Northern Ky, Cinci

Including IL, IN, KY, TN, MI, and OH
240_s14

If anyone lives near Northern Ky or Cinci., I am going to be at Edgewater raceway this friday. I will have a 96 Emerald blue. Thanks,

Rubin:bash

bodyman240

I live in Northern KY. My project car is not on the road yet. I have to fix it- it was a salvage. Just thought I would respond since we are in the same area. Last time I went I saw one 240- represent.

240_s14

What part of NKY are you from??? I live in Florence. And what kinda project is it, s13, s14?? Great to hear someone else from NKY at last.

bilt4spd

I live in nky. Just finished sr swap. Its a red 95 240 running 10lbs of boost daily driven (15lbs on the avc-r when i get a chance to go to the track). No, i haven't ran it yet, but hope to before the track closes. Any of you guys have a sr20 swap yet? Thanks, Jess.

240_s14

Is it a dark red 240 with black rims??? I have the ka24de motor still in mine, and questioning about the rebuild and turbo for it. The track closes sometime this month "so I have been told" so you should go asap. If you ever want to meet up give me a shout. [email protected] Thanks,

Rubin

bilt4spd

no it doesn't have black rims(17"silver 10 spokes). I wouldn't consider it dark red. It is kind of a "normal red". I have paint for it. It is the skyline gtr deep marine pearl. Hopefully getting it painted in spring (have to do some body work, door dings n'such). I haven't had my car out that much. It was down for a good month. If you guys know of anyone that needs a sr swap done or a honda swap, the guy who put mine in is the guy to do it. He drives a civic hatch with 353.1 WHP. He knows his stuff. I have also heard that the track closes this month. I don't know if I will get down there or not. I may wait until I put in a LSD and give a shot in the spring. I have a lot of traction problems right now when I shift into second (*** end kicks out severly). I would like to meet up with some of you guys sometime. Regards.

240_s14

If you don't mind me asking "you don't have to answer if you don't want to. . " how much did he charge you for install??? I would really like to see your ride, what part of NKY are you from, I am from Florence. We don't get to see many s14's around Cinci.

bilt4spd

Well...being that he is my best friend, it was done at my house (have a large air compressor and pneumatic tools) and I of course helped. Not very much at all.(sorry, don't really want to say). He did however quote my buddy Cory a labor price. He has a s14 se. I can't remember exactly what it was, I think it was around 1500. Not sure though. Could be less. He did the harness by himself. He did not like that at all. Putting a redtop into a s14 is a lot harder of a wiring process than the s13. It could be a little lower or it might be a little higher of a price. If and when you are ready, just let me know and I can tell him. By the way, he is a certified mechanic with 17 ASE's and his L1 and his L2. So he kinda knows what he is doing. As far as putting the motor and tranny in, its pretty straight forward. Its the wiring that will get ya. Any hoo, I live out toward Independence off of Hands Pike. I was out this past Sat. night with my little bro. and Garrison Gamm(drives a silver s13 w/sr20 and gunm. 18's). I rarely see any s14's out, a lot of s13's though. O yeah, Garrison is selling his car if you know of anyone that is interested. Regards.

bodyman240

I live in villa hills and I have a maroon s13 soon to be a black s13 and I am working on getting an SR, I have 7000 for the swap.

bilt4spd

nice. you should have plenty to do the swap. Just to give you an idea and no I am not trying to brag in any way, just trying to help. I spent around( a little more i am sure) 10 grand on mine...so far LOL. That includes the price of the car, $3600. Here is what I have:redtop sr20detHPI FMICBlitz DDSS BOVoil,boost,air/fuel gaugesApexi Avc-r boost controllerHKS 3" exhaust3" downpipeGreddy turbo timerWalbro 255lph fuel pumpStar SPEC stage 2 clutch

Then I bought the EZ install kit, battery relocation kit, and tune up kit from srswap.com. Now, If I add all that up, it probably comes out to a little more than 10 grand. The install itself nickle and dimes you to death with stupid stuff.. vaccum hose,clamps etc.So if you have 7 g's dude, you could defenitley do it.

