Now I know why Layla was always faster than Lola

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
Jeff Williams
Car: 1994 Q45t, 2000 I30t, 2004 M45, 71, 72, 73, 82 & 2000 Corvettes

It was the ECU.

I was doing some general maintenance on Lola this morning, and decided to install the NICO ECU for kicks. I had replaced the radio, BCM and driver's LC module, to fix various ailments, and decided to check the codes. Everything is fine, but I think Iwill replace the O2 sensors. The gas mileage hasn't been as god as Layla used to get. I am coming upa bout 40 miles short each tank, and that is about $75 tp $100 per month hit to the pocket book.

I went for a test spin after installing the NICO ECU, and immediately, Layla came to mind. Nice quick sweep to 6,800 RPM, then shift into 2nd (Hmm, I must do a manual shift next time)...

I turned around in the middle school parking lot, then manually dropped her into 1st. I ran her up pas 6800, then manually shifted her into 2nd. She smoothly hit 7,400 and popped into 2nd. I let off at about 70 MPH, since the speed limit in front of the school is 25.

I never checked the numbers, but since Layla was born in February, 1993 she must have had a 1993 ECU, or a much different map than Lola, who was born in November 1993. Of course Lola is a California model, bue everybody says there is not much difference in the Cali and USA versions.

Something is definitely different.

Thanks Robert, now my gas budget is really shot for the next few months!

Now, out to detail her, and make others jealous again.

CrimsonQ
Car: Purple People Eater

Mystery solved!Cant wait to get mine:)

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”