(Now) both back doors stuck from inside...

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
uncbeers

So when I first bought my car (2005 G35X) I found out one of the back doors was stuck and you couldnt get out from the inside. I was living with it since I dont usually have passengers and planning to use my remaining warranty to have Infiniti fix it soon. Then today my other back door is doing the same thing. Neither will open now from the inside (child locks are not in place). So my 2 questions are:

1. Is this common with Infiniti vehicles (I thought I'd seen posts on it before)?

2. Is it an item the warranty will cover when I take it in and go ahead and have them do the maintenance cycle too?

Thanks all!

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

First I've ever heard of this problem! Are you sure that the child locks aren't engaged?

uncbeers

joe603 wrote:First I've ever heard of this problem! Are you sure that the child locks aren't engaged?
Pretty sure...especially because the one door worked up until today and magically stopped this afternoon.

tollboothwilley
Car: 2003 G35 Sedan w/ NAV

agreed. Never heard of this before.

You are aware of the little black switch, yes?

haha

If its still under warranty, a dealer should take a look and fix it for you.

It'd be awful funny if it was just the child lock engaged though!!

uncbeers

tollboothwilley wrote:agreed. Never heard of this before.

You are aware of the little black switch, yes?

haha

If its still under warranty, a dealer should take a look and fix it for you.

It'd be awful funny if it was just the child lock engaged though!!
I will double-check this just for my own humiliation's sake but I checked it carefully! Of course, I would hate for it to be this too since the dealerships for Infiniti are ~35mins from my house w/o traffic...

Sentientbydesign
Car: 03 Evo VIII - 330 AWHP
05 Subaru Legacy GT Stg 2 - Sold
05 G35 6MT Coupe - 278 WHP - Sold
04 WW Evo VIII - 302 AWHP - Ex's
96 I30 - Sold

I'd check the child safety lock, and even if it's not engaged, engage then disengage it.

uncbeers

Sentientbydesign wrote:I'd check the child safety lock, and even if it's not engaged, engage then disengage it.
Well..I'm happy (and not all at the same time) to report it isn't me!

I flipped the child locks (on both rear doors) and I got one door (the one that just recently stopped opening from the inside) to open once from the inside. However, after I locked and unlocked the door with the door lock, it went right back to not opening from the inside. The second rear door never got to working even briefly after playing with the child lock. So I think I have determined it is some sort of the issue with both the door and child lock on each door (genius I know) but don't know that I should spend the time working on it if the dealership will treat it as warranty. I guess maybe I should schedule maintenance and this issue together and take it on in?

Unless anyone else has any other idea?!

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”