bilt4spd

By the way..I am pretty much tapped for now. Oh, and I had to buy a harness also, that sucked.. 310 bucks. I hope I didn't sound like I have mad cash, cuz I don't. I was just trying to help. Regards

240_s14

Well again if anyone wants to go down to Edgewater Friday night, I am going. My ka24de has the intake filter adapter and exhaust. Rubin

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Hey guys you shoudl get in on the mets of our Louisville group.

usually in louisville and just had one in BG.Be sure to check the "NICO meets section", which is sperate from the 240 meets section here.

There are huge threads there from differnt meets.

We had 5 or 6 meets in the last 3 months..:D

Fred...:)

Coch240SX
Car: 1991 240SX 1997 M3

Hey guys, there's a group of us that meet up every week, usually at the BW-3 in Highland Heights right by NKU. There's a '97, a '95 and my '91. We just get together to hang out and B.S. It's always a good time and you all are definitetly welcome. If you want to email me I'm at [email protected] or AIM as wondertoad2. Jeff

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

I live in Louisville am not familair with the rest of KY geography yet.

Can you guys give me some estimate on how far from Louisville what routes and such?

Also why dont you guys come to oen fo our meets here.They are pretty cool and and well attended lots of thread about them in the NICO meets section (which is seperate from the 240SX section here).

Fred..:)

bilt4spd

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Coch240SX "]Hey guys, there's a group of us that meet up every week, usually at the BW-3 in Highland Heights right by NKU. There's a '97, a '95 and my '91. We just get together to hang out and B.S. It's always a good time and you all are definitetly welcome. If you want to email me I'm at [email protected] or AIM as wondertoad2. What days do you guys meet up? Are any of the 240's swapped?Let me know when you guys meet. I would like to try and get up there.

Coch240SX
Car: 1991 240SX 1997 M3

We usually meet up on Thursday nights, although there are weeks that we don't meet up because of our schedules. One guy is in the process of putting in the SR but he usually doensn't hang out with us. One of the guys that is usually there has a KA-T though. I'll let you guys know when we'll be meeting next and where we'll be meeting at. We'd love to have some more people show up. Jeff

240sX_hP
Car: Cars

Hey guys I am from Fort Wright, Ky here. I was wondering if you might be able to help me out or point me in the right direction. I am looking for a 240SX S15 or S14 with a blown motor or a wrecked front (without frame damage). I am starting to call around to junk yards hoping to find something. Any help would be appreciated. I would like to join some of you if I can get this done. :D But any :help would be greatly appreciated! :xfingers

240_s14

First off let me take car of a little info for you. There is no such thing as a U.S. Nissan s15. The s14 was from 95-96, and then there is another version of the s14 "i think the s14a or something like that" that was introduced from 97-98. If I were you, and if I was looking for my 240sx just for speed I would look for a s13 for a couple of grand, and then put in a sr20det or put a turbo on the ka. If you want a 240sx that is a little bit rarer "sp?" I would buy a s14. Not to many s14's to choose around here from. If I were you I would just keep using autotrader.com or cars.com. I found my s14 on cars.com, but it didn't have a picture, ironicly it was the only car I looked at without a picture. Good luck. Rubin

240sX_hP
Car: Cars

I considered going the S13 route but I wanted a body that was smoother. I have been doing some research obviously not enough. ;) I am currently searching some auto salvages on the internet now. I hope I can find something. Thanks for the information, I need all I can get! :D

240_s14

I could be wrong, but alot of the auto salvage yards, especially on the internet are just for parts and not the whole salvage. I don't know if these might help but try to going to http://www.car-parts.com or http://www.junkyard.com . For speed it is alot more affordable the s13 but you can't deny the s14 looks mighty mean. Anyway you pick you win. I love those win-win situations!

Return to “Central Region”