Not goodbye, but see ya later

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
numbnuts240
Car: 1999 exploder 4-door 5-speed, 1974 fairlady z 250gt, 2011 ford focus, 2010 mazda3

I know i don't post much these days, but I do check in frequently. A lot has happened lately, and even more is happening. This has been a place where I've connected with quite a few people on a personal level, and although a lot of them aren't here any more, or we've lost touch, I thought maybe some of you may be interested. Or not, it's whatevs.

Family:
My gf and I were almost given full custodial rights to her younger, 8 year old sister. She was taken from her home and placed with us because the environment was toxic and dangerous. Due to the great wisdom of the state's DCF officials, she was placed back home and s*** hit the fan. We're in talks with the father to have her come back here where it's safe and she can get the love, care, and attention she deserves.

My niece is starting high school next year. That scares me.

My old man, who is now 58, was diagnosed with dementia a couple of years ago. His mental health has, and continues, to depreciate at a fast rate. Needless to say, it's been extremely taxing on our family. I'm in the process of making a plan to help my parents sell their home and move into the upstairs apartment in my house. It would make things a lot easier to help my mother our with dad and my niece.

Self:
I've been ok, considering. Family and work stress led me down a dark path. Anger management has been an ongoing struggle, but as of late, i'm learning to not take so much upon myself all the time and things are looking up. I had a brief scare with an abnormal EKG, but a follow up Echo cardiogram showed that my heart is just fine. I've been dieting and starting to work out a bit and have already dropped 15 pounds in 3 weeks. I feel good, and am looking forward to more positive and healthy progress.

Now for the "see ya later":
Internet access will be at a bare minimum for quite some time. I'm writing all this as an official cadet in the State of CT Department of Corrections Academy. I start Friday. I actually applied just over 4 years ago, and was randomly given a call back a few weeks ago. The whole EKG episode was a result of my pre-employment physical. I just got my sign-off from the cardiologist this afternoon. I'm super stoked. I haven't had any type of health benefits, or legit plan for the future in quite some time. I can't wait to start training.

Amidst all the negativity, there is always light. I will do my best to check in from time to time, but for the time being, See ya later.

EdBwoy

Till later. I wish you and your loved ones health and prosperity as you make adjustments. That's a lot going on.
... and congratulations on the job.

RichardinKY
Car: 2010 Nissan Altima S 2.5

I joined here probably over 1-1/2 year ago? Since then I have seen the forum literally dry-up? I have no idea what happened here. I now get help over on anothe Nissan Forum.

Sorry to hear about all your family issues. I pray things get better for you and yours!

Wishing you well and a Merry Christmas... Richard

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Dang, Tita. It seems like only yesterday we were all "peeing" into Nala's instant detailed hand-me-down-mom-wagon at Carlisle. Sounds like you've got your hands full with adult stuff. Best of luck with the new job, and hopefully you two get custody of that little girl. You're a good man.

Return to “General Chat”