Nos?????

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
speedynis240
Car: Nissan's

im sorry if i posted this on the wrong board. I have a 98 240sx and ive installed a nitrous worxs kit with a 75 shot. Everything is in perfect condition with the kit it sparys fine the gas comes out fine(i think) but when i go to activiate it and floor it it bogs out every timee i spary. Was wondering what the problem could be or what i can do to correct this???? n e help will be appriciated. :help if the mods, are gonna be a factor then here they are; hotshot header 5 star 9.5 millimeter wiresto bosch platinum plugs injen intake, apexi n-1 dual exhuast, with front o2 sensor out.

SlowFiveOh
Car: drag racing, music

are you running colder plugs?

speedynis240

no im not, i will go out and get some today, which ones do you reccommend, but wouldnt it still hit and not bog even with the bosch platinums that i have now

speedynis240

ok well tried coloder spark plugs and still boggin i called holley twice but was pretty busy. n e other suggestions maybe???? i just wanna spray:sad

1991240xs

What does your car run without the NOS? You should have had your engine in perfect condition before you go spraying your nos into it. Run it without the nos and tell us what it runs. Then check your installation of the NOS system...tell us everything you can about how you did it-

speedynis240

well i had about 5 different people look at it and all have said the nos is hooked up fine and in working condition, we even tried last nite to spray a dry shot......... still nothing. my check engine light is on and im goin to replace the front o2 sensor which the code calls for , ill replace it this week and let you know what im runnin. thanxs

SlowFiveOh
Car: drag racing, music

the 02 sensor my very well be the problem. if it is bad then im sure the A/F ratio is probably nowhere close to being right and then add spray on top of that and youre thowing it even farther out of whack

never spray if your check engine light is on! youre just asking for trouble then.

Aries
Car: LT1 240SS

I probably spray the biggest shot of the guys on this board.My car regularly runs a 150 with no problems.

On your Nitrous Works Kit, is it a dry kit or a wet kit?Dry should be sprayed through the mass air meter, and we should only be sprayed AFTER the MAS.

Also, the bosche plugs are BAD for nitrous.They are hot plugs.The correct plugs for nitrous are NGK TR-6 or COLDER only.Hot plugs don't ignite enough of the gas to produce the desired effect, and nitrous injection tends to blow out the spark.

I can't really help you more until I know more about your setup...

speedynis240

Its a wet kit. The fogger is mounted right in front of the throttle body. Im thinking it is the spark plugs cause thats how it feels like the everything just wants to stop . everything else is fine on it it runs great, well it did runs great before it got flooded out 2 dayz ago. I was wondering if you could tell me what all i need to do. i ran through some water on my street thinkin it wasnt that high well it wasnt until i got to the middle of it all and water came up to my set. Im getting it towed to the shop to get the oil flushed the tranny, the brake lines and also the differential. N E suggestions on what else i should do to reguvenate the life of my s14?

Aries

well, don't drive through water like that agian to start with...

Check the spark plugs.You are looking for white residue or oil ON the plugs.Possibly also the electrodes may have detonated off.

For the plugs, NGK makes some verry nice cold plugs for use with Nitrous. TR-6 or TR-8 NGK's work the best, but be sure to get the ones that will fit the 240. A Lot of shops will sell you the universal import NGK's and tell you that they are the same thing, but they aren't. They are actually 3.8mm longer. This makes the electrode more exposed, and easier to blow out when using nitrous.

speedynis240

LOL most definitly i will not do that agian. I actually had it hauled off today by a tow truck (i will never forgive myself for thatone). Well, as soon as it comes back from the shop i will get the plugs and let you know if it made a difference, which i hope it does. By the way Aries, what part of houston r you from. I would like to meet up with some more 240 drivers cause everyone here drive hondas, and they get on my nerves

Aries

I'm out in Katy, but make frequent trips to Galveston.Some nights I come down to the Kroger meets inPasadena on 146.

speedynis240

Im on the way to Galveston i live in League City. You should come to the Barnes and Nobles meet every Friday nites right by the Baybrook Mall but on the other side of the freeway. There are usually over a couple of hundred people their. Webster Police r cool as long as you arent being ignorant ( like some kids doin unnecassary burnouts).

Aries

I'll probably cruise down there in a week or two.Love meeting other 240 owners :)

SpeedRacer1
Car: 1990 240SX, G35

Did it say anywhere in your instructions to retard the timing? I do believe the ZEX 75 shot tells the installer to retard timing 4 degrees. Not sure if this helps.:confused:

speedynis240

actually i bought the kit used, and it didnt have instructions, my friends did it that have done many others but never on a 240sx. But i did just buy the i think its the BTM sewries ignition from MSD which allows me to retard the timing. But as soon as it comes out the shop i will try it out.

Aries just email me at [email protected] when you do come down. You owouldnt happen to have a digital Camera would you ???

Aries

Will do. {writes not to email speedy}

Actually I do have a digital camera.

want_to_know_more

singlecamhonduhkilla
Car: learning all i can about this car.. some street racing.. etc..

im in corpus.. but i wanna meet you too.. lol.. i have a 89 ka 240..but i think i got the pos one.lol i dont understand.. i got beat justnow by a honDUH civ 99 and i raped his azz all weekend at night.. idk.. oh well.. but yea theres only 2 240sx' s out here that race.. and i dont have crap on my car.. cept a magnaflow wit 2.25" piping.. and a ghetto box filter..lol:ylsuper

J Taylor
Car: 1978 280z rb25det
1990 300ZX TT

I would for sure pull those Platinum plugs out and put some plain ole NGK's in with a step colder heat range. Forced induction and NOS doesn't usually like platinum plugs too well. JT

Aries

J Taylor wrote:I would for sure pull those Platinum plugs out and put some plain ole NGK's in with a step colder heat range. Forced induction and NOS doesn't usually like platinum plugs too well. JT
Correct.I eat a $20 set of TR-6 Platinum NGK's every pass on Nitrous.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”