Not clear on something.

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
GoofyATX240

I did a search already, but will a KA24DE out of a 93 240sx fit a 90 nissan pick up that originally had a sohc? Will the tranny fit with it also? Thanks in advance.

jhoward
Car: design, cars, music

If i'm not mistaken, it will. I thought about doing that to my truck, but the power to money ratio isn't very good. I've just done simple things to up the horsepower. In order to change the old engine for the ka24de, you must get everything. This includes the computer and all the harnesses. The power stearing fluid tank must also be changed. As far as I know the rest will fit fine. Not 100% for sure on that though.

kalescio

u could also just take the head off of a dohc and change the timing chain and tensioner over. u would also have to do some wiring and reprogram the ecu but it would raise your compression to 11.7/1 due to the smaller chamber in the head. i am going to do this to my 94 hardbody. u would be paying more for gas though with atleast 92 octane

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”