Noticing more squeaks and rattles

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

I have been noticing more squeaks and rattles from the car now that I've put about 25,000 miles on it. I have finally started to get the squeaking from the sunroof that so many others have complained about. I am pretty sure that there is an easy fix for that by just applying some stuff around the rubber seal. I will take care of that next week. I also have an annoying rattle coming from the passenger side somewhere, either the door or maybe the glovebox. It happens whenever I hit a bump in the road. I am leery about taking it in to the dealer and have them mess around with it. I have heard so many stories of having more squeaks and rattles after the dealer has taken off the door panel.

Anyone else experiencing these rattles? What have you done to fix them?

g35driver
Car: Power kite flying

I have. My passenger door seams to have a plastic rattle sound coming from or around the speaker area. I don't notice it when I play music but when I listening to talk radio or the news the bass from the human voice causes the rattle. I already had them look at the door they told me that the it was ok. I haven't made an issue about it since. I wonder if I need to tighten something. Kev...

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

Yeah, I think that may be the same problem I am having over there. I am think ing of replacing my passenger side door panel and if I do that, I am goint to see if there some room in there to put some type of foam or insulation to help prevent vibration from the speaker.

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”