOR PROBLEM! I can't do anything regarding a petition or have them ousted unless I get the owners involved, and only there signatures count! You can't even vote on issues if you are not the owner. All these units are rental properties for ASU students, no one here owns the units but the rich parents on the East Coast! URG!!!

ARGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

So I'm not going to wait a week for the letter, and am going to call the HOA president tomorrow, and the officer has not called back, either way it's going to be a juicy update!

Post 13:HELLO KIDDIES 3RD UPDATE FOR THE NIGHT TUESDAY JUNE 17th PICS WILL START TOMORROW AND MEDIA ALERTED!

Well, it's official, they are out to get everyone. As I left the house to the gym other vehicles where booted. ONE WAS A SHASTA POOLS COMPANY TRUCK! ALL IT DID WAS HAVE ONE TIRE ON THE WHITE LINE! Another SUV was booted too, nothing wrong with it, tags where good, parked straight.

I'm going to start photographing EVERY booted vehicle I see that is unreasonably booted and post, I also will post a picture of the community so you can relate a picture to the story. I also may start leaving contact information, possibly even this link, to those who have been violated. I may also contact Shasta Pools! I stated days ago I may be getting the media involved, with your guys support and as deep as this is going that will be happening Wednesday, June 18th, 2008 for a Phoenix News Station. Postings of time (Internet viewing, maybe someone can record and post on You-Tube) will be posted if a station bites. We have 3 large networks, I'll pick one and go from there.

SOME THING REALLY IRKED ME!!!!My buddy turned to me as we where walking out to my car (a car APS does not know about) tonight after the second post tonight, to go to the gym, and says,"Man, look @ all these poor people, they all have to suffer because of what your trying to do." Oh, let me tell ya, that sucked! These people are in for a hurting just for a common good. If they haven't coughed up the dough come morning and/or are fighting it I'll show you some injustice via pics.

I'll have this up hopefully by 12:00 Noon Wednesday June 18th, 2008. Within a couple hours I should have a new network contacted and will post again.

THANX GUYS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT, THIS WOULD BE FANTASTIC TO GO NATIONAL.

Condensed Version: http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/...60584

I have been speaking with Blake on IM, and via Email. He is really getting railroaded.

The parking enforcement schmuck, is using his company's attorneys and they are going after Blake for invasion of privacy, for posting his picture on the internet.

Kckouki
Car: '97 240sx

If that happend to me I would do the same thing.

Thats pretty damn funny.

Urabus GodofTraction
Car: 2002 WRX Wagon, 2004 SV650, 1988 Land Cruiser, 1994 XR600R

I saw this on GRM a little while ago, filed it under LOL.

The update brings bad news, though.

Kckouki
Car: '97 240sx

Jimmygolf wrote:Place them on your well-manicured front lawn with a big-*** chain locking it to a secure pole.

Then attach a huge sign above the two boots that says "BEWARE OF BOOT"
I seriously bust out laughing.

Beancooker

Tyrell Corporation
Car: On a steady diet of gov't cheese...

Philipio
Car: 96 240sx, 96 Miata

charlieo wrote:The update brings bad news, though.
"Sorry folks, this must come to an end. Good luck to all involved." is even worse news.

MiiLaNo
Car: 90 TTZ, 96 NA Slicktop, 01 M3

Im hella giving the guy props! that would be something I would of done too!

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

Don't know if I could keep my cool to be that smooth. I'd likely set all their trucks on fire.

yelnatsch517
Car: '95 240sx

Philipio wrote:"Sorry folks, this must come to an end. Good luck to all involved." is even worse news.
So... what happened? I didn't read all of it.

TrueVillan
Car: Black 95 Zenki

yelnatsch517 wrote:
So... what happened? I didn't read all of it.
The thread got locked.

Devilstar
Car: 98 240 sx SE

wonder why it was locked.. so lame.. wanted to know outcome

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Beanie, see if you can get the rest of it posted here - We can continue it right here, and I guarantee you my attorney can kick their attorney's a$$.

bobotech

IN a nutshell, whats happening to the guy? And what exactly was posted that caused the thread to get locked?

Is the big photo that is pissing off APS the one of the owner on the phone? Whats so bad about that?

xckid
Car: 2004 Chevy Blazer ZR2

AZhitman wrote:Beanie, see if you can get the rest of it posted here - We can continue it right here, and I guarantee you my attorney can kick their attorney's a$$.
gregs attorney ftw!!!

rn79870
Car: 2008 G35 & 2005 Vette C6 vert.

If I ever caught a rent-a-meter maid on my private property touching my car, I'd introduce him to the fat end of a baseball bat. Maybe Blake needs a pit bull or a doberman.

rn79870

Here is why the forum locked the thread...
a poster on the other forum wrote:Prob all the idiots that popped up in the past 24 hours making threats towards APS.
a mod on the other forum wrote:this is very close to the reason the thread was locked. We are currently discussing how we want to proceed, but until then, the thread will remain locked.

