NOV 16th Meet SIGN-in

Including IL, IN, KY, TN, MI, and OH
PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

A NICO member from Minneapolis is thinking of taking time off from work to make it.50% chance right now he says (just got off the phone)

Fred...:thumbup

Integra96LS
Car: Cars, cars, and well umm Cars..

95silviase wrote:ok, u just answered my ? on AIM. why do you have to bring that honda???? thats 2 honda's now. craaaaaaaaaaap
one Acura one honda.. bish :)

redrocket
Car: 1987 200sx SE, 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic Crew Cab, and 1999 Kawasaki ZX9R

Integra96LS wrote:one Acura one honda.. bish :)
Acura=honda and chris if I make it up there get ready to have your little pos handed on a silver platter :D and when I am done you can pay me for the wasting of gas :pface

P.S. an I'll do it with out NAWWWWSS

nyx

I think I should be able to make an appearance at the premeet. See you guys there. :D

UncleBen
Car: '05 G35 Sedan Sport, '98 240sx LE auto, '95 240sx SE auto,

redrocket wrote:Acura=honda and chris if I make it up there get ready to have your little pos handed on a silver platter :D and when I am done you can pay me for the wasting of gas :pface

P.S. an I'll do it with out NAWWWWSS

AHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

UncleBen

palmerwmd wrote:A NICO member from Minneapolis is thinking of taking time off from work to make it.50% chance right now he says (just got off the phone)

Fred...:thumbup

Minneapolis?!?!? :shocked JEEEEEEZ this is gonna be thebest NICO meet in history, lol. if SD w/ the skyline could come, OMG. i would die. but anyway, whats the Minneapolis guys SN? whoever you are, if you come, thank you so much, lol. i think this meet is going to be the highlight of having my drivers license!

wicked_S14
Car: cars, music..the usual

I should be at the pre-meet....Im counting on it anyway...but Im also counting on unforeseen forces conspiring against me...:twins

and im pretty sure but I just wanna make sure Im sure that Lousville is in the same timezone as Ohio? thanx.

UncleBen

HEY MODS!!!!!!!! all you mods that were there at the last bowling green meet, ya'll comin again?? haven't seen anything out of you. i expect I30, Jezter, Mayhem J30, EZCheese, NYX (aint a mod but you should come!).....all ya'll, u need to be there:yesnod

miteymax86
Car: Cars,(dur!) Fishing, um....

It's a Saturday right? I've got nothing better to do and am new to the forum, so, I thought I'd take a little road trip and check it out. I'm not quite as far away as Minneapolis, but I'd be a close second. Got maps? 86 Max, no mods

PalmerWMD

Whoever travels furthest will receive a free case of Valvoline SynPower, 5w-40 for coming from far.

The furthest "yes" guys so far ar, MN(maybe), MI(yes), OH(firm yes), MS (maybe).But since you never know who will make it for sure it could still be anybody.

Fred...:)

UncleBen

welcome to the boards and if u come, trust me, you won't regret it. hey fred, i looked at a few places down here, and i actually found some of that valvoline synpower oil, except all i have found is 10w-30. do you think that would just about as good as the 5w?

PalmerWMD

95silviase wrote:welcome to the boards and if u come, trust me, you won't regret it. hey fred, i looked at a few places down here, and i actually found some of that valvoline synpower oil, except all i have found is 10w-30. do you think that would just about as good as the 5w?

Call me we'll talk offline about this for now too much detail neccessary.

UncleBen

alrighty. i don't have you cell #. just email it to me. actually, just tell me at the meet. i won't need to buy any oil before then.

theTony
Car: umm.....Cars??

I am still unable to make it to BG, but I should be at the pre-meet to see everyone off!!

UncleBen

i'm so disappointed in you T. : :sigh: : there is always next year :yesnod

theTony
Car: umm.....Cars??

95silviase wrote:i'm so disappointed in you T. : :sigh: : there is always next year :yesnod

yeah, :( i'd love to come, but i have SO MUCH going on right now... i'm already looking forward to SPRING MEETS!!!

UncleBen

lol, yea, i am too. i'm lookin forward to gettin on the interstate and headin up to L-ville for some meets also. i just dont wanna have to drive that far alone, lol. hopefully other NICO people would caravan up there w/ me so i wouldnt' get lost :)

miteymax86
Car: Cars,(dur!) Fishing, um....

What the heck happens at one of these things? Palmer I got the e-mail, and accidentally deleted it, a second would be appreciated. From what I've gathered, it's basically, meet at someplace in Bowling Green, by a Sonic if I remember correctly, and somehow we then end up in Louisville, further clarification would be sweet, thanks for all patience

PalmerWMD

The times/locations are described in the first post in this thread.

As for our activities, we ususally show each other the cars, sit in each others cars and maybe drive them as well.

