Nos

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
LiU
Car: Cars

Hi sorry but can anyone tell memore bout NOS?I have a 96 240 w/ I/E but getting header, and pulleys soon... after that I'm gonna run a NOS system.... so my question ishow much hp can I run on a stock 240 w/ the engine in pretty good condition and stock fuel pumps and injectors and spark plugs on a dry kit?what about a wet kit?

any suggestions as whether I should get the dry or wet kit?

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

geeze, if you look about 3-5 thready down theres a thready with "NOS" in the tittle...maybe you could ask this there?

yes Im being a ****, but come on, this is the 5th time I've seen this quesiton in less than a week...

-chet

ninjak84
Car: S13, Z32, Titan

Nope Exar, you aren't being a ****.About 3 threads down there is the exact topic, with numerous parts checklists for numerous cars being posted. All the info there relates to running nitrous. No need for this topic.

LiU
Car: Cars

sorry I was busy regetting my password so I didn't really notice em..can someone tell me why isit w/ nos you only worry bout getting enough fuel say if you're running bout 100-150 shots ppl are only worried bout getting enough fuel but not about reubilding the engine (piston rings and stuff) but w/ turbos and such you have to worry bout fuel and rebuilding the engine?

sxfro

probably because all turbo kits come with some kind of fuel enrichment, computer, injectors, fuel pump or fmu. as for the "nos", nos is a brand. it stands for nitrous oxide systems. just call it what it is, nitrous. i dont think it would be very smart to run anything over a 75 shot. if you do your engine won't be in "pretty good shape" anymore. you need to read as much as you can on nitrous before you get it. the way it sounds you need a dry kit. its safe, but don't over do it. i have a 98 240 i/h/e, pulleys, plugs and plug wire. i ran a 50 shot and 75 sometimes. you will need some plugs just dont get platinum plugs. go with ngk's and 2 heat ranges colder that what your car runs stock. this is all my opinion having had plenty of experience with nitrous.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”