Not sure what's going on

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
gkeylow
Car: 2004 Infiniti G35x

2004 G35x Sedan (135k miles), factory radio (Bose) installed. Just bought it weekend before last.

Tonight I'm parked with the car off, radio playing waiting for my girl. She got in for a second to get something and run back in. When we were talking, my radio cut off. When she left. The power button wouldn't work, when I would start my car none of the AC/heater controls as well, but was set on Auto around 88 degrees (full blast) After 2-3 mins of messing around, start off the car, turn off a few times. The radio disk changer started making noises, which I knew it got power back.

I started the car and checked to make sure everything that wasn't working was (which it was) but also noticed the security light was on solid. Didn't think nothing of it and shut the car down. When to started again and nothing. No power, no lights on the dash, no turn over, not even the keyless entry would lock or unlock.

I know nothing about Infiniti's but read online it could be in Lock Mode and to insert the key, turn it to on for 5 seconds, back to off. Repeat 2 more times and it should fix it.

The car also had a completely dead battery when I got it from my friend, we jump packed it, I drove it 70 miles home and it hasn't give me any problems since I bought it.

Please help and thank you in advance!!

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

The factory Bose systems for '03 and '04 (maybe '05) suffer from some issues (poor solder joints I believe) which will cause the radio and AC controls to go blank. The solution is to replace the head unit or to contact someone such as http://www.shortcircuitrepair.com/ to get it fixed.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”