In addition there is the option of running your car at the Beech Bend Track in BG at this meet.It's a 1/4 mile track, running your car there is optional, but I think many will do it.

BY the end of teh day we usuaaly sit down somewhere and talk about cars some more.For thos that are travelling far Many local members are willing to put PPL up for SAT nite when needed.

Fred....:)

UncleBen

miteymax, we have so far done this at the meets: we meet up at the corvette museum, stay there for a while introducing ourselves to each other, looking at everyones cars, etc. then we go to sonic and hang out there for a long time, then head to beech bend or whatever. so far, at the previous two meets, we haven't gotten to race. last meet was rainy and nasty out, so we didn't stay to long at the corvette museum, we then went to sonic, stayed, got run off, then went to subway until late that night when everyone started taking off. hopefully this meet we will be at the corvette museum for a while, go grab some food and talk for a while, then go race :evilhaha

MetaOrbit
Car: Black 2002 Infiniti I35 Sport

Hmm...I think I might be able to make this one :ylsuper

I'll probably see you guys up at BG though. Anyone know how far I-65 runs through TN? Or rather, what's the last exit number on the TN side of I-65 before entering KY?

That'll help me get a better handle on planning when to leave.

Thanks guys! Hope to see ya there!

John

02serspecv
Car: cars, racing, and my son

95silviase wrote:miteymax, we have so far done this at the meets: we meet up at the corvette museum, stay there for a while introducing ourselves to each other, looking at everyones cars, etc. then we go to sonic and hang out there for a long time, then head to beech bend or whatever. so far, at the previous two meets, we haven't gotten to race. last meet was rainy and nasty out, so we didn't stay to long at the corvette museum, we then went to sonic, stayed, got run off, then went to subway until late that night when everyone started taking off. hopefully this meet we will be at the corvette museum for a while, go grab some food and talk for a while, then go race :evilhaha

But i remember reading on louisvillestreets that the track is only open from 12 bg time to dark est 5 bg time. So will this affect our leave time or meet time, to allow us more time to get at the track? :confused:

UncleBen

Metaorbit, your car is BEAUTIFUL!!!! yes please please come, that is an amazing car and we would love to have you and it at the meet. i'm not sure what the last exit # on I-65 for TN is, but i can find out later. 02serspecv, they have lights out there at beech bend so i figure they would let people run at night...i hope so! that would suck bad. i need to call and find that out also, unless chris nichols knows. but even if they do close at 5, maybe we can still get out there and race before night, since the meet starts at 1:30 local time. i dont' know, i guess we'll have to wait and see.

UncleBen

woah metaorbit, i just read your sig and i saw you are only 18!?!?!?!? how in the flying fuk do you drive a car like that, at 18?????

MetaOrbit

95silviase wrote:woah metaorbit, i just read your sig and i saw you are only 18!?!?!?!? how in the flying fuk do you drive a car like that, at 18?????

LOL...thanks man. I'm very fortunate to have this car, to say the least.

A couple things contributed to my getting this car. When I was about 10, my dad made a deal with me that if I got a full scholarship that he'd get me a BMW. Well, graduation rolls around and I graduate as the valedictorian and I get a full scholarship, so I was told to make my list (of cars) seeing as I didn't like any BMWs, and sadly, the M3 & M5 were out of reach ;) .

Long story short, a couple of dealerships and test drives later, I get a call from my dad one afternoon to stop by the Infiniti dealership. The salesman I met a while ago takes me to look at this I35 and asks me if I like it, I say "yeah I think so" (not wanting to give him any room in negotiation if this was the car I might get) and he says, "Well, I hope so, because it's yours."

Damn, I think that was one of the best days of my life :D

Anyways, I'll ask my dad, he drives everywhere and he'll know how long it'll take me to get there.

Thanks!

John

UncleBen

WOW!! you are very lucky, and obviously very smart too! sweet car and congrats!!

MetaOrbit

Thanks again man.

BTW - I love your car. I want an S14 240SX so bad right now. I'm literally dying to get my hands on one and attempt the SR20DET swap.

Never done anything like it before, but heck, I figure I can teach myself to do anything - I'm already reading up ;)

John

PalmerWMD

MetaOrbit:

Please come you been teasing us for months with coming..

PalmerWMD

PS:That is AWESOME to have a car like that while you are still young enough to really get excited about it!!!

MetaOrbit

palmerwmd wrote:MetaOrbit:

Please come you been teasing us for months with coming..

Hehehe....I know...I think I happened upon this date with enough advanced notice and (so far) no school conflicts so that I'll be able to make it.

Re: P.S.: Thanks, I still always park it in the backs of parking lots and take longing looks at it when I leave the car. ....I even sneak down to the garage (when I'm at home) to look at it at night :eek:

Return to “Central Region”