It will help your cause very much to just lay low and let us figure this out. Making 32451432 threads about why the 1st was locked will just cause more problems.

Beancooker

If I understand it correctly, the thread was locked, because the attorneys were involved, and they are talking about going after Blake (and VWVortex?) for invasion of privacy, for posting the pic on the forums.

danielekfuj
Car: miata, rocket ship

legal system sucks.

rn79870

Beancooker wrote:If I understand it correctly, the thread was locked, because the attorneys were involved, and they are talking about going after Blake (and VWVortex?) for invasion of privacy, for posting the pic on the forums.
That is the ramblings of a scared company who knows that they are looking like the keystone cops of parking. After this runs its course, I'm hopeful that APS will lose customers and find it difficult to attract new ones. I'd love to see that thread continue here.

rn79870

I found this and thought I'd share it. I've never even seen a boot, so I don't know if this works or not.

The Denver Boot is a simple mechanism that is far more intimidating than it is effective, should you try to remove it yourself. The boot's orange paint and hard steel are all basically a deterrent. The lockbox and padlock are, to be fair, practically indestructible. Unless you have an industrial saw with you, there is no way to take off a boot by removing the lock or destroying the locking mechanism. There are, however, various pins and bolts that can be removed to take the boot off your car, but all such methods still require tools that you probably don't have and will take so long that you run the risk of getting caught and getting another sizable ticket for your impudence. I didn't consider any of these methods feasible. I also didn't want to harm the boot in any way or steal it, as I would be damaging city property. I just wanted to leave it lying there on the sidewalk as I drove away with a maniacal laugh. I found a method to do just that.

Removing the boot without tools or damage is actually a very simple matter. Simply let out about half of the air from the "booted" tired. Once you let the air out the prong that holds the boot in place can be slid past the tire, exposing the hubcap. I had initially intended to change the tire but I found that after sliding the clamp off the front of the tire the rest of the boot was only hooked into the wheel from the rear. I got behind the wheel of the car, started it and drove it a few inches forward and the torque of the wheel immediately popped the boot completely off

maxhopper
Car: 02 Maxima SE 6spd

That's just too damned funny. Remindes me of a similar story of a guy who got his car booted at his school. He was able to get a lug whench between the boot and the wheel; and just took the wheel off and left it there with the boot still attached.

Link to condensed version with pics. http://www.parkingenforcementf...a0bd1

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

He has been invited here to continue the discussion. I hope he does and if so, give him a warm welcome.

Oatmealman
Car: 2011 ford f150 fx4 5.0 master race

Rofl waffles,I'm so using his idea's if they boot my car.My Hoa is retarded, my dad can't park his 2008 lariat f-350 in our drive way because it's an eyesore but the guy down the street can park his ****ing 1984 kenworth purple piece of **** on the driveway because it's part of his work.Screw that my dad uses his dually for work,**** Hoa they tried to kick us out because we put shingles on our house that weren't black.

bobotech

Beancooker wrote:If I understand it correctly, the thread was locked, because the attorneys were involved, and they are talking about going after Blake (and VWVortex?) for invasion of privacy, for posting the pic on the forums.
Which picture? The one of the guy talking on the phone?

Repo Man
Car: '15 RAM 1500, 4x4

audtatious wrote:He has been invited here to continue the discussion. I hope he does and if so, give him a warm welcome.
Absolutely. Come on Blake! Let's keep it rolling!

kornmanz
Car: 89 240sx Hatch SR Powa'd

That would be awesome if blake came on here and discussed. I read everything (great way to spend an hour) and I just want to know what is happening. I hate people like this APC owner guy.

rn79870

Yeah Blake. There is 99,200 of us here on your side already.

NY94J30
Car: 2000 Q45 AE

rn79870 wrote:If I ever caught a rent-a-meter maid on my private property touching my car, I'd introduce him to the fat end of a baseball bat. Maybe Blake needs a pit bull or a doberman.
The problem is the erosion of the notion of private property rights and absolute dominion - the commonwealth carried too far, IMO.

If you belong to an HOA, you purchase your property only with such rights as you have not covenanted away to the HOA at the time of purchase and as are not proscribed by laws and regs (federal, state, local, common law).

You have in essence ceded your property rights to your neighbors.

Software and particularly hardware licensing agreements raise many of the same issues as HOAs.

Beancooker

What I am wondering about, is that he bought the house, and there wasn't a homeowners association. Then one was implimented. I almost feel like there should be a grandfather clause that could exempt you from the rules and regulations of the HOA.

Return to “General Chat”