Northern California! This is one Meet You won't want to Miss!

Including HI and CA
GeeThreeFive

January 10th in the Sacramento Area. We are requesting good locations that will work for interested members.

quiksilvia
Car: 95 s14 se

hey g35, put a post in the 240 general, and nico general areas, no one reads this forum unfortunately

GeeThreeFive

Go ahead you try. It would be better if had a place to have it.

NISTECH

come on norcal guys lets get something going. this is rediculas, everytime a norcal meet is planed out next to no one shows. the east coast guys meets make the meets out here look silly. look at some of the posts of their meets they get tons of cars together with lots of photos. norcal has yet to even come close to it. this is weak!!

quiksilvia

ok, ill post in nico general and 240 general, and then u can all call me daddy

GeeThreeFive

I'm sorry, but I am not driving all the way to Willows and then pay $120. Where is most of the Nor Cal members from? The bay area? We can have it at my house, I have 5 acres of almond and a 3000 sq. ft. house 1/2 mile outside of Escalon. It isn't to exciting unless you want to shoot gophers.:uzi At least there isn't any neighbors to piss off from playing the music to loud.:metal:

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

We started small out here too!

Our first meet in August 02 was 6 cars and that included a passerby with a Sentra we had shanghaied into our meet.

Out of that core group, many meets activists would grow and now we have a bunch of fun ,wether our meet is small ( 7 cars) or big (40 cars).

Fred..:)

GeeThreeFive

Thanks for the encouragement. We'll keep trying.

Zydeco
Car: The poster formerly know as -]sTm[-HeavyHips

yo the 10 of janauray works for as long is its not raining to hard.

quiksilvia

11th i thought....sunday in the early afternoon

GeeThreeFive

This came from the other post when we were talking about trying to get together. But it really doesn't matter to me.

FROM NORCAL MEET POSTTo get more people to attend from further regions the best time to have it would be in the early afternoon on saturday the 10th. If you do it too early on saturday people from further away may not show for fear they wouldnt make it on time. If it was held on sunday afternoon people may not come due to having to work monday ,they would not wanna arrive home to late sunday night. thats my .02 but you guys should agree to something soon so we can get it posted now to be seen and adjusted somewhat to meet the needs of others. If you guys want I can put up a post now to get the ball rolling on this soon. I would love to attend a large meet. bigger then what I have seen here in the past 5 or 6 cars is really silly to me. If I was traveling from a distance like geethreefive is I would expect to see at least 15 cars there. not to mention the guys comin from chico area which is a hell of a drive(and boring). Let me know if you want me to post this or one of you guys throw it up even if its a potential date. but it needs a new thread cause this one is tired already.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

[quote=" GeeThreeFive [BFROM NORCAL MEET POSTTo get more people to attend from further regions the best time to have it would be in the early afternoon on saturday the 10th. If you do it too early on saturday people from further away may not show for fear they wouldnt make it on time. If it was held on sunday afternoon people may not come due to having to work monday ,they would not wanna arrive home to late sunday night. [/quote]

I agree with this assessment.

Fred..:)

GeeThreeFive

Well, now you will need a little more time than just a Saturday or Sunday to make it.

the1_thedave
Car: 2k Altima SE

About the lack of attentence at NorCal Meets, Its depend on how serious you want to get together and continue meeting. The people on the east coast like to get together as well as S. Cali., Do you?

Saturdays for meets are usually about the only days i have available.

GeeThreeFive

It seems like there really aren't that many NorCal members in comparision to the LA area. I would like to get together on a regular basis if it would stay within 1 - 2 hr. drive away for me. I don't know if it is the time of year or what but it doesn't seem like anyone is to interested. What do you think?

96sx

I am, I just usually work on weekends... Ken

quiksilvia

we can massage work around one lil meet right>? fo shook, ill be there whenever, no prob

f8sjester

it's rough to meet on a Sunday for me since, unfortunately at the moment, I work graveyard on Sunday night. . . that'd be about 3-4 hours on the road round-trip and still making it for a full night of work afterwards. . .

I do want to meet y'all but the meets that have been scheduled so far always seem to be on dates with prior engagements or just super bad timing. . . I should be changing jobs in the next month or so and hopefully my schedule will let me join my 240 brethren so you can all behold my POS in need of many repairs heheh

mrbean
Car: Guitar, Music, Art, Movies, Computer & Video Games

I'm in San Mateo and I'm down for Saturday... Are we talking about like 2-3pm? Is there a cost?

tktrthomas1

Make a meet in Febuary!!! I'm busy in Jan. or if in Jan after the 25th =)

NISTECH

it was suggested for saturday afternoon. no specific time is specified as we would like to work with everyones ability to attend. Understandably being able to meet EVERYONES needs will be impossible but as a majority we can work out something to make this meet a successful one.

Each of you seriously interested in attending this meet throw up a time you think you could make in the sacramento area. the specific loaction has not been determined yet as we would like to try and centralize it as best as possible to everyones location. since myself and brandon are in the sacramento region he or I could scope out potential locations for a meet that would be able to hold as many cars as possible. I myself would like to try to find a park or something along those lines where we wont be chased out by the cities finest.

As of now no cost has been established. If there is a cost it would most likely stem from being a park fee for parking which wouldn't be more then a couple bucks. That will depend on where we hold it. Myself I would really like to see this a self disaplined event.like know burn outs or wreakless driving. cause I just cant compete in my geo...lol. seriously its no fun when somone gets hurt or we get slapped by the man. so self control at the meet is emphasised. booze would probably not be a real good thing since cars are involved and some will be driving a distance to get back home. We can put this together as a pot luck type deal. Ya can bring something. Or we can do a barbaque with contributions for meat and what not. this whole meet will be based on the participation and involment of all members interested. this way everyone is involved in the orginization of the "event"(should it reach that status). all are encourached to add their .02 on this.

GeeThreeFive

It doesn't matter to me Sat. or Sun. afternoon. Potluck or appetizer (finger food) would work. But I think alcoholic beverages should be up to the individual. Considering level of maturity and designated drivers. There are people who can have a COUPLE beers and maintain.

the1_thedave

I say why drink at all. Were dealing with people driving and the sorts.

Saturdays are good for me.

I drive around for my job, if you want to know different locations let me know, i'll scout them out. Elk grove park just became a free park.What kind of area do you want?Shaded? BBQ available? Tables?

quiksilvia

if this is in february, i dont think shade will be important :) i think a big parking lot would better rather than a park, hella kids at parks, kids + car = not tight, ill try to think of some

the1_thedave

Granite park, Behind family court house on power inn, Big Parking lot

NISTECH

brandon we are talking january 10th a saturday. if the majority agrees on it. why would kids in a park have anything to do with the cars?

the1_thedave

Nistech, What kind of location are we looking for?

quiksilvia

kids are in parks, i was faded, sorry :)

NISTECH

where ever we could house a minimum of 15 cars.(hoping for more ) but I would say at least 15. and somewhere the cops wont run us off. it doesnt matter if its a park or not. I just suggested a park.

the1_thedave

What would cause the cops to runs off? Of course if people are doing stupid things. But why else?If thats the case. Then there shouldn't be any problems.

Return to “California Region”