Nose Mask for Rogue

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
sckeith
Car: 2017 Versa Note SL, Red

I'm installing a Nissan nose mask or bra on our Rogue and in the instruction sheets it says to make sure both car and mask are clean and dry before putting it on to prevent clouding on the finish. I got no problem with that but it left me with the impression that it had to be removed and allowed to dry after it gets wet. It that normal for these things, I've never had one before but it looks like it a lot of work maintaining it after it rains 2 or 3 times in a week.

Thanks

lou from ny

i gazillion years ago, i had a Mazda RX-7.....good lord i loved that car!!

anyway, it came with a bra and made it look great....until i removed it and found the paint under it severely faded. needless to say i put it back on very quickly.

long story short, YES remove it, dry the car and the bra it you can and put it back on.

i understand you wanting one. i may buy one as well for the horrible drivers i have here in NYC, but it will come off in the rain.

good luck!Lou

Elton Noway
Car: 2009 Rogue SL FWD Phantom White Black Cloth

sckeith wrote:I'm installing a Nissan nose mask or bra on our Rogue and in the instruction sheets it says to make sure both car and mask are clean and dry before putting it on to prevent clouding on the finish. I got no problem with that but it left me with the impression that it had to be removed and allowed to dry after it gets wet. It that normal for these things, I've never had one before but it looks like it a lot of work maintaining it after it rains 2 or 3 times in a week.Thanks
Yep... I'm afraid so. The first time I put a bra on a car was back in the 80's on a new 280Z. It was a bear to install and getting it perfect... but fit like a glove. Since it was a hassle to install I didn't want to take it off and fight with putting it back on. Besides... I had put a good coat of wax on the car before installing the bra so I thought I was in good shape. WRONG!.

After several months I decided it was time to remove it and give it another coat of wax. Lets just say I was sick. Dirt had accumulated under the bra and made the front end look like someone rubbed the car down with finishing sandpaper. The shine was completely gone off the hood with only a couple places escaping. I learned my lesson. On my next car (a 66 Jag) I removed the bra every other weekend for cleaning and or whenever it got wet. Fast forward to the Rogue. After the Jag I never again put a bra on a car. I had given up on them due to the continual maintenance. If you are a car fanatic and detail your car every weekend then its just part of the ritual. I'm not that fanatical. However , when I got the Rogue... the large expanse of paint on the front end (along with Nissans reputation for chipping paint) I once again considered installing a bra.

Thank God (or Al Gore) for the Internet! I really didn't want the hassle of maintaining a bra but I told my wife I didn't think we had a choice. However, while surfing for a Rogue bra I stumbled across the "Clear Bra". Halleluiah! Yes... they're more expensive than a vinyl bra but in my personal opinion...worth every single penny. I had mine installed last week and I LOVE IT!!!

Pics to follow (if it ever stops raining)...

Return to “Rogue Forum”